L-E-S-B-I-A-N-S

All right, most people who have been on the forum here know I am NOT crazy about lesbians. I am fairly indifferent to gay men. However, lesbians carry such negative energy that I can't dismiss it and thus dislike them.

My first run-in with a lesbian was at a place of employment a few years after college in So. Cal. She was my immediate supervisor. I had NO clue she was a lesbian, but how quickly you learn. I just thought she was a woman who preferred short hair and had a thick, squatty frame. We would go to company sites and had to turn in expense reports upon returning from the trip. Even though there was a minimum below which you didn't have to itemize, I tend to be overly detail-oriented and I would itemize stuff like bridge tolls. The bitch called me into her office and said "I'll tell you once, I'll tell you twice, the third time you'll crawl." I would have never dreamed that someone in a professional setting would talk like that. She had a terrarium plant sitting there, which I dreamed of picking up, hurling at her face and ideally maiming her, but I restrained myself.

With this very same sn*tc*, we had to go to Phoenix. She told me to call a number in Las Vegas and ask for Linda, pretending it was a wrong number. I did so. A mannish woman answered and, when I asked for Linda, this woman became angry. I said "you know...Linda...uhm...Martinson." She calmed down and told me I had the wrong number. Evidently, my lesbian boss had a thing for this Linda. She wound up going to Vegas for the intervening weekend. On Monday, I was told to get my luggage, leave the hotel in Phoenix and come back to L.A. since my boss, the lesbian, was in the hospital. (Evidently, she had been beaten up). She was EVIL on two legs. She was fired shortly thereafter.

I have lived in both Seattle and Portland. These are lesbian meccas. Some of the lesbians up there are so unemotive, brittle and sullen. In fact, they seem so icy, I wonder how they even emote enough to show enough interest in another human being, regardless of gender. It's always the same up there: short hair, no make- up, clothes that are not flattering, Navajo type Indian jewelry and ...DRUM ROLL...the Subaru wagon.

In fact, after flying up to Portland on Wednesday night, I said..."I've gotta do a lesbian thread" because I wound up sitting next to one. In fact, she had the seat assignment next to me but chose to sit elsewhere initially, coming back when the plane was filling up! She was probably in her mid 20s. I POLITELY asked if I could get through to use the bathroom. She scowled. I felt like telling her she was a "worthless carpet munching c**t who would go nowhere in life" but I refrained. Yet, on the public transportation to the suburbs to pick up a rental car, a chick in her mid 20s, obviously heterosexual, chooses to sit down next to me and talk to me ALL THE WAY to where I got off, telling me her life story...and I had just been sitting there with my luggage piled up in the back of the light rail car.

Along the same lines, the only troublemaker in our firm, who is hated by everybody including the partners, from what I can see, is an angry but slender tomboyish lesbian.

Bottom line: They suck....not for their sexual preference, but for their general behavior and treatment of others, particularly males. Therefore, I am NOT prejudging because I am discriminating based on a hostile and unsavory personality...the same way I would of any other person (male or female) who has a crappy personality.

Also, if it's any consolation, the angry, unkempt and "rough around the edges" dyke doesn't go very far in life from what I can see. They work in print shops, warehouses and other jobs that won't allow them to make much of a difference in your life.

OK, so:

1) contribute your lesbian gripe stories as you see fit, thanks to my plane ride and the Rosie O'Donnell thread that was started a few days ago, and

2) please do not hijack the thread toward the "gay male" direction since, on this forum, that tends to ignite things...so you are being forewarned.

Edited by trinacriabob

Sounds about right; you're just not differentiating. All your stories are about dykes; lesbians on the other hand are the nice cool hot ones that do neat stuff with their hot friends. Lesbians are alright in my book; it's the dykes we can't stand. :lol:

lesbians on the other hand are the nice cool hot ones that do neat stuff with their hot friends.

220862[/snapback]

See, and how would I even know who was a feminine lesbian...I guess most of us would never know unless it was confided to us or reported with some credibility.

Sounds about right; you're just not differentiating. All your stories are about dykes; lesbians on the other hand are the nice cool hot ones that do neat stuff with their hot friends. Lesbians are alright in my book; it's the dykes we can't stand.  :lol:

220862[/snapback]

If that's the case, long live les-bi-ans! :lol:

In fairness, let me say that most women make me crazy. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike women, I guess maybe it's just that I don't understand them and can't relate to them. I have several women friends that I care about a great deal, but if I'm with them for more than a few hours, I just want to scream. To you straight guys who can put up with them, get married and raise kids, I tip my hat to you. I could never do it and I don't think my view on that is skewed because I'm gay.

Having said that, I have certainly met my share of obnoxious lesbians. There is a gay bar where I live that has a very high lesbian quotient. I avoid going there because I've had enough bad experiences with drunken women. Yet, I also know some incredibly nice lesbians. A few look like your stereotypcial dyke, but they are just sweethearts....but they still make me crazy after a while!!

No ! Not another gay thread !.........No ! NOt Lesbians !.........No ! Not Bull Dykes !.....NO! Not feminazi repressed lesbian bulldykes !........they scare the hell out of me............"Mommy, Mommy !.......help ! theres a repressed lesbian comming at me with her mouth rippin and tearing my repressive macho worldly ways apart". How dare me bust my ass all my life for peanuts and misery when there are so many women out there better than me that deserve more....... :unsure:

OK, I got my slice in, felt good for a minute, now Ill go back to my meager life and hang my head in shame for being born with balls and no brain...... <_<

All right, most people who have been on the forum here know I am NOT crazy about lesbians.  I am fairly indifferent to gay men.  However, lesbians carry such a negative energy that I can't be put off by it and dislike them.

My first run-in with a lesbian was at a place of employment a few years after college in So. Cal.  She was my immediate supervisor.  I had NO clue she was a lesbian, but how quickly you learn.  I just thought she was a woman who preferred short hair and had a thick, squatty frame.  We would go to company sites and had to turn in expense reports upon returning from the trip.  Even though there was a minimum below which you didn't have to itemize, I tend to be overly detail-oriented and I would itemize stuff like bridge tolls.  The bitch called me into her office and said "I'll tell you once, I'll tell you twice, the third time you'll crawl."  I would have never dreamed that someone in a professional setting would talk like that.  She had a terrarium plant sitting there, which I dreamed up picking up, hurling at her face and ideally maiming her, but I restrained myself. 

With this very same sn*tc*, we had to go to Phoenix.  She told me to call a number in Las Vegas and ask for Linda, pretending it was a wrong number.  I did so.  A mannish woman answered and when I asked for Linda, this woman was angry.  I said "you know...Linda...uhm...Martinson."  She calmed down and told me I had the wrong number.  Evidently, my lesbian boss had a thing for this Linda.  She wound up going to Vegas for the intervening weekend.  On Monday, I was told to get my luggage, leave the hotel in Phoenix and come back to L.A. since my boss, the lesbian, was in the hospital. (Evidently, she had been beaten up). She was EVIL on two legs.  She was fired shortly thereafter.

I lived in both Seattle and Portland.  These are lesbian meccas.  Some of the lesbians up there are so unemotive, brittle and sullen.  In fact, they seem so icy, I wonder how they even emote enough to show enough interest in another human being, regardless of gender.  It's always the same up there:  short hair, no make- up, unattractive clothes, Indian jewelry and ...DRUM ROLL...that Subaru.

In fact, after flying up to Portland on Wednesday night, I said..."I've gotta do a lesbian thread."  I wound up sitting next to one.  In fact, she had the seat assignment next to me but chose to sit elsewhere initially, coming back when the plane was filling up!  She was probably in her mid 20s.  I POLITELY asked if I could get through to use the bathroom.  She scowled.  I felt like telling her she was a "worthless carpet munching c**t who would go nowhere in life" but I refrained.  Yet, on the public transportation to the suburbs to pick up a rental car, a chick in her mid 20s, obviously heterosexual, chooses to sit down next to me and talk to me ALL THE WAY to where I got off, telling me her life story...and I was just sitting there with my luggage piled up in the back of the light rail car.

