Sandles

551 Zeta Delayed

131 posts in this topic

The 551 Zeta (next Impala) has just been given a 12 month delay. New launch date is June 2010.

12 months is a long time... but if this si true it will be worth the wait I'm sure.

I'm not saying that this is necessarily false (I cannot confirm/rebut it) but considering a 12 month delay would not be June 2010, it makes me take this with a grain of salt.

I was just given the news not the reason. We are working on finding that out. May know tommorrow. It was just confirmed today and it was a surprise to everyone.

Do you have a source? Obviously I'm not asking you to go into much detail. Something like "they work for a supplier" would be sufficient.

I'm not saying that this is necessarily false (I cannot confirm/rebut it) but considering a 12 month delay would not be June 2010, it makes me take this with a grain of salt.

If launch/production was due to begin June 2009 how is June 2010 not correct. Regardless of when you think it was suppose to come it has been delayed until June 2010!

If launch/production was due to begin June 2009 how is June 2010 not correct. Regardless of when you think it was suppose to come it has been delayed until June 2010!

Because it was not due to begin in June 2009.

Do you have a source? Obviously I'm not asking you to go into much detail. Something like "they work for a supplier" would be sufficient.

GM

Because it was not due to begin in June 2009.

If you are refering to the fall 09 on lot date, then fine, you will now be able to get one in fall 2010.

No, I was talking the SORP date, which was Sept 09.

Either way it is delayed!

Thanks for posting your information, Sandles.

Hmmm..so 3 more model years of the current Impala, eh? (they will probably keep it around for a year or two after the RWD model debuts as the 'Impala Classic' for Avis).

Edited by moltar

GM, tripping all over themselves, taking forever to make a simple sandwich.

this is getting so laughable it's not even funny. if they are using the $$$ to rush the volt to production, ok, but this just reeks of typical really bad management.

Edited by regfootball

Thanks for the tip. It could be a number of factors as to why its being delayed. Perhaps Oshawa won't be ready on time, or they want to continue the current cars a bit longer.

...they will probably keep it around for a year or two after the RWD model debuts as the 'Impala Classic' for Avis.

Doubtful, as the W body will be put to rest when the Flex-plant is up and running at Oshawa.

Doubtful, as the W body will be put to rest when the Flex-plant is up and running at Oshawa.

The W body is scheduled to run until 2011 for fleet. the production # are to decrease each year bit by bit. They may not be dropping as much as was expected however with this decision.

Possibly some adjustments are being made to the program.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../705030373/1148

Maybe.

What I don't get is why we never heard anything about GM developing a modular RWD/AWD platform like Audi's new platform (I know the Audi is FWD/AWD, but it has longitudinally mounted engines like RWD cars). The Audi platform will underpin everythin from the A4 to the A8, and the idea might be attratcive from a cost of development and component sharing perspective...

Is there any word on any MCE in the Impala line between now and the new SOP?

The two mode could really enhance the sales of the Impy until then. Some more dramatic sheet metal wouldn't hurt either.

Is there any word on any MCE in the Impala line between now and the new SOP?

The two mode could really enhance the sales of the Impy until then. Some more dramatic sheet metal wouldn't hurt either.

not going to happen

Keep in mind people that the new Malibu is coming and it's growing in size. I would expect the new Malibu to take over the Impala's sales Altima style. Impala could be trimmed back to Impala Classic and sold to Avis for a year or two before the Zeta comes.

With the new, larger than before Malibu on the lot, why would you want a W-body with lesser hardware?

Jesus Christ. The W-body needs to die already.

It's been obsolete since the last gen. Commodore

and should have been thrown in the dust bin while

WE should be making just as much RWD product

as Australia but instead we have more & more &

MORE craptastic FWD-ers.

Zeta can NOT come fast enough.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor