Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

HAVE HAD IT UP TO MY @$$

63 posts in this topic

sh-t

EVERY stinking car article today is about some dickwad who finds some study about how ethanol has 5 times the carbon footprint of oil, or how America's love for cupholders shows how we will pay the price for ignoring the environment.

A merc sable (huge car) tests out 20 mpg and gets ripped on. why, because it a volvo c30 gets ONE more mpg?

or how GM is killing all large cars so they can sell us all small cars, which no one wants.

every internet story today about cars and the automtive industry seems to degenerate into some SIDE BULLSH1T about the environment and global warming.

how in the Flock do we get from ripping people about cupholders and saying that's the reason for the demise of our environment?

Lutz was right. ITS ALL A CROCK OF SHT. i suppose some dillhole is going to write an article about how the power used by our windshield wipers causes the downfall of society. MY GOD PEOPLE GET A GRIP.

can we talk about the CARS please?????????????????????????

Edited by regfootball

The final human tragedy is death by our blind stupidity.

And that is the same stupidity you speak of.

Edited by YellowJacket894

sh-t

EVERY stinking car article today is about some dickwad who finds some study about how ethanol has 5 times the carbon footprint of oil, or how America's love for cupholders shows how we will pay the price for ignoring the environment.

A merc sable (huge car) tests out 20 mpg and gets ripped on. why, because it a volvo c30 gets ONE more mpg?

or how GM is killing all large cars so they can sell us all small cars, which no one wants.

every internet story today about cars and the automtive industry seems to degenerate into some SIDE BULLSH1T about the environment and global warming.

how in the Flock do we get from ripping people about cupholders and saying that's the reason for the demise of our environment?

Lutz was right. ITS ALL A CROCK OF SHT. i suppose some dillhole is going to write an article about how the power used by our windshield wipers causes the downfall of society. MY GOD PEOPLE GET A GRIP.

... cause the long-term survival of the automobile relies entirely on minimizing its environmental footprint and solving our energy concerns. I like cars, and I want to keep driving them, so that's why I want reduced emissions, improved safety, and so on. If GM can, say figure out a way to keep cars from bumping into one another or to keep freeway congestion at a minimum, the personal automobile can continue to be an appealing and viable form of transport.

And speaking of wipers, according to Lutz, GM is "working on low-voltage draw windshield wipers" for the Volt...

Edited by empowah

Exactly. By ignoring warning signs, arrogantly dismissing them, and doing nothing.

NOT EVERY SINGLE EFFING ARTICLE ABOUT CARS NEEDS TO TALK ABOUT FUEL ECONOMY, EMISSIONS, OR GLOBAL WARMING

THE AUTOMOBILE MAKERS ARE NOT ALONE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROBLEM NOR SHOULD IT BE UP TO THEM SOLELY TO FIND THE SOLUTION FOR EITHER FIXING THE ENVIRONMENT OR ALTERNATE MEANS OF PROPULSION YET THIS BULLST CREEPS INTO EVERY ARTICLE OR DISCUSSION ON CARS INCLUDING ON TOPICS ABOUT CUPHOLDERS

NOT EVERY SINGLE EFFING ARTICLE ABOUT CARS NEEDS TO TALK ABOUT FUEL ECONOMY, EMISSIONS, OR GLOBAL WARMING

THE AUTOMOBILE MAKERS ARE NOT ALONE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROBLEM NOR SHOULD IT BE UP TO THEM SOLELY TO FIND THE SOLUTION FOR EITHER FIXING THE ENVIRONMENT OR ALTERNATE MEANS OF PROPULSION YET THIS BULLST CREEPS INTO EVERY ARTICLE OR DISCUSSION ON CARS INCLUDING ON TOPICS ABOUT CUPHOLDERS

Sadly, I've noticed that too...it is starting to get annoying...

example. vipers cutlass, which alone accounts for 99% of the pollution on his street, is an otherwise classic car.

we don't need to inject the global warming and fuel economy bs in every article about cars on the internet

Sadly, I've noticed that too...it is starting to get annoying...