Along the same lines, the only troublemaker in our firm, who is hated by everybody including the partners, from what I can see, is an angry but slender tomboyish lesbian.

Bottom line:  They suck.  Not for their sexual preference, but for their general behavior and treatment of others, particularly males.  Therefore, I am NOT prejudiced because I am discriminating based on a hostile and unsavory personality...the same way I would of any other person (male or female) who has a crappy personality.

Also, if it's any consolation, the angry, unkempt and "rough around the edges" dyke doesn't go very far in life from what I can see.  They work in print shops, warehouses and other jobs that won't allow them to make much of a difference in your life.

OK, so:

1)  contribute your lesbian gripe stories as you see fit, thanks to my plane ride and the Rosie O'Donnell thread that was started a few days ago, and

2)  please do not hijack the thread toward the "gay male" direction since, on this forum, that tends to ignite things...so you are being forewarned.

220854[/snapback]

meh, thats nuthin. there is a woman at my work far worse. she screams and yells, kicks and throws things, breaks down crying, spreads lies about people and tries to get people in trouble. i caught her going through my personal things afew times including the inner pocket of my jacket. and, she hit me once. she has, well, one of the more unique combinations of character traits ive run across.

if it wasnt so damn funny, in a way, it'd be really sad. well, ok, its both. :lol:

meh, thats nuthin. there is a woman at my work far worse. she screams and yells, kicks and throws things, breaks down crying, spreads lies about people and tries to get people in trouble. i caught her going through my personal things afew times including the inner pocket of my jacket. and, she hit me once. she has, well, one of the more unique combinations of character traits ive run across.

if it wasnt so damn funny, in a way, it'd be really sad. well, ok, its both. :lol:

220888[/snapback]

Damn, I wonder where you work that she still can keep her job. I'd like to see her ass on the sidewalk.

I've never personally met a disagreeable lesbian. There are two lesbian couples in my "extended family" (through my godmother). They are some of the people I enjoy spending time with the most at holidays. I had a lesbian friend at one of my former jobs as well. One of my female roommates was bisexual - not sure if that fits. They were all interesting and outgoing, if a little too outspoken at times. That tends to amuse rather than annoy me though.

For some reason, I haven't met all that many gay men. I know one, again through my godmother. He fits in with my comments about the lesbians above. Very interesting and agreeable to be around. Other than that, I haven't really known any. I mean, I live in a building with a lot of gay men, but I haven't had the opportunity to say more than a few words in the elevator.

So - I guess it all just depends on personal experience.

All right, most people who have been on the forum here know I am NOT crazy about lesbians.  I am fairly indifferent to gay men.  However, lesbians carry such negative energy that I can't dismiss it and thus dislike them.

My first run-in with a lesbian was at a place of employment a few years after college in So. Cal.  She was my immediate supervisor.  I had NO clue she was a lesbian, but how quickly you learn.  I just thought she was a woman who preferred short hair and had a thick, squatty frame.  We would go to company sites and had to turn in expense reports upon returning from the trip.  Even though there was a minimum below which you didn't have to itemize, I tend to be overly detail-oriented and I would itemize stuff like bridge tolls.  The bitch called me into her office and said "I'll tell you once, I'll tell you twice, the third time you'll crawl."  I would have never dreamed that someone in a professional setting would talk like that.  She had a terrarium plant sitting there, which I dreamed of picking up, hurling at her face and ideally maiming her, but I restrained myself. 

With this very same sn*tc*, we had to go to Phoenix.  She told me to call a number in Las Vegas and ask for Linda, pretending it was a wrong number.  I did so.  A mannish woman answered and, when I asked for Linda, this woman became angry.  I said "you know...Linda...uhm...Martinson."  She calmed down and told me I had the wrong number.  Evidently, my lesbian boss had a thing for this Linda.  She wound up going to Vegas for the intervening weekend.  On Monday, I was told to get my luggage, leave the hotel in Phoenix and come back to L.A. since my boss, the lesbian, was in the hospital. (Evidently, she had been beaten up). She was EVIL on two legs.  She was fired shortly thereafter.

