Cadillac Fully Unveils The CT5 Sedan: Comments

large.2020-Cadillac-CT5-PremiumLuxury-029.jpgCadillac fully unveiled the Cadillac CT5 sedan ahead of the New York International Auto Show today.   We had seen a preview of the CT5 a few weeks ago, but today, Cadillac gives us the full release.

Laden with modern technology, Cadillac will be introducing their SuperCruise self-driving system to the segment. SuperCruise is the first truly hands-free system for limited-access highways. Safety features include Safety Alert Seat, Rear Camera Mirror with zoom and tilt adjustment, Forward Collision Alert, Low Speed Forward Automatic Emergency Braking, and Front Pedestrian Braking.  Available additional packages include Advanced Adaptive Cruise Control, Enhanced Forward Automatic Emergency Braking, Automatic Parking Assist with Braking, HD Surround Vision with Recorder, Rear Pedestrian Detection and Alert, and Reverse Automatic Braking.

large.2020-Cadillac-CT5-PremiumLuxury-010.jpgThe base engine is a twin-scroll 2.0T with 237 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque routed through a 10-speed automatic to the rear or all wheels.  Optional will be a 3.0 liter twin-turbo producing 335 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque from 2400-4400 RPM.  Both engines have active fuel management and automatic start-stop. 

The CT5 uses a long 116 inch wheelbase and fastback roof line borrowed from the Escala concept car. All-LED exterior lighting is standard and includes signature vertical lighting on all four corners. 

Inside, the infotainment system features a 1080p 10inch diagonal touch screen mounted high on the dash for better visibility. A driver-selectable mode allows the driver to change the vehicle dynamics depending on driving style and road conditions. 

The Cadillac CT5 will be shown at the New York International Auto Show starting April 17th.  Stay tuned for our thoughts on the CT5 from the show floor.

You can read the full Cadillac Press Release on Page 2

Cadillac Introduces First-Ever CT5

Global debut of new American luxury sedan advances brand’s legacy by offering Super Cruise1

large.2020-Cadillac-CT5-PremiumLuxury-004.jpg

Cadillac recasts the concept of American Luxury with the global debut of the unrivaled 2020 CT5 sedan.

This all-new compact sedan advances the brand’s award-winning legacy with a distinctive fusion of design, performance and comfort, supported by Cadillac’s latest technologies — including Super Cruise1, the world’s first true hands-free driver assistance feature for limited-access freeways.

“The first-ever Cadillac CT5 showcases Cadillac’s unique expertise in crafting American luxury sedans,” said Steve Carlisle, Cadillac president. “Its details elevate every drive and reward the senses.”

An all-new fastback design underscores the CT5’s refined ride, complemented with a driver-centric interior that blends high technology and high-touch elements. Luxury and Sport models allow customers to tailor the car to their style preferences with unique design and trim.

“Cadillac is dedicated to building the world’s most exhilarating luxury sedans,” said Carlisle. “Every element of the CT5 is focused on delivering an unrivaled experience, from the 10-speed transmission to Cadillac’s Super Cruise technology. The expansion of Super Cruise to CT5 reinforces our commitment to bringing the most innovative technologies to our customers.”

Cadillac CT5’s Super Cruise technology will be available in calendar year 2020 on select models.

CT5 highlights:

• At launch, the model range will include Luxury, Premium Luxury and Sport, with a Platinum package available on Premium Luxury and Sport models.
  • A 2.0L Twin-Scroll Turbo engine is standard and Cadillac’s 3.0L Twin-Turbo V-6 is available on Premium Luxury and Sport models. Unique sound calibrations are tuned with the engines and each is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission.
  • The driving dynamics build on Cadillac’s award-winning RWD architecture and include standard Driver Mode Control. AWD is available.
  • The latest Cadillac user experience2 with a large 10-inch-diagonal screen, as well as intuitive controls, including a rotary controller.
  • A host of comfort and convenience features such as standard Adaptive Remote Start, cabin air purification ionizer and available front-seat lumbar massage.
  • Driver awareness technologies include standard Safety Alert Seat3 and Cadillac’s latest generation available Rear Camera Mirror with zoom and tilt adjustment.
  • Standard driver assistance technologies include Forward Collision Alert3, Low Speed Forward Automatic Emergency Braking3 and Front Pedestrian Braking3.
  • Available driver assistance technologies including Advanced3 Adaptive Cruise Control, Enhanced Forward Automatic Emergency Braking3, Automatic Parking Assist with Braking3, HD Surround Vision with Recorder3, Rear Pedestrian Detection and Alert3, Reverse Automatic Braking3and more.