THANK YOU. yeah, it's getting overbearing. we don't need that subtopic in nearly every story even remotely related to cars!

Edited by regfootball

THANK YOU. yeah, it's getting overbearing. we don't need that subtopic in nearly every story even remotely related to cars!

The Camaro can't get here soon enough....this way I can drown out the greenies.... :yes:

I don't mind a little Eco-good-stuff....but, :rolleyes:

Of course those eco mags do have another use.... :AH-HA_wink:

I really liked your wording on that.

Is it that time of the month already Reg? :P

Actually, I think it's just leftover from last month.

Anyhoo, I know what you feel like Reg... yes, I'm aware there's a problem. Yes, I'm aware people are doing things to solve it. I am too in my own ways. But my God, give it a rest... just maybe a month or two, no global warming affecting every final aspect of our lives.

Sadly, no matter how many articles are written, if someone just doesn't get it, they're not going to get it. Let them buy cars that get 12mpg... after all, there are people still making them. If you give someone a recycling bucket for their home, I'm going to guess 9 out of 10 homes won't recycle every single thing they could in that bucket.

If you give someone a recycling bucket for their home, I'm going to guess 9 out of 10 homes won't recycle every single thing they could in that bucket.

Sadly, I'd guess that you are correct.

But, that's not how it is here. We recycle every possible thing we can. THAT sometimes, gets annoying. But, what I've been annoyed more at is the fact that, at work, we DO NOT have a recycling program. I've found that almost reprehensible and have spoken about my displeasure about it numerous times. We have a new building manager, so I'm in hopes that we can get something going ... the sooner the better. I hate seeing paper just tossed into the trash and NOT recycled. LUCKILY, we DO recycle aluminum cans....so, that is good.

reg ... I know what you mean. I've often found it a bit humorous that vehicle manufacturers seem to be "under the gun" for helping the earth ... more so than any other company....seemingly, anyway.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Beginning to think that I'm wasting time" ... Dobie Gray ... 'Drift Away'

Well the sooner we destroy the Earth, the sooner it can begin its million year journey to rejuvenating itself. The Few humans that do survive its "destruction" can very very slowly repopulate it.

Now that better future for our children than a nice new green earth? sure a few... billion... people might have to die now... but billions later will thank us... for destroying the planet...

~*~The preceding was a paid advertisement for Scorched Earth~*~

Well the sooner we destroy the Earth, the sooner it can begin its million year journey to rejuvenating itself. The Few humans that do survive its "destruction" can very very slowly repopulate it.

Now that better future for our children than a nice new green earth? sure a few... billion... people might have to die now... but billions later will thank us... for destroying the planet...

~*~The preceding was a paid advertisement for Scorched Earth~*~

Pave the earth!

Pave The Earth

Anyway, as long as things remain ok the next 40 years, I'll be happy...I don't really care what happens after that..

It has taken Mother Nature 100 million years to brew the oil that we are burning up in a mere 100. In the Laws of Very Big Numbers, we are at a fork in history where a little more effort now may save us from a lot of effort in 20 years.

Or we can just say screw our kids, and all buy Tahoes.

It has taken Mother Nature 100 million years to brew the oil that we are burning up in a mere 100. In the Laws of Very Big Numbers, we are at a fork in history where a little more effort now may save us from a lot of effort in 20 years.

Or we can just say screw our kids, and all buy Tahoes.

Since I don't have kids, I Really Don't Care what happens, as long as the next 40 years are ok..

Since I don't have kids, I Really Don't Care what happens, as long as the next 40 years are ok..

And if the Earth does become an uninhabitable wasteland devoid of human life, it'll be thanks to people like you with that mindset.

And if the Earth does become an uninhabitable wasteland devoid of human life, it'll be thanks to people like you with that mindset.

Not really..I do my part to recycle, not be too wasteful. I don't drive a Hummer..

Well, he has a point. Once you're dead.. You're dead. Most people generally care about the time they spend alive, not the time after. :P

sh-t

PM'd

Well, buckle up - I doubt this tired old planet will sustain the 10 billion souls that will be on this planet in 40 years, so we'd better start buying real estate on Mars now.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0