Sign in to follow this  
intrigued

What is your next car purchase? revisited...

Hey everyone. At kinda the mid point of teh auto show season I was wondering if anyone made any revisions to their plans for near future (or more distant for that matter) car purchases.

I had said I wanted to get the new CTS this coming fall. Well, scratch that. I love the new CTS. I think its great. But While I could easily afford a lightly optioned one with the base 3.6 at around 35k there is now way I can save up the money to buy a loaded 3.6 DI like I want without taking on payments which is a big no no for me as Ill be heading back to school full time next fall.

The Pontiac G8 was made for me it seams. Loaded it will likley come in at less than 35k. IT will have a v8 with considerably more hp and tourque than the DI 3.6. It will have the 6 speed auto. NAV, a great interior and is supposed to drive better than a BMW 5er according to the AU reviews. I love the looks and it fits my budget without compromising. I HATE buying cars without options I want just to afford it.

So anyone else change their minds since the autoshow season has started? I doubt I'll be the only one. We should revisit this one more time when the season is over...

Loaded V6 Malibu is a possibility.

Aura XR.

If I can wait that long, NG LaCrosse (all depending on what it turns out to be).

So anyone else change their minds since the autoshow season has started? I doubt I'll be the only one. We should revisit this one more time when the season is over...

I still just want a new Camaro.

But, I have to admit that the Astra and G8 are very tempting, and they both give me thoughts of getting one to drive 'till the Camaro comes out.

I was hell bent on a Camaro.

But... that G8 does look pretty damn nice, and more practical too. And if Holden sends their 'Ute' over... I'm going to have one hell of a decision to make...

I plan on getting a new Camaro when I graduate, and I dont think that will change. Until then, I am looking for a 98+ TA or Formula to satisfy my F Body bug.

GXP?

Nope. I want a Club Sport model. Stick shift, all performance options (suspension system, LSD), no power options, just a CD player, a car, million of miles of headroom, and a long highway.

But if they offered that with the 2.0L Turbo DI, I'd have that.

I envision my Solstice to be a true Ultimate Driving Machine.

It's going to have to be used. Here are my realistic choices:

5th-gen Nissan Maxima

3rd-gen Nissan Altima 3.5SE/SE-R

2004+ Pontiac Grand Prix GT/GTP

1st-gen Infiniti G35 (preferably AWD)

I don't know what I said back when this thread was new (I didn't review), but right now it looks like :

NEW : El Camino SS

USED : El Camino

I think it's time. :scratchchin:

To replace the Avalanche: Another Avalanche, but this one a Z-71.

To replace the Corvette: Another Corvette, of course.

To replace the DTS: We're thinkin Acadia or SRX Sport Pkg.

To replace the Avalanche: Another Avalanche, but this one a Z-71.

To replace the Corvette: Another Corvette, of course.

To replace the DTS: We're thinkin Acadia or SRX Sport Pkg.

Please wait 'til '08 on the 'Vette. Oh, and get an Acadia for sure. Avalanche sounds great though. Edited by NOS2006

I love the idea of the Astra, but would have to go with the 3-door, which would make a car seat more difficult, not to mention the loss of interior space from the Fusion, which I've already complained is a bit small for my needs. The Crewman would be great if it comes over, twould give me most the versatility I desire in a more efficient package than the Avalanche. Of cars available right now, I'd have to say that the 4-door Wrangler is inches ahead of the FJ Cruiser in my book.

After test driving the Acadia, I'm not sure anymore. I'll need to wait for the Buick version, or see a Chevy Lambda prior to deciding on something new.

After test driving the Acadia, I'm not sure anymore. I'll need to wait for the Buick version, or see a Chevy Lambda prior to deciding on something new.

Dsuupr, you didnt like the Acadia? OR you liked it so much that you want to see what else GM has coming out lambda wise?

I have to say I love the olf family pic with all the last generation Oldsmobile lined up. Reminds me that you were once known as Alero OSV here.

Retirement and the fact that my wife spends most of her money on her sons (who spend more than they make) force changes in my car buying.

My first change should be an 08 CTS (replacing the 03 CTS) in early 09, followed by an Acadia (replacing the 04 Trailblazer) about 2 years after that.

However, if I win the lottery, it'll be an 08 CTS this fall along with an Acadia, followed by a Vette roadster next spring.

I'm all over the map, and the list grows bigger with each new bit of info

NEW:

G8 (hopefully they eventually offer a manual on the V6, otherwise it'll be a V8)

Ute-based El Camino (if the rumors are true)

Camaro

next-gen Cobalt

Astra

HHR Panel

USED:

CTS w/ sport package

S10

SSR

Cobalt SS or SS/SC (without the wing)

Posted Image

A 1959 Buick sedan, kind of like this one except drivable and more

presentable, with rear door delete, decent brightwork & whitewalls.

Well, when the first thread started, I stated I was wanting to trade-in my '04 Malibu LT sedan for either an AURA or Lucerne, and in the middle of November I went with the AURA XE (XE was the wife's choice, I wanted the XR). That is being leased, so I know at some point in 2009 (Pull-Ahead programs baby!) I'll be in the market for its replacement. It's too far away to even start guessing, but not too far away for dreaming - so far I'd say the G8 is a contender, but also a Sierra SLE Z71 4wd Crew Cab too (I sat in one, equipped 98% how I want it, at the Philly Auto Show last week). Now next summer (August '08) our Envoy lease is up - so far the wife is interested in one of the Lambdas (Acadia is leading, Outlook isn't too far behind; however, I think the Enclave will be out of our price range and I'm not all that crazy for it as much as the other two) or quite possibly the all-new 2008 Saturn VUE (I'm liking the Redline). It has to be a family vehicle, and it has to offer 4WD/AWD as an option (my wife works 32 miles away from our home). So I don't think a car will be replacing the Envoy, nor my choice of the 2008 Sierra SLE Z71 4wd Crew Cab, but who knows!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook