Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcseanerson

Toyota gone from bland to vomit inducing

96 posts in this topic

Toyo does 1920's retro... :unsure:

I must say however I do kinda like the seamless look of the greenhouse...other than that, this thing needs to be burned....repeatedly.

It could be a Scion for the future. Just think how cool cars will look in 2020.

I do wish Jeremy Clarkson would get his hands on it and destroy it.

:lol: @ this comment:

This is Japan's way at getting back at us for Hiroshima?

I don't even know where to begin with this block of compressed $h! ... :nono:

Dub Tee Eff?... :blink:

what the f@#k? is this like a joke? reminds me of the Jim Gaffigan joke about bottled water:

A bunch of CEOs are sitting in a meeting in france.. "How dumb do i think the Americans are? i bet we could make them pay for water!"

now replace them with Japanese ceos trying to get us to buy this $h!heap..

Toyo does 1920's retro... :unsure:

I must say however I do kinda like the seamless look of the greenhouse...other than that, this thing needs to be burned....repeatedly.

yeah... when you try to out do cool, you get crap like this.

but what if it had a V8 manual rwd... then what would we be saying? not a 100% serious question.

I don't even know where to begin with this block of compressed $h! ... :nono:

That's what I thought about the ill-fated Pontiac Aztec. But the difference was the Aztec was a production car.

Couple of quotes from the article:

"Its official: the word "coupe" no longer means anything in the automotive lexicon. Mercedes started chipping away at the definition with the CLS-Class

"Yes, coupe sounds sexier than "hatchback," a term that evokes visions of Volkswagen Golfs and Geo Metros, whereas coupe implies sporty and sexy"

Had Kirrill Ougarov (a Motor Trend poster, so enough said there) have decided to even bother thinking about (or even researching if he wasn't sure) what a coupé actually is, he'd realise that the term doesn't necessarily imply the two-door sloping rear profiled bodyshell we've become used to seeing. The word coupé is French, meaning essentially "to cut" and stems from a type of carriage which was merely cut to remove one set of seats. No sloping roofline in sight. The chopped look of this concept Scion - evoking cues from 1930's coupés such as the Ford Model A - is closer to the traditional variety of coupé than a modern hatchback. The problem is that because of the evolution of the coupé in motoring, we now firmly equate the term with that 2-door sveltely sloped profile. To this end, the Mercedes CLS defines the genre, but pushes the envelope by adding two extra doors.

Edited by aatbloke

Whatever :rolleyes:

"Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle." - Robert Anthony

I liked it better when Toyota didn't try to design their cars.

Same goes for GM. What a difference between the over-designed, over-cladded and frankly, quite hideous lines of the Grand Am and Grand Prix from a decade ago to the clean forms of the G6 and G8 which exist today - although granted the latter is Australian.

Edited by aatbloke

"Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle." - Robert Anthony

I like to piss in it. :D

I like to piss in it. :D

Fantastic. It's disturbing to think about this kind of mentality becoming the adults of the future.

That's what I thought about the ill-fated Pontiac Aztec. But the difference was the Aztec was a production car.

Yeah, but it's sort of like the return of platform shoes and wide legs: we know better now. The Aztec may have been ugly, but at least it was original. Honda and Toyota are just copying (read: Element) the Aztec formula of square, ugly lines. We KNOW the Aztec is ugly. The question is, do the Japanese?

And some people just like to baffle with bull$h!.

Yeah, but it's sort of like the return of platform shoes and wide legs: we know better now. The Aztec may have been ugly, but at least it was original. Honda and Toyota are just copying (read: Element) the Aztec formula of square, ugly lines. We KNOW the Aztec is ugly. The question is, do the Japanese?

Honda and Toyota are copying who exactly? These are two companies who are enormously successful the world over and have offered a variety of original products in market segments - the Honda HR-V and NSX, and Toyota MR2 and Yaris Versa are some which spring to mind. Their products are often not the most exciting to look at, but they are successful because they produce cars the rest of the world wants and places trust in.

This contrasts starkly with GM in North America, which has undergone a dramatic change (for the better) in North America over the past few years. Gone are the hideously overdesigned, ugly-clad machines such as the Grand Am, Bonneville and the likes. In their place has been introduced simpler, clean cut lines with obvious European design cues (G6 and Cobalt) as well as those of the Japanese (Ion) or simply import federalised versions of foreign designs in their entirety (Astra, G8). How many of the North American GM products actually sell in significant qualities outside of their home market as is the case with Honda and Japanese products? Virtually none. Only Chrysler have managed to successfully graft classic bold American styling thematics onto a modern car (PT Cruiser, Caliber, Avenger, 300C) and whatsmore, have the balls to offer them worldwide.

The Aztec was no more original than the Element or Multipla; each are boxes based on a "form follows function" approach which was originally idealised by the Germans, no less.

Edited by aatbloke

And some people just like to baffle with bull$h!.

Such is the way of thinking of any narrow-minded brandwhore. Thankfully, like most mature, adult car enthusiasts, I have manufacturer preferences but take an appreciation of all cars which come out of the motor industry.

Just to let you know wise(-a$$) man, the comment "Whatever" was made for the "Coupe" which Toyota calls that POS, NOT you.

So much for being matured, adult enthusiast. :rolleyes:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0