A New Design Profile

With a fastback profile inspired by the Escala concept, the first-ever CT5 charts a new direction for Cadillac sedan design that leverages the natural proportional advantage of the vehicle’s rear-drive platform to communicate power, presence and performance.

“From every angle, the CT5 exudes athleticism, sophistication and confidence,” said Andrew Smith, executive director of global Cadillac design. “Cadillac’s signature hard-edge cues have evolved to a more sculptural and fluid expression of the brand’s design language.”

A long, 116-inch wheelbase (2,947 mm) and lengthened side glass accentuate the car’s long, low proportion and sweeping fastback profile. Body sculpturing, including taut character lines, contributes to the car’s strong stance and speaks to Cadillac’s legacy of craftsmanship and technology.

An all-LED exterior lighting strategy features signature vertical lights at all four corners of the vehicle.

Bright exterior accents and unique grilles and fascias distinguish the CT5 Luxury and Premium Luxury models, while the Sport model is differentiated by darker accents and performance-inspired details, including unique grilles, fascias, rocker extensions, spoiler and standard 19-inch wheels4.

High-Tech and High-Touch Interior

CT5’s interior features elegant, wide surface lines and simple interfaces, focusing on quality, attention to detail, authenticity of materials and impeccable craftsmanship.

Everything from the instrument panel to the center display is focused on the driver and essential touch points, emphasizing control. That includes a prominent, 1080dp high-definition full-color 10-inch-diagonal touchscreen mounted high within the instrument panel for visibility.

FEATURE FOCUS: PLATINUM PACKAGE

The Premium Luxury and Sport models are available with a Platinum Package featuring an exclusive Sedona/Jet Black motif with Opus semi-aniline leather seating surfaces in Sedona Sauvage. These surfaces are distinguished with a custom, layered fading perforation pattern, fine contrasting seat piping and decorative chevron accents. Both front, heated, ventilated and lumbar massage seats feature additional bolstering and 18-way adjustability. The package complements the seats with upgraded leather-trimmed armrests and center console, unique carbon fiber decorative trim and a thicker-rimmed steering wheel with authentic magnesium paddle shifters and alloy pedals.

Intuitive Technology and Connectivity

CT5 delivers thoughtful technology integration by offering an intuitive in-vehicle experience with a heightened sense of control. This is provided in everything from vehicle controls that conform to the driver’s driving style to the latest, more personal Cadillac user experience2, which provides more intuitive ways to interface with the system, including phone pairing via Near Field Communication and a new rotary controller.

CT5 also features standard Adaptive Remote Start and an available hands-free power-release decklid to further customers’ convenience and comfort. Adaptive Remote Start automatically activates features such as the available adaptive heated/ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel and other climate systems, depending on the temperature. The hands-free decklid uses a motion sensor with Cadillac crest target projection that allows customers to activate the trunk release with their foot, supporting easy access.

FEATURE FOCUS: SUPER CRUISE1

Cadillac demonstrates its commitment to technology by bringing the Super Cruise driver assistance feature to the CT5. Cadillac’s Super Cruise driver assistance feature enables customers to drive hands-free on more than 130,000 miles of limited-access freeways in the U.S. and Canada, using LiDAR map data, high-precision GPS, a state-of-the-art driver attention system and a network of camera and radar sensors. The driver attention system helps keep drivers engaged by detecting and signaling when drivers need to pay more attention to the road.

Turbocharged Performance

CT5 is powered by a 2.0L Twin-Scroll Turbo engine and 10-speed automatic transmission with Electronic Precision Shift. This standard propulsion combination offers responsive off-the-line performance with excellent low-end torque. The twin-scroll turbocharger and a unique three-step sliding camshaft help the engine optimize performance across the rpm band for a greater feeling of on-demand power at all speeds.