I have lived in both Seattle and Portland.  These are lesbian meccas.  Some of the lesbians up there are so unemotive, brittle and sullen.  In fact, they seem so icy, I wonder how they even emote enough to show enough interest in another human being, regardless of gender.  It's always the same up there:  short hair, no make- up, clothes that are not flattering, Navajo type Indian jewelry and ...DRUM ROLL...the Subaru wagon.

In fact, after flying up to Portland on Wednesday night, I said..."I've gotta do a lesbian thread" because I wound up sitting next to one.  In fact, she had the seat assignment next to me but chose to sit elsewhere initially, coming back when the plane was filling up!  She was probably in her mid 20s.  I POLITELY asked if I could get through to use the bathroom.  She scowled.  I felt like telling her she was a "worthless carpet munching c**t who would go nowhere in life" but I refrained.  Yet, on the public transportation to the suburbs to pick up a rental car, a chick in her mid 20s, obviously heterosexual, chooses to sit down next to me and talk to me ALL THE WAY to where I got off, telling me her life story...and I had just been sitting there with my luggage piled up in the back of the light rail car.

Bottom line:  They suck....not for their sexual preference, but for their general behavior and treatment of others, particularly males.  Therefore, I am NOT prejudging because I am discriminating based on a hostile and unsavory personality...the same way I would of any other person (male or female) who has a crappy personality.

Also, if it's any consolation, the angry, unkempt and "rough around the edges" dyke doesn't go very far in life from what I can see.  They work in print shops, warehouses and other jobs that won't allow them to make much of a difference in your life.

OK, so:

1)  contribute your lesbian gripe stories as you see fit, thanks to my plane ride and the Rosie O'Donnell thread that was started a few days ago, and

2)  please do not hijack the thread toward the "gay male" direction since, on this forum, that tends to ignite things...so you are being forewarned.

220854[/snapback]

Maybe your problem is that these women are picking up on the fact that you're a homophobic moron and want to either stay away from you or punish your narrow minded ass.

Can we please stick to cars here, boys? Whenever there's a tangental thread like this, it truly reveals the level of ignorance some of you are capable of.

Maybe your problem is that these women are picking up on the fact that you're a homophobic moron and want to either stay away from you or punish your narrow minded ass.

Can we please stick to cars here, boys? Whenever there's a tangental thread like this, it truly reveals the level of ignorance some of you are capable of.

220973[/snapback]

Hi, enzl. See, if you look at the top of the screen, you will see this thread is in "The Lounge." If you don't like it then stay out of it, but that is where the non-car posts go. It's a pretty simple concept.

Hi, enzl.  See, if you look at the top of the screen, you will see this thread is in "The Lounge."  If you don't like it then stay out of it, but that is where the non-car posts go.  It's a pretty simple concept.

220981[/snapback]

I'm aware its 'The Lounge' & that all topics are up for grabs. I still don't think that ridiculous, ignorant hate belongs on this site....at minimum it makes the rest of us look bad.

Thanks for the advice, though. I'll be sure to write anything I please anywhere I want and comment about anything I see fit to. If this a^%hole can write BS about people he neither knows nor understands, I'm sure you can bear with my rants...

If you don't like 'em, stay out of my posts, OK. It's a pretty simple concept.

Bob's post may border on stereotyping, but I don't think he's exibiting any hatred that isn't the direct result of how he's been treated. Maybe the "hate" is just improperly placed. I'd say it belongs more to feminists than it does lesbians. There are plenty of women out there who are out to show the world that men are scum and unnecessary for them to exist. I've dealt with many heterosexual women that act like that, probably moreso than lesbians. What I usualy do is keep treating them nicely (no matter how hard it is), and they'll either come around, or be made to look like a fool in public.

