GM Announces Seven World Intros for New York

GM Announces Seven World Intros for New York

General Motors will roll into the New York International Auto Show press days April 4 and 5 with one of its strongest lineups of production and concept cars in recent history.

In addition to the closely guarded world concept that will debut at 9:40 a.m. on April 4 at the GM stand, six production models will make their world premieres; the Saab E100 concept will be revealed for the first time in North America, and another 11 future production models and futuristic concepts will pack the stand with news.

So I wonder what will be there....

1) Buick Lacrosse Super

2) Buick Lucerne Super

3) Revised Cadillac STS

4) Revised Chevrolet Cobalt

5) Pontiac Vibe

6) Hummer H4 concept

I honestly have no clue, but there are some random guesses.

I'd probably check off the Cobalt and the Vibe for now. They might be unveiled next december at the LA autoshow since they are trying to market them to the import capital of the country.

If I were to guess or even hope... we'll probably see the HHR sport(no longer using SS moniker), the Aveo hatchback...er...5 door redesign, the Buick LaCrosse and Lucerne super editions like you had said, the Cadillac STS update, the Hummer H4 concept, and that Saab concept.

Edited by Cadillacfan

So I wonder what will be there....

1) Buick Lacrosse Super

2) Buick Lucerne Super

3) Revised Cadillac STS

4) Revised Chevrolet Cobalt

5) Pontiac Vibe

6) Hummer H4 concept

I honestly have no clue, but there are some random guesses.

Vibe is not gonna be there, H4 im not sure about.

But either way.. SEVEN? oh baby

I'm guessing you can ferret out some of these vehicles by browsing the www.autoshowny.com website. Some interesting vehicles to note (although, I'm not sure how many of these you could title 'debuts'):

Saturn PreVue

Camaro Convertable

2008 Malibu

2008 Cadillac CTS

2008 Saturn Astra

None, they've all been seen.

1. Vette Z07

2. HHR Sport

3. Buick enclave

4. Buick LaCrosse Super

5. Buick Lucerne Super

6. Cadillac STS

7. Saab 9-3

are my guesses for production cars...

2 and 4-7 seem possible, but the Enclave has already debuted and the Blue Devil almost certainly will debut at NAIAS. Plus, it's over a year away still.

I'm guessing the concept is the H4, and I suppose the production model could be the "production" G8 as opposed to the "concept" at Chicago. Or, maybe a hybrid of some sort (Malibu, T900 trucks).

1. production Chevy Nomad (kappa platform) that we have been begging for years now. Thanks Bob!

2. El Camino

3. Buick Supers

4. Chevelle

5. Colorado replacement ( have to replace them if the Chinese copy them - it is a law, man!)

6. Saab Aero

7. Hummer H4 convertible to go after the Wrangler...

Hey, we can all dream, right?

Now I will sit back and watch me get shot down!

I'd probably check off the Cobalt and the Vibe for now. They might be unveiled next december at the LA autoshow since they are trying to market them to the import capital of the country.

If I were to guess or even hope... we'll probably see the HHR sport(no longer using SS moniker), the Aveo hatchback...er...5 door redesign, the Buick LaCrosse and Lucerne super editions like you had said, the Cadillac STS update, the Hummer H4 concept, and that Saab concept.

You have have the right idea with the achanges you state.

The only question what is the world convcept?

Could it be the Concept of the car Lutz plans to drop the V12 in? Could it be a Hydrogen Prototype update?

what could GM be doing that would be of interest world wide? HMMMM!

Chevy Lambda?

I'd expect the concept to be the H4, but showing a concept Chevy Lambda would be smart. They all but announced it was due for '08 (CY), there's no suspense in that, so they might as well get some reaction to styling in time to make serious changes if necessary.

oh, we forgot that the release for the Lacross super is supposedly before the NYIAS....if the other thread of the "laX 1/2 revealed" is correct

if that takes the LaX out of those "debuts"

Edited by loki

CTS coupe? (or was that at NAIAS 08)

Production H3T?

buick zeta?

these are a given:

9-3

STS update

the "Super's"

i'm betting the Escalade Hybrid and AURA redline show up too!

QUESTION: when might we see MCE colorado's and canyon's?

Edited by jbartley

Six Cylinder Diesel Corvette?!1

:P

Hey..that sounds like an idea the deranged guy from the UK would have come up with...I don't recall his handle (Andy?), but he was on here a couple of years ago with outrageous ideas like a 4-cyl Corvette...

H4 as a concept!!!??? I want to see that baby in production form and ready for sale this fall!

www.notgonnahappen.com

I keep hoping for the H3T.

Which would we see first? CTS coupe? or the CTS-V

My money is on the CTS coupe, with a production version in Jan.

H3T production date is too far off to debut now.

You'll see the CTSv first I would think. Probably NAIAS '08 or NYC next year? You wont see the coupe for 2 years.