Cadillac’s powerful 3.0L Twin Turbo V-6 is available on Premium Luxury and Sport models, rated at an estimated 335 hp (250 kw) and 400 lb-ft of torque (542 Nm)5. Low-inertia turbochargers and a manifold-integrated liquid-to-air intercooling system help the engine produce exceptional power with virtually no lag and sustain it across most of the rpm band. Like the 2.0L Turbo, it is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission with Electronic Precision Shift.

Both engines employ technologies such as direct injection, camshaft phasing, Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and automatic stop/start to balance performance, refinement and efficiency. Sound tuning via mechanical and electronic sources contributes to CT5’s optimized effect on the senses, with engine sounds tuned to augment the driving experience in a refined manner, while helping to minimize unwanted noise in the cabin.

Evolved Driving Dynamics

Building on the strengths of the superb RWD architecture that underpins Cadillac’s award-winning rear-wheel-drive sedans, the first-ever CT5 is designed to deliver an exhilarating driving experience while maintaining the brand’s signature blend of performance, comfort and refinement.

Evolutionary enhancements of the front and rear suspensions, including Cadillac’s signature double-pivot MacPherson-type front suspension, are designed to improve road isolation and driver feedback. At the rear, a five-link independent suspension contributes to the car’s excellent feeling of control.

Additional chassis and driving dynamics features:

• Standard Bosch premium electric, rack-mounted power steering system.
  • Capable, confident and precise eBoost brakes.
  • Brembo front brakes are standard on the Sport model.
  • Standard ZF MVS passive dampers.
  • All-wheel drive is available on all models.

Standard customer-selectable drive modes allow CT5 to adapt even better to driver preferences and changing road conditions. The modes — Tour, Sport, Snow/Ice and new My Mode — can alter the calibrations for transmission shifting, steering and brake feel, front/rear torque split (with the available AWD system) and vehicle sound character to customize the driving experience.

CT5 can handle a variety of road conditions no matter the climate, thanks to all-wheel drive available on every model along with a diverse range of tire choices, including 19-inch all-season run-flat tires and 18-inch Michelin self-seal tires. All tire options allow drivers to continue driving during most punctures that would sideline conventional tires, for immediate replacement/repair.

Coming Soon

The 2020 CT5 makes its public debut at the New York International Auto Show April 19-28 and will be available for ordering this fall. It will be manufactured at GM’s Lansing Grand River facility, which previously received a $211 million investment to build the next-generation Cadillac sedans. Pricing and additional information will be announced closer to the start of production. 

View full article

• Agree 1

Let me just say this. While I am still not a fan of the profile (especially the rear quarter of it), kudos to Cadillac on the improved interior. Love the two tone option and the overall design (outside of the floating tablet nonsense that I don’t like fro anyone these days). Maybe the exterior will show better in person. Here’s hoping for some sales success that defied the current CTS (which I am a general fan off overall). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The other articles I read state the CT5 is a 3-series and C-class competitor but it looks bigger than those cars.  I am curious what the dimensions are.  If it is priced like a C-class I think it should do fine.  The interior looks on par with a A4 or C-class, a lot of plastic/rubber in that center console area but the doors look nice.

Still not a fan of the shape or exterior styling.

5 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

The other articles I read state the CT5 is a 3-series and C-class competitor but it looks bigger than those cars.  I am curious what the dimensions are.  If it is priced like a C-class I think it should do fine.  The interior looks on par with a A4 or C-class, a lot of plastic/rubber in that center console area but the doors look nice.

It is exactly the same exterior length as the e-class... 193.8 inches and has a 1 inch longer wheelbase. 

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

2020 CT5

large.2020-Cadillac-CT5-PremiumLuxury-02

2019 E-Class

2019%2BMercedes-Benz%2BE400%2B4Matic%2BC

@smk4565 How is the MB any better than the CT5?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Mercedes interiors are on point. 

2019 E Class. 

2019-E-SEDAN-GALLERY.jpg

2019-E-SEDAN-GALLERY-007.jpg

2019-E-SEDAN-GALLERY-006.jpg

2019-E-SEDAN-GALLERY-011.jpg

MEH! I honestly do not see this as any better than what Cadillac is showing with the CT6 and CT5.