No ! Not another gay thread !.........No ! NOt Lesbians !.........No ! Not Bull Dykes !.....NO! Not feminazi repressed lesbian bulldykes !........they scare the hell out of me............"Mommy, Mommy !.......help ! theres a repressed lesbian comming at me with her mouth rippin and tearing my repressive macho worldly ways apart". How dare me bust my ass all my life for peanuts and misery when there are so many women out there better than me that deserve more....... :unsure:

OK, I got my slice in, felt good for a minute, now Ill go back to my meager life and hang my head in shame for being born with balls and no brain...... <_<

220884[/snapback]

Oh GOODIE.....I get to BEAT on Razor some more.........!!!!!!!!

(just kidding Razor....)

TB, I think maybe you've had some bad luck with the few Lez's you've been around. I think with any gender/race/nationality you have your assholes, your dickheads, your bitches, and you do have your all around nice people......

Personalities are all over the board in this world.

In my last job, I knew a (kinda high-ranking) lesbian that was your "typical" short hair, heavy-set, bull-dikish look.....but she carried it in a most professional manner....and she was one of the nicest and most fun people for me to be around. And I'm sure it's not just like because I was "gay".....she had lots of friends and subordinates that all liked her.

That being said....I can certainly understand your frustration with the few individuals you've had run-ins with.....

Bob's post may border on stereotyping, but I don't think he's exibiting any hatred that isn't the direct result of how he's been treated. Maybe the "hate" is just improperly placed. I'd say it belongs more to feminists than it does lesbians. There are plenty of women out there who are out to show the world that men are scum and unnecessary for them to exist. I've dealt with many heterosexual women that act like that, probably moreso than lesbians. What I usualy do is keep treating them nicely (no matter how hard it is), and they'll either come around, or be made to look like a fool in public.

221022[/snapback]

I would agree with you 100%.....it MAY be more a "femin-nazi" thing......listen to Tom Lykis sometime and he'll go off on that very same thing....and what he says makes alot of sense sometimes....

220973[/snapback]

thats true. its been scientifically proven that lesbians are psychic. and, of course we all know, that it is perfectly acceptable to treat others terribly if they have different views or do not like us. thats what tolerance is all about. its just the right thing to do. :)

Damn, I wonder where you work that she still can keep her job.  I'd like to see her ass on the sidewalk.

220899[/snapback]

i sometimes wonder where i work, too. its a totally different world that you simply cant relate to without experiencing it. one of my favorite things is telling my friends what sometimes happens at work. they look at me with a mix of disbelief and shock always with a funny face. much like the one i imagine you made when you read my post, heheh. :D i think managment refuses to act because of the net effect her antics have on the people around her and they can use it to their advantage.

theres also more than one lesbian there. but, the rest are just regular people that are easy to get along with.

Many of the lesbians I have met over the years have had AWFUL life experiences at the hand (literally, in some cases!) of men. I actually met a young woman (she was the same age as I was then - 20 ), who called herself a "separatist" and believed that men and women should be separated.

Lesbians will often relate differently to gay men because they don't see us as a threat; clearly, we don't want to sexually harass them in any way. And, honestly guys, the way I see many of you treating women (Gawd forbid if they are gorgeous) in bars and social settings is truly embarassing. I went to the Detroit Auto Show a couple years back with a lot of GM types and it was sickening the way these guys hit on all the hapless models there - they weren't even looking at the cars.

Although I believe you are entitled to your opinion, it is likely that some of your dislike of these women is being picked up by them. I can't say I've met many lesbians I like, but then they seem pretty harmless, if not badly dressed.

220973[/snapback]

Uh...please stop being so damn PC. I hate it. If Bob has had bad experiences with lesbians and wants to tell some stories no one should have any problem with it. If Bob doesn't like lesbians and wants to tell us no one should have any problem with it. He has every right in the world to share his experiences and opinions without people jumping on his back about them. If you're too immature to handle it do not come to theads like this. Your knee-jerk, utopia-yearning post was tiring at best.

