Spied: 2008 Honda Accord Coupe

DetroitNut90

A camera-wielding driver over on the Howard Forums website (a cell phone forum) has caught what appears to be the 2008 Honda Accord, which looks encouragingly like the concept that debuted at the North American International Auto Show this past January.

Note that the Accord Coupe retains the strong upswept character line along its flanks, and the high-set taillamps. And while the prototype remains thick with cladding, it clearly sports a different exhaust treatment, as well as smaller ten-spoke wheels.

Winding Road

-------------------

Not bad at all, IMO.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The front door looks too small...

It's the camera playing tricks. Because it is so close, it makes the focal point (being the right rear fender) look much larger than the rest of the car, which is fading into the background of image.

Here's a quick comparison of the rear 3/4 view. The concept photograph is taken with a real camera from a distance, giving a more clear idea of the proportions. Nothing significant was changed from the concept to the production version in the spy shot, so the proportions are exactly the same.

You can see they went away from the Altezza style tail lights and moved the 3rd brake light to the window from the trunk lid (I kind of like it on the trunk more).

And of course the white tape disguises the actual shape/size of the tail lights quite well.

Posted Image

Edited by siegen

Traditionally, Honda has failed to impress me with any aspect of their cars other than fuel economy.

The new Accord coupe changes nothing.

Bring me a Mailibu so that I may forget about this car.

I guarantee you we'll have to wait for Epsilon II before we see a better GM mid-size than the Accord.

Exactly what do you mean by "better"?

Better interior quality, fit'n'finish and design. Better performing, handling, drivability. Just all around better, pretty much. The current Accord is already the best in its class, Honda doesn't have to do that much to it anyway.