Plus we do not know what other options for interior the CT5 will have yet. What they are showing is spot on as an excellent luxury sedan.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, dfelt said:

2020 CT5

large.2020-Cadillac-CT5-PremiumLuxury-02

2019 E-Class

2019%2BMercedes-Benz%2BE400%2B4Matic%2BC

@smk4565 How is the MB any better than the CT5?

Look at the center of the steering wheel and you'll see, very clearly, why he probably thinks the MB is better lol. I absolutely hate the slab of screen there, combining the gauges with the infotainment section. That is just awful IMO.

43 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Mercedes interiors are on point. 

2019 E Class. 

2019-E-SEDAN-GALLERY.jpg

2019-E-SEDAN-GALLERY-007.jpg

2019-E-SEDAN-GALLERY-006.jpg

2019-E-SEDAN-GALLERY-011.jpg

Quite a bit of "shiny" plastic in the center console., if you ask me. Not to dismiss it as it does look decent overall (save for the slab tablet mentioned earlier) but it has more than enough plastic in it as well, which should dismiss complaints about Cadillac using it (not saying you are complaining btw).

58 minutes ago, dfelt said:

MEH! I honestly do not see this as any better than what Cadillac is showing with the CT6 and CT5.

Plus we do not know what other options for interior the CT5 will have yet. What they are showing is spot on as an excellent luxury sedan.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the Cadillac interior but I don't see it visually on par with Mercedes. 

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

So does that mean you also see the Cadillac's as "MEH!"? 

Visually I like Cadillac's interiors much more, personally.  Quality wise I don't know, hopefully new ones will be on par with Germans.

I like front and back of the car but not crazy about the profile.  Hopefully it will be very good.  In any case it will be tough sell in today's market of crossovers.

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Quite a bit of "shiny" plastic in the center console., if you ask me. Not to dismiss it as it does look decent overall (save for the slab tablet mentioned earlier) but it has more than enough plastic in it as well, which should dismiss complaints about Cadillac using it (not saying you are complaining btw).

Yeah the dual screen thing is "Okay" to me. I don't love it but I don't completely hate it either. 

I agree they all use plastics in certain places and I understand why. I'm just saying that if I walked up to both vehicles, sat down, and just looked at the interiors(no touching because I haven't sat in them to truly judge that) I think the Merc interior looks 'oh so very classy' to me.

From Automobile Mag.. and what I've been saying for a month..

We promise: The all-new 2020 Cadillac CT5 sport sedan is much better looking than it seemed in the teaser photo sent out a couple of weeks ago. Viewed from our vantage point inside a photo studio, the new midsize four-door looks long and low with good rear-drive proportions and an exceptionally short front overhang.   https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2020-cadillac-ct5-sport-sedan-official-info-price-specs-photos/

2020-cadillac-ct5-314-1555184856.jpg?cro2020-cadillac-ct5-305-1555184855.jpg?cro2020-cadillac-ct5-238-1555184820.jpg?cro2020-cadillac-ct5-220-1555184788.jpg?cro

2020-Cadillac-CT5-Sport-34.jpg?impolicy=2020-cadillac-ct5-144-1555184731.jpg?cro2020-cadillac-ct5-149-1555184736.jpg?cro

are we doing this with SMK again? I posted the specs earlier

e5f59ec8-cadillac-ct5-release-and-specs-f1097be5-cadillac-ct5-release-and-specs-42d74cec-cadillac-ct5-release-and-specs-

Edited by Cmicasa the Great
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, frogger said:

If I could mix interior/powertrain/exterior in the class to make my ideal midsize luxury sedan, I would probably pick an A6 for the interior, but the CT5 interior looks pretty good in pics.

I like this idea. 

I think my ideal luxury sport sedan would be:

Cadillac body

Merc interior

Merc V8(unless it's CTS-sized then CTS-V's 6.2)

BMW's AWD system from the M5. 

4 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

It is exactly the same exterior length as the e-class... 193.8 inches and has a 1 inch longer wheelbase. 

So it is not a C-class competitor, nor is it replacing both the ATS and CTS.

Which this is a good size for a car, it isn’t as nice as an E-class or A6, but if they it like a C-class they should be fine.  Or as fine as a sedan can be in a crossover market.

nothing really egregious about the interior.  Not particularly dazzling though, either.

C pillar still draws ire, wish they had done that better

So this does have the new 2.0.  The lesser powered 2.0.  I had hoped for the CT5 it would come in a higher state of tune.  I don't see the 2.0 moving out very well.  Pretty much means not a bargain Cadillac with verve.  You may still need the 3.0 to have fun.  Although, the curb weight is? Less than the AWD XT4?  So maybe its quicker than that?  The CT6 with the new 2.0 is a dog now.

Edited by regfootball

1 hour ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Meanwhile... over at Lexus China

2214b070-6067-11e9-b775-fc40ea14d191&thu

That looks hideous.  Although I don’t think a luxury minivan is a bad idea considering how many 3 row luxury SUVs there are and a minivan would offer more passenger space than any of them and space and roominess does add to luxury and comfort.  

37 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

So it is not a C-class competitor, nor is it replacing both the ATS and CTS.

Which this is a good size for a car, it isn’t as nice as an E-class or A6, but if they it like a C-class they should be fine.  Or as fine as a sedan can be in a crossover market.

Cadillac is on record saying that there is a CT4 coming. It's only going to be an ATS replacement in price. 

4 minutes ago, regfootball said:

nothing really egregious about the interior.  Not particularly dazzling though, either.

C pillar still draws ire, wish they had done that better

So this does have the new 2.0.  The lesser powered 2.0.  I had hoped for the CT5 it would come in a higher state of tune.  I don't see the 2.0 moving out very well.  Pretty much means not a bargain Cadillac with verve.  You may still need the 3.0 to have fun.  Although, the curb weight is? Less than the AWD XT4?  So maybe its quicker than that?  The CT6 with the new 2.0 is a dog now.

It gets 38mpg highway without being a hybrid and they give you 4 more powerful engine choices if 0-60 is your priority over fuel economy. 

sheesh.... you get choices and then complain about them. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Cadillac is on record saying that there is a CT4 coming. It's only going to be an ATS replacement in price. 

So will a CT4 cost less than an XT4?  SUV’s usually cost more than similar size sedans.  I have to imagine CT5 starts around $40k.

Just now, smk4565 said:

So will a CT4 cost less than an XT4?  SUV’s usually cost more than similar size sedans.  I have to imagine CT5 starts around $40k.

I'd assume CT4 will be in a similar price range as the ATS, the CT5 similar to the CTS...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

*Pricing has yet to be announced.

I know, but if a CT6 starts at $50k, it has to be less than that.  And GM has some crazy pricing on some product, but even they are not foolish enough to price the CT5 on par with an E-class.  And the CT6 is cheaper than an XT6.  CT5 could cost less than XT5.

25 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

It gets 38mpg highway without being a hybrid and they give you 4 more powerful engine choices if 0-60 is your priority over fuel economy. 

So... U see why I've gotten a bad rep around here now? Craziness people come up with to complain about.

I wouldn't buy the 2.0L. but I enjoy the fact that they at least offer the choice. I see why they downgraded in power too.  Even from a marketing standpoint it made very little sense to go and buy a 3.6L with 321HP/275ft-ib before when the 2.0L was 272HP/260ft-lb.. . NOW.. look at the distance. Perfect. And I see a VSport being in the 470-500 range with a VSeries in the 600s. AWD at that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

I know, but if a CT6 starts at $50k, it has to be less than that.  And GM has some crazy pricing on some product, but even they are not foolish enough to price the CT5 on par with an E-class.  And the CT6 is cheaper than an XT6.  CT5 could cost less than XT5.

CAdillac is doing what it wants now with pricing. Fine with me as they seem to be putting out an entry level vehicle with a lessor than German car price.. then trimming it upward to the point that it is on par with said German vehicle. Look right at the CT6. That car starts off with a base engine that not even available with the 7Series, then by the time the 740i is matched par for par.. its almost spot on in pricing. In fact BMW would have to have a 720i on sale in the US to have a similar vehicle. Bottom line.. unless U are just a person who want to spend more for silly reasons.. the CT6 is not only a better value, but most people who compare the CT6 to the 7Series will most likely say the CT6 was more expensive if they are not already in the know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

point me to the '38 mpg highway'.  What did i miss...... XT4 gets 24/30, no way the highway goes up to 38 from the XT4 with the same powertrain.  Malibu with CVT and 400 pounds less and smaller engine only can manage 36 mpg highway.  10 speed tranny not gonna net 38 mpg highway on RWD or AWD version.  Cadillac really should have introduced this motor in this car with at least the same specs as the older 2.0.