On the subject of the thread, I believe lesbians get very insecure whenever there are men around. I think this goes beyond lesbians to anyone woman who wants to go out in the street and burn her bra. They feel no need for men in their lives and they treat men like trash. They get away with it, too. Men are no longer allowed to give it back to them because it's "sexual harassment" or basic "harassment."

I also feel no excitement watching two or more women kiss or otherwise go at it. Not a turn on, IMO.

Okay, so my first experience with lesbians was not exactly a positive one...

I wasn't out yet, I was 19, and I snuck out to an LGBTA meeting... whoah... for someone who was so nervous about this lifestyle, and SO disgusted with it (at the time), when I walked in and saw a large woman, short-haired mohawk, plad-wearing woman, singing with a guitar about how we need to free ourselves... well, I just turned around and walked right back out. It was too scary.

Honestly, since then, I've met a few lesbians, and some are nice, some are not--it's not the sexual preference that makes a person obnoxious or nice, it's the person themselves.

Well, there are quite a few decent looking, or at least "average" looking lesbians out there. I have met many. Trouble is, like most gay men, they can easily slip under the radar, so to speak.

As some lesbians reject the social norms and patriarchal ideals of female beauty, they wouldn't be attractive by many people, especially straight men - and that is exactly the point. They don't want to be hit on, they are sick of it, and use their "outer ugly" to ward off advances.

Let's face it: make up, streaked hair, high heels, panty hose, tight skirts - all of those things aren't the easiest to put on, wear or maintain. Our patriarchy dictates that women need to do this to look beautiful. That is completely artificial and superficial.

HOwever, anti-perspirant and daily showers should be the LAW. Also, trimming of the pit hairs; otherwise, that is just plain WRONG.

Ok, I read about this deal before, but if the woman in the picture is a lesbian, than I have proved that my argument about even mildly attractive lesbians not being a real concept wrong.

But I have a very weird feeling she used to be a dude... I don't know why but I do.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4700754.stm

Edited by Captainbooyah

I have an 18 year old second-cousin who came out at the age of 16. Upon revealing her sexual preference, she was forced out of her home by her very own parents . They gave her the options of either supressing her feelings or moving out altogether. I recently had a long conversation with her at a family wedding regarding her situation. It broke my heart.

TB, it's unfortunate that you've had negative experiences with lesbians. I have no tolerance for stereotyping regardless of how many "dykes" you've come into contact with. Unless you've been in their position it's impossible for you to understand or judge their attitude toward society. After hearing the hatred my cousin has endured I'm shocked that her outlook on life isn't worse.

If I were a hot, sexy, horny lesbian with a really hot, sexy, horny lesbian girlfriend, I would be totally offended by this thread. So offended, that I would have to spank my hot, sexy, horny lesbian girlfriend's naughty behind because she's sooooo naughty. :yes:

:AH-HA_wink:

Seriously though, let us not stereotype an entire group of people based on the experiences of meeting only a few out of millions.

I vote that this thread be closed... even though some lesbians are hott!!!

220973[/snapback]

:lol: Now this comment following the rant preceding it, is a perfect example of whats wrong with the human race............."Whenever there's a tangental thread like this, it truly reveals the level of ignorance some of you are capable of."

Im getting dizzy here,circles, circles like a merry-go-round

Enzl I can tell you've never encounter a delusional feminaz repressed lesbian off her meds, or in her cycle...or what ever her issues may be. They really do exist dude. I had one destroy my family, its wasnt us either, since Dad died I have, on occasion visited some of his people, neighbors and school faculty, and the topic of "Peg" always seems to pop up...and not by me. I was surprised but also found some peace in the fact that others had observed or been victims of her behavior.

She taught at an all girls college (Siena)

got pissed and quit after after it went co-ed

started fierce arguements at every Christmas and Thanksgiving diner......always about "worthless men". I called it "Verbal Harlem". I told my father after the last diner I could tolerate "Dad, Id rather take my chances walking through Harlem at midnight than do another Christmas"

She had horrendous "Bobed" hair

She was extremely intellegent...yet had no control

Yea, she married a man, my father...to get his inheritance...nearly cleaned out our local retired Doctor after Dad, he finally saw the light and dumped her but was a bit short in the wallet.

