Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Lincoln Unveils the 2020 Corsair in New York: Comments

At the New York International Auto Show today, Lincoln unveiled the 2020 Lincoln Corsair.  The Corsair is a small crossover that takes over for the MKC in Lincoln's lineup and joins the new Lincoln Aviator, Lincoln Nautilus, and Lincoln Navigator

Lincoln says the Corsair has "Visually soothing design" and offers a sanctuary for drivers.  Effortless power comes standard.

large.All-New-2020-Lincoln-Corsair_Interior-01_72-DPI.jpgCustomers can use their phone as a key to enter the cabin, and should their phone go dead, they can use the standard exterior keypad and then the interior touch screen to enter and start driving.  If the customers phone is lost or stolen, the digital key can easily be deleted.  The key saves a profile of up to 80 driver preferences to be automatically adjusted when a specific driver enters the vehicle. 

Lincoln designers obsessed over interior quietness, providing things like a double wall dashboard to create extra space between the engine and driver.  This is further enhanced with standard Active Noise Cancellation.  Six unique symphonic chimes inform the driver of various status in and around the vehicle.  The chimes were recorded by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.  When you do want sound, there is a 14-speaker Revel sound system tuned specifically for the Corsair.

Power for the Corsair comes in the form of either a 250 horsepower 2.0 Ecoboost with 275 lb-ft of torque, or a 2.3 liter Ecoboost with 280 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque. Power is sent to the wheels via a new 8-speed automatic to either the front or all wheels.

Lincoln Co-Pilot360 is standard and comes with automatic emergency braking and Pedestrian Detection, Blind Spot Information System, a Lane-Keeping System, rear backup camera and auto high-beam lighting.  Co-Pilot360 Plus is an option that adds Adaptive cruise control, Evasive steer assist, Reverse brake assist, and Active Park Assist Plus. 

The 2020 Lincoln Corsair will be built in Lincoln's Louisville Assembly Plant in Louisville, Kentucky, and will be arriving in dealerships this fall.

View full article

• Like 1

Love the look of this externally especially as it has that Butch Station wagon vibe. Interior, just not a fan of the dash. This should sell well for them.

I think the interior looks fantastic other than the HVAC pod shape that looks like it came off a last gen Escape.  I am not a fan of the push button shifter but that is on all Lincolns.  Really pretty looking interior though and definitely among the best of the 20 or so small SUVs out there.  

Good power out of the engines too, I like that there are 2 engines and this should move well unless it is obese.

The nicest CUV in its class, easily.  Makes the Cadillac TX4, or whatever it's called, look like the cardboard box the Corsair was shipped in.  And take a look at those power figures... this is luxury car power.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

The "chimes" recorded by the Detroit  Symphony Orchestra were completely aimed at people like me who love that type of stuff but think no one else does.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Not sure what your attached images are, but they aren’t rendering. 

Here ya go Robert:

image.png

image.png

image.png

It is a nice Nautical theme color contrast but not sure I would want it for years of driving. Would rather have a nice Moca interior. Much warmer.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, dfelt said:

Here ya go Robert:

image.png

image.png

image.png

It is a nice Nautical theme color contrast but not sure I would want it for years of driving. Would rather have a nice Moca interior. Much warmer.

Interesting...I kind of like the blue, but don't care for the gray.  If it were all blue, that might be interesting.   I see they are doing the white trim like on the blue interior Navis... 

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Not sure what your attached images are, but they aren’t rendering. 

Motor Trend won't allow me to save images in a format that I can upload but scroll through the pictures and find the blue/teal leather interior. 

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-lincoln-corsair-first-look-mkc-replacement/

Edit: I should have just read through the whole thread first.. lol

Thanks @dfelt

12 hours ago, Paolino said:

The "chimes" recorded by the Detroit  Symphony Orchestra were completely aimed at people like me who love that type of stuff but think no one else does.

It's also a nice separation from Ford for those who don't really care about the cool-factor. 

Edited by ccap41
  • Agree 1

Nice power figures, but I just can not get with the looks.. as I am not able to get with the looks of its two CUV/SUV higher ups. 237 hp/258 lb⋅ft from the XT4 in a 3660lb vehicle vs the Corsair at 280/310 is a nice advantage in power, but only depending on the weight of the Lincoln, which will most likely be about 100-150 lbs heavier. OBJECTIVELY SPEAKING.. the Blazer, for instance, proved that even with more HP,  the Flex ST wasn't exactly much faster in any dynamic. 

Edited by Cmicasa the Great
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Motor Trend won't allow me to save images in a format that I can upload but scroll through the pictures and find the blue/teal leather interior. 

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-lincoln-corsair-first-look-mkc-replacement/

Edit: I should have just read through the whole thread first.. lol

Thanks @dfelt

It's also a nice separation from Ford for those who don't really care about the cool-factor. 

Your welcome,

I totally agree, I like the separation with the cool chimes. Cadillac should dump the GM traditional noise makers and have a luxury inspired sounds.

1 hour ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Nice pun.. and Not at all. I just couldn't go back and edit. I hate that part of the newer software. LOL

So you do not see at the bottom the option of edit on the post? 🤔

image.png

31 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

no. I'm using chrome is it a browser issue?

No, I use chrome, opera and firefox and they all have it. Maybe it is a permission thing since I have writer privilege for the site. @Drew Dowdell could answer that best I believe.

On 4/18/2019 at 12:10 PM, ccap41 said:

XC40 is a damn good looking vehicle. Volvo has been knocking everything out of the park looks-wise recently. 

Agree completely. 

On 4/19/2019 at 11:38 AM, dfelt said:

So you do not see at the bottom the option of edit on the post? 🤔

image.png

On 4/19/2019 at 9:05 PM, Cmicasa the Great said:

I used to be able to when I was a news provider. 

Edit for the first 10 minutes after posting.

If you're a premium subscriber $1.75 a month or $15 a year, that restriction gets removed and so do almost all of the ads.  Plus.. it helps the site out a little bit with the cost of running the place. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

If you're a premium subscriber $1.75 a month or $15 a year, that restriction gets removed and so do almost all of the ads.  Plus.. it helps the site out a little bit with the cost of running the place. 

Best $15 I have ever spent! :D 

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Gotcha... maybe its that. I'll subscribe