5 minutes ago, regfootball said:

point me to the '38 mpg highway'.  What did i miss...... XT4 gets 24/30, no way the highway goes up to 38 from the XT4 with the same powertrain.  Malibu with CVT and 400 pounds less and smaller engine only can manage 36 mpg highway.  10 speed tranny not gonna net 38 mpg highway on RWD or AWD version.  Cadillac really should have introduced this motor in this car with at least the same specs as the older 2.0.

Rated for 24/34. Got 23.5/38.5 

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/cadillac/ct6/2019/2019-cadillac-ct6-20-first-test-review/

The Malibu's engine doesn't shut down to 2 cylinders during highway cruise.... the CT6 does. 

• Agree 2

The epa ratings for highway for CT5 (AWD) are not going to be 38. And for AWD probably not even 34. And I do love mpg but Lux marque cars should be about performance too. Even the most base bmw 3 with crap HP ratings will do a sub 6 0-60. The XT4 and CT6 with the same engine were over 7 seconds, more like 7.5. That’s good for a Chevy. The 14-19 CTS cracked sub 6 seconds I believe. To go from 6 seconds to 7.5 for the ‘sport sedan’ in your stable is not good for showroom traffic or sales. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, regfootball said:

The epa ratings for highway for CT5 (AWD) are not going to be 38. And for AWD probably not even 34. And I do love mpg but Lux marque cars should be about performance too. Even the most base bmw 3 with crap HP ratings will do a sub 6 0-60. The XT4 and CT6 with the same engine were over 7 seconds, more like 7.5. That’s good for a Chevy. The 14-19 CTS cracked sub 6 seconds I believe. To go from 6 seconds to 7.5 for the ‘sport sedan’ in your stable is not good for showroom traffic or sales. 

The CT5 is larger than a 3 series. It is a 5 series competitor. 

6 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

The CT5 is larger than a 3 series. It is a 5 series competitor. 

It is 5-series size, but I was reading some rumors that it is 3-series price.  Which I think is actually a good strategy, the first CTS was 5-series size for 3-series money and that was the only CTS that was a strong seller.  The 5-series costs more than a CT6, so they can't price the CT5 like a 5-series.

43 minutes ago, regfootball said:

The new 330i, which I guess isn't the cheapest model but is a turbo 4 model does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds.  The 340i adds another 130 hp, so I have to believe that is doing it in near 4 seconds.  Which is crazy because that was M3 fast like 5-10 years ago.

39 minutes ago, regfootball said:

To go from 6 seconds to 7.5 for the ‘sport sedan’ in your stable is not good for showroom traffic or sales. 

You think a 335 HP, 10-spd, 3660 lbs car is going to do 0-60 in 7.5 sec???
Do you believe the BMW 330i sedan stifles showroom traffic/sales of the M3 sedan?

I don't think the 4-cylinder 0-60 time matters too much on a CT5 or 5-series, as long as the car feels like it has enough power in regular driving.  The people buying the 4-cylinder are not in any hurry to get anywhere.  There is a 6-cylinder if they do want power, I'd be more concerned with V6 acceleration because that is what the enthusiasts and bigger spenders will compare.  

Interior quality, technology and refinement and ride quality are going to matter.  Cadillac has to win those daily driver categories that it rarely wins vs the Germans.

Here's and A6 interior, gotta beat that:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

Here's and A6 interior, gotta beat that:

spacer.png

CT5 already beats this, this is the same blah interior you have accused others of having and now you hold it up as a yard stick of gotta beat this? 🙄

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, dfelt said:

CT5 already beats this, this is the same blah interior you have accused others of having and now you hold it up as a yard stick of gotta beat this? 🙄

The Audi is indeed nothing special and the CT5 already matches up quite well against it. Of course, you should consider the source of the pic posted lol. 

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

It is 5-series size, but I was reading some rumors that it is 3-series price.  Which I think is actually a good strategy, the first CTS was 5-series size for 3-series money and that was the only CTS that was a strong seller.  The 5-series costs more than a CT6, so they can't price the CT5 like a 5-series.

