Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
I hope GMRULES again

Anybody see any 2006 MAlibus yet?

46 posts in this topic

Has anybody seen or does anyobe have any new pics of the 2006 Malibu. I'd like to see more shots of the front end and the new wheels. My dealer has none and the web site has had the same ones up for a month now.

I've seen the new Malibu a couple times. I keep mistaking them for the new Impala. The refresh looks good.

I saw my first one today, it was black. I turned to look as I was crossing Chestnut Street in Philly and I noticed it. It kind of surprised me but I really don't know why.

The new face looks very good. I love it.

[post="20506"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

love*

Well, since my closest Chevy dealer has been bought out by a new owner and he doesn't care for it (even locks the doors at random times--I wish GM would jerk the franchise out from under him) our lot has only had 1 (Imagine that; No 2006 Impalas or HHRs, No Cobalt LT's, SS or SS Superchargeds, 1 2006 Silverado and the new Mailbu Maxx. The Maxx looked okay... It was a base model, I didn't care for the wheels or the indentions in the front bumper cover where the foglights go on the upper models. I did however like the placement of the GM emblem and the new chrome accented side molding. Overall it looked good for basic transportation, but not something I'd buy. Does look like an Impala from a distance though. I've also seen 1 sedan on the road, it was a white base model and stood out nicely.

I've seen quite a few. The only one that really looks bad to me is the LS (it looks worse than a Hyundai). The upper level models look a lot better than the older ones. But they're still not awesome.

Well, since my closest Chevy dealer has been bought out by a new owner and he doesn't care for it (even locks the doors at random times--I wish GM would jerk the franchise out from under him) our lot has only had 1 (Imagine that; No 2006 Impalas or HHRs, No Cobalt LT's, SS or SS Superchargeds, 1 2006 Silverado and the new Mailbu Maxx.

The Maxx looked okay... It was a base model, I didn't care for the wheels or the indentions in the front bumper cover where the foglights go on the upper models. I did however like the placement of the GM emblem and the new chrome accented side molding.

Overall it looked good for basic transportation, but not something I'd buy. Does look like an Impala from a distance though.

I've also seen 1 sedan on the road, it was a white base model and stood out nicely.

[post="20544"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That almost wants me to suggest he's anti-GM. You should contact GM about him. ASAP, too.

I've seen a few, it looks decent in dark red. I know GM has some goofy name like Cranberry on a Summer's Eve or Light Bronzemist Metallic, but its dark red, just call it dark red.

Yep, here's some more "real-world" ones:
'06 Sandstone Maxx LT:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The FINALLY body-colored side strips on the base models look much better, as do the new steering wheel and chrome pieces. Edited by caddycruiser

That almost wants me to suggest he's anti-GM. You should contact GM about him. ASAP, too.

[post="20615"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'd love to but I don't know how. (Or at least how to contact someone that actually cares and won't just give me lip service)

The dealership used to be such a good one always stocked, nicely kept with a lot of nice people that I knew. Now, only 3 people out of the whole dealership are retained employees from the buyout, the inventory is so low that I can often count it on both hands or at the very most 2 sets of hands and most of the lot is used cars.

They have NEVER (that I know of) received a Cobalt SS Supercharged, no regular SS as of yet and maybe 1 LT the entire time he's owned the dealership. Still no 2006 Impalas, the 1 2006 Malibu Maxx (Which was 1 of 2 Malibus on the lot--the other being an '05 sedan) no HHRs, no Uplanders, maybe an occasional Corvette, like 1 2006 Silverado, 1 Avalanche, no 2006 Trailblazers, 1 Equinox...

It's pathetic... The place has just wasted away.

He has these fire sale tent events for the used cars in front of the Ford dealership right next door (Which was part of the deal--owned by the same family) every weekend and when he does he locks the doors to the Chevrolet dealership and hangs a sign up to go see a dealer at the Ford lot (Which at first was in good shape but is now also starting to wither). One of my contacts said that when the new owner bought the place he only wanted the Ford dealership anyway and was pretty much forced to buy the Chevrolet dealership to get the Ford dealership. That same contact also said that a GM corporate person had drove up one day when the doors were locked and caused the owner A LOT of trouble and threatened to take the franchise away.

But seriously, GM needs to come and look at this place. And to beat all it's an upscale town and these are the only 2 dealerships in the area, the next closest dealer of any kind is probably close to 10 miles away.

P.S. Wow, even the LT's get those ugly indentions in the nose instead of foglights? And I really don't ike those wheels. But, if the ugly spattered front faces of the Accord and Camry will sell then so will this. WOW!, I had forgotten how pleasant the interior of the Malibu was when it isn't PR photographed in GM gray.

Still haven't seen it yet...

They have NEVER (that I know of) received a Cobalt SS Supercharged, no regular SS as of yet and maybe 1 LT the entire time he's owned the dealership. Still no 2006 Impalas, the 1 2006 Malibu Maxx (Which was 1 of 2 Malibus on the lot--the other being an '05 sedan) no HHRs, no Uplanders, maybe an occasional Corvette, like 1 2006 Silverado, 1 Avalanche, no 2006 Trailblazers, 1 Equinox...

It's pathetic... The place has just wasted away.

Well... if it makes you feel any better, my dealer only has a Malibu that is an 05 Maxx... but its been there for a while and its been the only one for a long while. Before it... there wasn't any for a while. High end SSs of any car have never been here. They had only one C6. One SSR a while back. Been a while since any Aveos or Avalanches have been there. Same with Tahoes and Suburbans. I can't remember the last time I saw any Buick other than a LaCrosse on the lot. Same with Cadillac. On the Pontiac side of things, there has never been a GXP model. The last GTO was an 04 almost two years ago. No 06s of any kind yet. Of course... some of this may be because of the Employee discount and the fact that it's a rural dealer so it doesn't get everything at first...

Anyways, the interior does look good. I'm impressed. The exterior... well... they tried and that is what matters. Or not.. It's still ugly, but now more bland. The only trim that looks good is the LTZ. The LS is piss-poor, LT is bland, and the SS looks cheap.

And a direct comparison, model to model, of an '05 vs. and '06:

Posted Image
Posted Image Edited by caddycruiser

Just a new grille and fascia, eh?

[post="20732"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Don't forget the skullcaps. The new one has body colored mirrors.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0