She was a feminaz repressed lesbian on a mission. My first encounter, now I can spot them easily, they do exist. Im sure there are perfectly nice la femme Lesbians but these feminazi are like cyborgs and you can not defeat them, they have super human powers of driven, evil, rotten, relentless, no regrets psychological terror.

I could easily KILL one (one in particular) and be found laughing like an idiot, guilt free over the bloody corpse...................

220973[/snapback]

Gee, thanks. I can see that you've posted a fraction of what others here have, so you evidently don't know me very well. Homophobic....I don't think so. Moron...I think that's the LAST word any friend or co-worker would use to describe me yet, through cyberspace, you feel very qualified to do just that.

I very explicitly said that my objection was NOT related to feminist/lesbian activity in bed or their affectional proclivities but rather how SOME treat other people, primarily men who may not be responsible for whatever some feminists/lesbians are angry about. I'm sorry, but my experiences with the IDENTIFIABLE angry feminist / probable lesbian persona have NOT been favorable. I don't project ANYTHING --- most people come up to me and tell me their life stories. Also, as an extremely naive 23 year old who hadn't a clue as to what a lesbian was at that time, the boss I had didn't have any vibes or projections to pick up on. Her callousness was so uniformly distributed and venomous that she was fired.

If I am male, outspoken, overly educated, and fairly self-confident... and someone is threatened by the "vibes" that gives off, it sounds like it's their problem. Most people on this site engage in intelligent back and forth debate if that's where a thread goes. Calling me a homophobic moron might indicate you are not capable of operating on that level, but thanks for your input.

Edited by trinacriabob

If Bob has had bad experiences with lesbians and wants to tell some stories no one should have any problem with it.  He has every right in the world to share his experiences and opinions without people jumping on his back about them. 

On the subject of the thread,    They feel no need for men in their lives and they treat men like trash.  They get away with it, too.  Men are no longer allowed to give it back to them because it's "sexual harassment" or basic "harassment."

221155[/snapback]

Thanks, sci. Along with a few others who read my intent with some accuracy, I appreciate your words. I was merely telling stories and life events that I have found to be somewhat mind-numbing and a little inexplicable.

And there's some truth about your comments where unilateral dishing out could occur yet men could never lash back because of the "sexual harassment" card. Well, guess what? The one gal at my workplace (reputed to be a lesbian and not at all agreeable) who is very combative with most people got verbally out of line with me at a training session in our conference room. Others heard the content of the exchange. I immediately marched to personnel and initiated a sexual harassment complaint against her. People who heard the exchange were interviewed and corroborated my story to a tee. (I had other negative one-way e-mails she sent to me that I had saved in a folder on my computer that I stapled onto the complaint). She has been disciplined for this and is "on-warning." I am only sorry she hasn't been fired.

Thanks, guys, for understanding that I am relaying some experiences much the way someone would on a radio call-in show or something like that. After all, The Lounge is a medium much like that.

Edited by trinacriabob

well, i do think there are lesbians and there are dykes. I won't go much further.

I do also think there is hatred towards men, gay or straight. I thought I had heard that gay men and dykes are like oil and water......as in they violently do not get along.

I do appreciate what the dyke/lesbian groups brings to the female athletics table. Look at all those great basketball coaches. And the WNBA...where would be without them?!?!?! And who else would have taught gym and sex ed? Clean your cooters when you pee, girls!!!!

true story, i forever will harbor hatred towards our high school volleyball coach, because she asked out my should have been prom date for a 'weekend away' before i pulled the trigger on asking the girl to go with me to the prom. I got turned down because she had already commited to a weekend getaway out of town (out of the country even) with her (friend slash) coach. And I was completely in love with this girl. We used to talk in our cars every day during study hall period and she knew all the rumors in school were that she was being dyke with the coach. She was hurt that everybody thought that but then she goes on a trip with the coach. And her parents were fine with it.....and I'm like, you're only 18 and being lured off for a letsbefriends weekend with a same sex coach who is ten years older than you?

