Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Ferrari News: Rumorpile: Ferrari Is Planning An SUV

“You have to shoot me first.”

That was the response of Ferrari Chairman (and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO) Sergio Marchionne last year when asked if Ferrari would ever do an SUV. But it seems Ferrari is working on one according to a report from Car.

The model - codenamed F16X is expected to be paired up with the replacement for the GT4C, due out in 2020. That means it will feature aluminum architecture and all-wheel drive. F16X will set itself apart from the GT4C by having a higher ride height, feature a four-door coupe body with rear suicide doors, and utilize V8 and hybrid powertrains.

According to sources at the company, the F16X will cost 300,000 euros (about $341,724.57).

Source: Car

View full article

36 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

The opportunities are fantastic here...someone shooting Sergio AND an exciting new Ferrari for us to enjoy.

What's not to like?

Agreed, Win Win for everyone world wide! :metal: 

• Agree 1

Surprised it's taken them this long..guess they are paying attention to Bentley, Lamborghini, etc...so when will Aston-Martin, Bugatti and McLaren get in the game?  Enough foot-dragging...

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Surprised it's taken them this long..guess they are paying attention to Bentley, Lamborghini, etc...so when will Aston-Martin, Bugatti and McLaren get in the game?  Enough foot-dragging...

I am starting to like the whole SUV thing...more power to them!

3 hours ago, Stew said:

This was unavoidable.  Should be interesting at least. 

Actually it's desirable.

12 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I am starting to like the whole SUV thing...more power to them!

Actually it's desirable.

I'll admit after 23 years of having SUVs as daily drivers, going back to a car as a dd would be  hard for me...I've thought about, seriously considered it when I had cars for a week to 3 weeks as rentals earlier this year.  But I'm just really used to sitting up high, the ease of getting in and out, and the space to haul stuff when needed.  Not to mention the traction and ground clearance.