Ravenfreak13

Pentastar's BACK!

61 posts in this topic

The old Chrysler logo is BACK!

From Autoblog:

In order to celebrate its new found freedom after being divorced from DaimlerChrysler AG, the newly minted Chrysler Corp. will ditch its current winged logo and return to the famous Pentastar logo. The Detroit Free Press is reporting that a senior executive has already emailed some Chrysler employees about the switch back to the old logo after learning about it in a meeting Monday night with veeps and senior management. In addition, the Pentastar will get a redesign to update its look.

Apparently this email from a senior exec included a few interesting tidbits, including that Cerberus CEO Stephen Feinberg regrets naming his company after the mythological three-headed dog that guards the gates of Hell. We also learn that Feinberg owns Ford and Chevy pickups, which he plans to quickly trade in for a Dodge Ram. He might want to keep them around for benchmarking purposes, though.

I like the Pentastar as a corporate logo, but prefer the winged ribbon & crest for Chrysler's divisional logo, same as the Ram for Dodge and the distinctive "Jeep" lettering for Jeep.

I dont think they will stop using each brands logos...just the star as the corporate logo.

i dunno. sounds like the chrysler brand will be going back to the pentastar

I like the Pentastar as a corporate logo, but prefer the winged ribbon & crest for Chrysler's divisional logo, same as the Ram for Dodge and the distinctive "Jeep" lettering for Jeep.

Agreed, the Pentastar should be the equivelant of the GM logo...

stamp it on the valvecovers & put it on the fuse panel cover and

what not but keep the winged logo for Chrysler cars. That logo

has NOTING to do with Mercedes benz BTW, it is a highly RETRO

logo, it was resurected around the time of the Plymouth demise.

Posted Image

yep

The Pentastar emblem -- to me -- symbolizes an era of absolute blandness in the Chrysler lineup. I say this mainly because it was the only emblem put on cars in the family (aside from Jeep's) throughout the 80s and early 90s, a time period I'd rather not be reminded of when thinking of Chrysler.

(Fixed for clarity)

Edited by aaaantoine

I agree... to my generation pentestar = K-cars.

The Pentstar needs to be the corporate logo. Divisional logos should be untouched.

I also like that they're actually celebrating their freedom from DaimlerBenz. Maybe when the sale is complete, they'll give DB the finger and resurrect Plymouth.

Edited by AxelTheRed

The Pentastar emblem -- to me -- symbolizes an era of absolute blandness in the Chrysler lineup. I say this mainly because it was the only emblem put on cars in the family (aside from Jeep's) throughout the 80s and early 90s, a time period I'd rather not be reminded of when thinking of Chrysler.

(Fixed for clarity)

For an old fart like me, chrylser was more competative then than now.

I wonder if it'll somehow be updated.

The pentastar brings back memories of riding to work with my uncle when I was 15 in his 1983 Aries coupe ...rattling dash, clunky motor, drooping headliner, and it had to be coasted down the hill a couple times because the engine died. I'm sure thousands of Americans have had similar experiences.

I hope it is used as a corporate logo only, because the current Chrysler logo is very attractive, IMO.

The Pentastar reminds me of the K-Cars too.

However, if there was ever a time Chrysler needed a "K" or "LH" ... it's now.

Edited by Captainbooyah

The Pentastar reminds me of the 1960's heyday, when the star was introduced. I do agree it should be the logo for Chrysler LLC, not brand.

Edited by Chicagoland

The pentastar brings back memories of riding to work with my uncle when I was 15 in his 1983 Aries coupe ...rattling dash, clunky motor, drooping headliner, and it had to be coasted down the hill a couple times because the engine died. I'm sure thousands of Americans have had similar experiences.

I hope it is used as a corporate logo only, because the current Chrysler logo is very attractive, IMO.

Hmmm....

... how about 5 large men, 17/18 years old (one is an adult), driver's ed, in the middle of the summer, packed, Dodge Aries, a/c, trying to get onto the Northern State Parkway (it has about 20 feet entrance ramps to get up to speed). The thing didn't move. Made a lot of noise though. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Paolino

Brings back memories if riding in my grandma's old 80-something chrysler Lebaron ragtop...(I never saw the top down on that thing now that I think about it). I just remember always getting a kick out of the interior with the digital dash and the guy that would talk to you and tell you the door was ajar... :lol:

(Fixed for clarity)

Maybe boring to you, but alot of these cars were kicking some V8 ass with their turbo 4's, all while getting great gas mileage too:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hmmm....

... how about 5 large men, 17/18 years old (one is an adult), driver's ed, in the middle of the summer, packed, Dodge Aries, a/c, trying to get onto the Northern State Parkway (it has about 20 feet entrance ramps to get up to speed). The thing didn't move. Made a lot of noise though. :AH-HA_wink:

Hey, at least on the Northern State you didn't have to worry about merging into traffic with commercial trucks. That would scare the crap out of a student driver.

Maybe boring to you, but alot of these cars were kicking some V8 ass with their turbo 4's, all while getting great gas mileage too:

*shows five different cars from three different brands with one consistent logo*

Which brings up the other reason I don't like the Pentastar. All of the cars were lumped under a single identity because Chrysler Co. didn't feel the need to give each brand its own image. In the pictures you posted, I can barely tell which car is a Chrysler, which car is a Dodge, and which car is a Plymouth.

If they want to bring it back, fine. But at most, the logo should be stamped on the fenders of the corporate vehicles. I'm not really a fan of that idea, either, but some companies *cough* :gm_logo: like to do it, I guess.