Ok, I'm f-cking bitter. Cause I REALLY wanted to date (and yes, NAIL) said chick and I am still upset about it every time I think about it (and her in a hot tub saying to me "go get your suit and come on in and join me") and to think that some phyed teacher lesbian skank was gonna try to put the moves on what SHOULD have been my prom heaven....ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. After that it hurt our relationship. The coach was actually jealous of when I spent time with her. And I was so put off by the turn down that I kind of stopped being a really close friend. I missed that, but I felt really jipped out of what seemingly was turning into a nice relationship, although at a slow pace.

yes Bob there is a fair amount of dykes in our profession, and also even the ones that are straight are almost dyke lyke in thier behavior and their want to prove their gender as superior. Too many women with chips on their shoulder. just do your fricking work and let your work do your talking.

Dammit, and she said she would have went with me if I had asked her like 4 days sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FK ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by regfootball

yes Bob there is a fair amount of dykes in our profession, and also even the ones that are straight are almost dyke lyke in thier behavior and their want to prove their gender as superior.

just do your fricking work and let your work do your talking.

221469[/snapback]

Yes and no. I don't notice too many "dykes" in architecture. I do notice quite a few unattractive women. Seriously, thinking about the enrolled women in architecture at U. of Ill., I was hard pressed to find more than 3 or 4 pretty ones (that didn't drop out by the 3rd year) in an enrollment of over 600. That's bad. And even the ones that are hetero but frump, well, what normal guy would want to date them anyway? Argggh.

I do let my work speak for me. I'll run circles around any one of these man-hating women in our profession (at my experience level) easily. Not to brag, but I was told this business park with 6 buidings I did is one of the nicest to come out of the firm over the last 5 or so years (it's a tilt-up, actually). And the troublemaker I refer to, she is a wet-behind-the-ears intern with a UNLV sheepskin and is not at all talented.

Edited by trinacriabob

Yes and no.  I don't notice too many "dykes" in architecture.  I do notice quite a few unattractive women.  Seriously, thinking about the enrolled women in architecture at U. of Ill., I wa hard pressed to find more than 3 or 4 pretty ones (that didn't drop out by the 3rd year) in an enrollment of over 600.  That's bad.  And even the ones that are hetero but frump, well, what normal guy would want to date them anyway?  Argggh.

I do let my work speak for me.  I'll run circles around any one of these man-hating women in our profession (at my experience level) easily.  Not to brag, but I was told this business park with 6 buidings I did is one of the nicest to come out of the firm over the last 5 or so years (it's a tilt-up, actually).  And the troublemaker I refer to, she is a wet-behind-the-ears intern with a UNLV sheepskin and is not at all talented.

222036[/snapback]

oh by letting your work speak for you, i was referring to women on that one. Guys are usually all business and get the work done. It is some of the d ikes and unattractive heteros that aren't usually focused on the job.

Guys are usually all business and get the work done.  It is some of the d ikes and unattractive heteros that aren't usually focused on the job.

222122[/snapback]

I don't want to keep the thread going as a 2 person dialogue. However, you are so EFFIN' right. Whenever I am at work or at school, it's all about THE WORK and I prefer to work for men, given the choice, for this very reason. For most men, it's all business whereas women inject too many other variables in the equation (I've been "around the block" and I've seen it). They will unempower a male either by: (1) being the feminist bitch we've talked about earlier, or (2) mothering you. If you upset the balance in option (2), they will turn because that is the way the retain "power" and you've chosen to undo it. Never let it get there. When I get a woman subordinate or co-worker, I keep it ALL BUSINESS. I can handle women subordinates (and they've never complained about me yet), but I can't stand having a woman boss, though it's never happened since I've been in architecture, but it has happened in the business / corporate setting.