Great NG CTS Spy pics

Awesome!!! world class interior :ohyeah:

Are we sure that's the CTS? I don't see GM's corporate radio. But seriously, the design is awesome. I'd love to see some wood in there and also a darker color replacing that light gray on the dash. Right now it looks slightly cold. But still, I think it looks great.

Well, we know what it looks like with the wood trim from the 60 minutes interview and it looks pretty cool.

Anyway... the aluminum interior color scheme is really "in" right now especially in Europe which is where Cadillac wants this to do well. No question that this CTS will blow the competition away here in sales. The new G35 interior is really hot but Infiniti is probably worried a little about competing with this.

EDIT:  HOLY S&%@! THAT's nice.  I hate it that I won't be able to afford it.

Screw all of you who doubted Lutz!  You were so wrong.  He's GM's savior.

Actually Bob Lutz wanted to can the CTS after he came to GM. It's swift sales shut him up on that. :scratchchin:

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Damn...that is one amazing interior. Awesome and different design, looks to be good materials and ugly steering wheel but I'm not complaining.

Can someone post the photos of the last time we got a sneak peak at this interior so we can compare?

It wouldn't be out of place in an exotic supercar. Let's hope there are more creative color choices besides the typical grey, cashmere, and charcoal.

Different woods would be nice... how about a matte cherry or piano black?

Edited by empowah

That is the manual transmission, cool so it will definitely continue as a part of the vehicle line. Any ideas as to what engines they are running? The interior looks great!!! I wonder how the nav will work, or if they are just going to go with the Onstar service offering. Lack of a nav may leave the door open for critics though, unless they put a good marketing campaign together.

Edited by jrockb4

That is the manual transmission, cool so it will definitely continue as a part of the vehicle line.  Any ideas as to what engines they are running?  The interior looks great!!!  I wonder how the nav will work, or if they are just going to go with the Onstar service offering.  Lack of a nav may leave the door open for critics though, unless they put a good marketing campaign together.

can you say pop-up navigation? :scratchchin:

They're just prototype tail lights remember. I do notice the outline of where the actual light will fit and it appears that they will be larger and edge more into the side of the car then before.

The nav is Pop-up. Look at the long line of bottons right in front of it.

I like the fact that it isn't fully concealed when down so that when you don't need a nav screen, you still have a radio tuner and probably a digital clock. I'm sure the software for that isn't cheap.

Oh and something I noticed:

When you look at the prototype photo where I circled in red, notice how there is no outline for the Nav? I know that it's somewhat distorted, but you'd still be able to see the outline. Well, either they changed the interior around since the interview or the 60 minutes interior will belong to a base-model CTS. Which could mean that the wood trim will be available on all trim levels. Something to think about.

Posted Image

Edited by Cadillacfan

Not sure if I like the steering wheel.. but the rest is sweet. I love the exterior...

That and I'm not a fan of the gauges--where the numbers aren't horizontal--they are angled around the speedometer.

The rest of the interior... just perfect--absolute beauty... so beautifully designed.

Not sure if I like the steering wheel.. but the rest is sweet. I love the exterior...

That and I'm not a fan of the gauges--where the numbers aren't horizontal--they are angled around the speedometer.

The rest of the interior... just perfect--absolute beauty... so beautifully designed.

The steering wheel and instrument "hood" coincidently look like the $70K Jag XK's, which really isn't a bad thing.

http://www.jaguarusa.com/us/en/vehicles/XK...915_407x860.jpg

The steering wheel and instrument "hood" coincidently look like the $70K Jag XK's, which really isn't a bad thing.

http://www.jaguarusa.com/us/en/vehicles/XK...915_407x860.jpg

It's simply a matter of opinion.. I don't care for the steering wheel, no matter how expensive a car's wheel it resembles. As for the hood--it looks nice.. my beef is with the orientation of the gauge numbers.

The current gen offers nav, so why wouldn't this car?

Unless you guys are saying standard nav.  That would be kinda cool.  You think they can keep it at $30k?

The CTS will be moving up in price. The Epsilon2 BLS will fill the void left by the 2.8L CTS.

The CTS will be moving up in price. The Epsilon2 BLS will fill the void left by the 2.8L CTS.

Any chance the next gen BLS will be a "CTS jr." on the same platform? A RWD entry level car the size of a 3-Series would be nice...thereby allowing more room at the top end to better differentiate the STS from the CTS.

Edited by BigPontiac

This bit of news is interesting. It implies that the BLS would be the 3-series competitor, while the CTS will go against the 5-series and STS will go against the 7-series.

Or, for the sake of theoretical in-betweens, they'd go against the 2-series, 4-series, and 6-series (not referring to actual BMW models).

Also, use any benchmark you'd like to here. If you want, replace 3, 5, and 7 with IS, GS, and LS; or C-Class, E-Class, and S-Class; or G, M, and Q; etc.

Oooh, i just noticed that too. i don't like that either. And my only other gripe is the guage cluster colors look to be red and white. NOOOO! :hissyfit:

No lessons learned from watching the Jaguar X-Type I guess...

the problems with the X-type didn't lie with the AWD.

In the X-type you had a choice between a Contor 2.5 or a Taurus 3.0. The build quality wasn't all that great, and it was too small... even for a baby jag.

The x-type also *felt* like a FWD car.

the problems with the X-type didn't lie with the AWD.

In the X-type you had a choice between a Contor 2.5 or a Taurus 3.0. The build quality wasn't all that great, and it was too small... even for a baby jag.

The x-type also *felt* like a FWD car.

Don't forget it was a POS inside.

And in a "luxury car" it had ONE FREAKIN' CUPHOLDER!

Did i mention it was a POS?

The BIG issue with the Jaguar X-Type. Is that Jaguar was moving SIGNIFICANTLY DOWN-market with it from the ~45k+ S-type to a 29k X-Type.

That's a big difference.

Cadillac on the other hand, has occupied the 29/30k market with the most base CTS. I don't think Cadillac should move below 30k or abandon this market either.

Jaguar was moving down (BAAD) & Cadillac is moving up (GOOD!)

Edited by jbartley