The new 330i, which I guess isn't the cheapest model but is a turbo 4 model does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds.  The 340i adds another 130 hp, so I have to believe that is doing it in near 4 seconds.  Which is crazy because that was M3 fast like 5-10 years ago.

Never said anything about price, only the size. It’s obvious that will cost less than the 5 series because all German cars are overpriced to begin with. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, smk4565 said:

First.. even on Caddy's site.. and every dealer I've talked to.. the CT6 2.0L is a ghost. Its like finding the Snow Leopard of the Himalayas.  I'm telling U I've never seen one ever.  I did a search and there are literally 7 in the whole country.. and 2 of them are priced higher than $55K. Cadillac's own sit shows this:

iIFDE3D.jpg

But even more to purpose.. WHAT DOES IT MATTER?  U know damn good and well that the CT6 is a 7Series competitor.. the CT5 is a 5Series competitor.. and the upcoming CT4 is a 3Series competitor. Its fact.. price be damned. U are only trying to use the argument to belittle a vehicle versus the Germans.. The Guilia is priced less than the 3Series are U telling me they don't compete? So does the Jag XE and Lexus IS. The Germans, as already mentioned are over priced.. and its nothing ostentatious about it. Its actually sad that someone would use being over-charged as a defending point.

"Hey look.. even though your car is full of the same tech, nicer looks, as nice interior, better performance... my car is better than your car because I let the BMW sales guy take me in the back room and *** me down for 30 minutes, no grease. Did I mention he was from Stuttgart? "

10 hours ago, regfootball said:

So your thought is to not have the engine at all because of 0-60 times.. which isn't the point of the engine at all? Look.. the 2.0L is in place as a replacement to the CT6-Hybrid. Where Drew is getting the fuel economy numbers is MT:

There is a fuel economy payoff, though; our friends at EQUA Real MPG achieved 23.5/38.5 mpg city/highway during their tests. That's a smidge lower in the city but significantly higher on the highway versus the EPA's official 24/34 mpg rating.

MT

If U are in it for 0-60 times.. there is literally 3/4 other engines now available that go under 5.5 seconds. 

The CT5 will be lighter. Thus have better performance with similar drivelines. 

That actually brings me to another thought tho. Since the CT5 is not getting the NA 3.6L.. wouldn't it make sense that the CT6 will also lose the NA 3.6L in favor of the much torquier 3.0LTT tune at 335HP/400ft-lb or torque? Personally.. I think this is a sweet time for the 3.0L to be tuned the way Caddy wants and the engine line-up to go:

2.0L TT -237-hp/258-lb-ft

3.0L TT-  335-hp to 404 hp /400-lb-ft

4.2LTT - 500-hp/553-lb-ft

4.2LTT - 550-hp/627-lb-ft

I said this basically the same way in

December  https://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/topic/91133-a-2018-cadillac-ct6-premium-luxury-wsuper-cruise-review/

The XT4,5,6 would also be pretty sweet with that initial 3.0LTT set-up 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

There are 5 powertrains for this already? What are all of them? 

16 hours ago, smk4565 said:

My Personal feelings are that it will be another tweener and probably not be cheaper than the XT4 as it'll be larger than ATS but smaller than CTS(kind of obvious). 

Maybe the CT4 will be small but I wouldn't think they'd want to leave that large of a gap in size but only one "number" apart(CT4 -> CT5).

4 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

First.. even on Caddy's site.. and every dealer I've talked to.. the CT6 2.0L is a ghost. Its like finding the Snow Leopard of the Himalayas.  I'm telling U I've never seen one ever.  I did a search and there are literally 7 in the whole country.. and 2 of them are priced higher than $55K. Cadillac's own sit shows this:

iIFDE3D.jpg

But even more to purpose.. WHAT DOES IT MATTER?  U know damn good and well that the CT6 is a 7Series competitor.. the CT5 is a 5Series competitor.. and the upcoming CT4 is a 3Series competitor. Its fact.. price be damned. U are only trying to use the argument to belittle a vehicle versus the Germans.. The Guilia is priced less than the 3Series are U telling me they don't compete? So does the Jag XE and Lexus IS. The Germans, as already mentioned are over priced.. and its nothing ostentatious about it. Its actually sad that someone would use being over-charged as a defending point.

"Hey look.. even though your car is full of the same tech, nicer looks, as nice interior, better performance... my car is better than your car because I let the BMW sales guy take me in the back room and *** me down for 30 minutes, no grease. Did I mention he was from Stuttgart? "

If the theory that the CT6 was better than a 7-series is correct, then why can BMW get $130,000 for an M5, more than what any Cadillac costs and $175,000+ for a 760.  Is Cadillac’s image that bad that they have to give that much in MSRP and profit mating to BMW?

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

There are 5 powertrains for this already? What are all of them? 

My Personal feelings are that it will be another tweener and probably not be cheaper than the XT4 as it'll be larger than ATS but smaller than CTS(kind of obvious). 

Maybe the CT4 will be small but I wouldn't think they'd want to leave that large of a gap in size but only one "number" apart(CT4 -> CT5).

XT4 is said to be almost spot in in actual size to the ATS. The wheelbase is most likely increased as they perform the same type of upsizing in key areas that they did for the CT5. The ENTRY price is where everyone IS FOCUSING, when actual evidence shows that those entry prices are few and far between, especially when ATPs are where they are. Remember that the CTS, despite starting at $46K had an ATP of over or around $60K not counting Vseries in those numbers either. 

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

That interior looks awesome. 

It is a very nice interior, but that does not negate the apparent fact that the CT5 has now equaled them in terms of looks and features. To be honest, the CTS was on par with the previous A6 too except in small areas that only interior fondlers sought out.. Like under the seat. 😂

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

If the theory that the CT6 was better than a 7-series is correct, then why can BMW get $130,000 for an M5, more than what any Cadillac costs and $175,000+ for a 760.  Is Cadillac’s image that bad that they have to give that much in MSRP and profit mating to BMW?

First.. What about "the Germans overcharge" do U not get? Second.. Cadillac is fully capable of charging obscene prices too. Are U not also aware that the Escalade goes for $45K over a Tahoe.. The XTS when for $20K over an Impala? 

My CTS-V costs $104K in 2016.  If they had of had AWD in it they could have charged $10K more I bet.. Just because then they would have had more to equal the M5. And I won't even get into the fact that last I checked the CTS-V outsold the M5 and E63amg. So drop cost, get more sales.. Only U see them as better because the Germans are able to fukk U with no lube and make U like it. Weird if U ask me... Hell even if U don't. 

5 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

First.. What about "the Germans overcharge" do U not get? Second.. Cadillac is fully capable of charging obscene prices too. Are U not also aware that the Escalade goes for $45K over a Tahoe.. The XTS when for $20K over an Impala? 

My CTS-V costs $104K in 2016.  If they had of had AWD in it they could have charged $10K more I bet.. Just because then they would have had more to equal the M5. And I won't even get into the fact that last I checked the CTS-V outsold the M5 and E63amg. So drop cost, get more sales.. Only U see them as better because the Germans are able to fukk U with no lube and make U like it. Weird if U ask me... Hell even if U don't. 

The Germans don’t overcharge, the top 3 selling luxury brands in the world are German, top 3 in China are German, top 3 in Europe are German and 3 of top 4 in USA are German.  If they were so outrageously over priced the sales would not be that high.

This guy is proof positive that ONLY in America do we get fukked on a regular basis by foreign companies and we like it. @smk4565.. dude.. everything called European IMPORT is normally more expensive. Americans are fixated on the idea that if its from Europe its better... even when its not. Been seeing this so often with Benzes that I called the Mercedes dealership to make sure that "not starting when U press the button" wasn't now STANDARD. German POS.

I talked to the owner as the tow truck was hooking up.. She said.. its the 6th time its happened since she got it in 2014

benzo.jpg

3 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

The Germans don’t overcharge, the top 3 selling luxury brands in the world are German, top 3 in China are German, top 3 in Europe are German and 3 of top 4 in USA are German.  If they were so outrageously over priced the sales would not be that high.

Good Propaganda pushers.. See? This is where that comes from.

gettyimages-119505258.jpg?quality=90&str

Edited by Cmicasa the Great