Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DetroitNut90

Spied: 2008 Honda Accord Coupe

76 posts in this topic

A camera-wielding driver over on the Howard Forums website (a cell phone forum) has caught what appears to be the 2008 Honda Accord, which looks encouragingly like the concept that debuted at the North American International Auto Show this past January.

Note that the Accord Coupe retains the strong upswept character line along its flanks, and the high-set taillamps. And while the prototype remains thick with cladding, it clearly sports a different exhaust treatment, as well as smaller ten-spoke wheels.

Winding Road

-------------------

Not bad at all, IMO.

altima front fenders

TL style crease in doors

G6 greenhouse

maxima tailights

Ion trunk lid

basically a dud. next!

If you look at the other pictures posted, the Accord Coupe has a very nice stance to it, quite aggressive. If that is the stock ride height, I like it!

And don't forget it is still covered in white tape.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey that looks pretty damn good.

I have a feeling this is going to blow the Malibu away.

It looks ok, gonna have to see it without tape and in a different color than white to say I like it. I still think the 01-02 coupes are the best looking so far.

The back of it looks like a Saturn Ion, especially the tail-lights! :smilewide:

It's the white tape, which is covering most of the head and tail lights.

The front door looks too small...

It's the camera playing tricks. Because it is so close, it makes the focal point (being the right rear fender) look much larger than the rest of the car, which is fading into the background of image.

Here's a quick comparison of the rear 3/4 view. The concept photograph is taken with a real camera from a distance, giving a more clear idea of the proportions. Nothing significant was changed from the concept to the production version in the spy shot, so the proportions are exactly the same.

You can see they went away from the Altezza style tail lights and moved the 3rd brake light to the window from the trunk lid (I kind of like it on the trunk more).

And of course the white tape disguises the actual shape/size of the tail lights quite well.

Posted Image

Edited by siegen

It's the white tape, which is covering most of the head and tail lights.

Word.

You can see the (slightly calmer) shape of the concept in the one shown.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The new Accord will be a damn hot car, too bad it won't get the sales it deserves.

The third brake light should have been kept on top of the trunk. That area looks somewhat bland now. Overall, though, this has major potential.

The back overhang is too long in the production version because of the bumper.. the stance looks screwy.

Traditionally, Honda has failed to impress me with any aspect of their cars other than fuel economy.

The new Accord coupe changes nothing.

Bring me a Mailibu so that I may forget about this car.

Traditionally, Honda has failed to impress me with any aspect of their cars other than fuel economy.

The new Accord coupe changes nothing.

Bring me a Mailibu so that I may forget about this car.

I guarantee you we'll have to wait for Epsilon II before we see a better GM mid-size than the Accord.

Looking good so far!

I guarantee you we'll have to wait for Epsilon II before we see a better GM mid-size than the Accord.

Exactly what do you mean by "better"?

I kind of liked the concept's tail lights better...oh well here's always aftermarket. It's gonna be one hell of a car.

Exactly what do you mean by "better"?

Better interior quality, fit'n'finish and design. Better performing, handling, drivability. Just all around better, pretty much. The current Accord is already the best in its class, Honda doesn't have to do that much to it anyway.

The third brake light should have been kept on top of the trunk. That area looks somewhat bland now.

It will probably look more normal once the badges are in place.

Like siegen said, there is some camera distortion going on there. It happens when you are that close to your subject shooting with a really wide angle lens like that guy was.

I'm getting rather sick of deep-inset trunklids like this.

Civic coupe with an air pump. Thank goodness they got rid of the Civic greenhouse though.

Looks great... ritzy and dynamic at the same time.. very close to the "concept."

Edited by empowah