Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Polish_Kris

Buick Lucerne real world pictures

134 posts in this topic

I was on my way to school in Oshawa and I decided to drive by the GM plant, this is what I found

What all of you been waiting for, real life Lucerine Pics

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Enjoy

Polish_Kris: Thank you for taking and sharing these. IMHO, the dark gray one (license AXHA 336) looks really good.

Thanks PK. The Lucerne really has a striking side profile, and your pics prove once and for all that the grille is chrome in the center, not black.

Wow... it looks absolutely horrible to me. Especially the side profile. Ugh... :blink:

I found this pic to be interesting, though:
Posted Image

Whoo Hoo! Thanks PK. FINALLY! A picture of a benchseat Lucerne with cloth interior. Looks good. If this is entry level at $27k, then LeSabre owners will be VERY pleased. It doesn't look cheap at all. And yep, that's a chrome grille alright. Yes! The Lucerne looks great. BV, I actually like the side profile shot. PK, what was your opinion after seeing it in person?

PK, what was your opinion after seeing it in person?

[post="33414"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

A giant Cobalt......

Thank you very much Kris for finding this... Though does anyone else from that first shot get the Intrepid vibe from this car? That hunched forward with a high rear end look?

The CX looks horrible, IMO... its just a formless blob of car. Only the CXS with its 18" wheels and maybe the CXL look decent. This is one of those rare instances where GM photography looks better than "real-world" photography. The tan/black interior looks promising, though.

The Images are broken for me, I get the ever popular "red X" :(

[post="33445"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ted's bandwidth is overloaded, I uploaded them on his site, give it some time, too many people are watching

Wow... it looks absolutely horrible to me. Especially the side profile. Ugh... :blink:

I found this pic to be interesting, though:
Posted Image

[post="33412"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

looks like a bug :rolleyes: - the solstice

if the images dont work for you go here to my hosting:

http://www.everactivecomputers.com/lucerne/

all images are property of their respective owners. Edited by zoomtm

Better be! :P lol

all images are property of their respective owners.

[post="33455"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The CX looks really hum-drum, and needs bigger wheels. The CXL looks okay, but I really only like the look of the CXS.

Wow, it really hit me when I saw the cloth seats with the column mounted shifter. They can't let it go... it's amazing me to though, because the gerital argument just doesn't hold water for me. The Avalon is an old person's dream, and I've never seen one without a floor mounted shifter. I guess Buick feels the need to give the elderly a choice, but Toyota doesn't seem to feel the need to. I hate the looks of the silver one, yet the charcoal gray looks really good to me. Go figure. :huh: Edited by titan

I'm not surprised by this after seeing the Lucerne in person at NY in April. It truly looks horrible.

I wouldn’t go to the extent of calling it horrible…because it’s defiantly not. It may not be your taste...but that doesn’t mean its horrible...then again your just one in many.

Dude certain cars look better/worse in different colors. We all know that. Obviously beige and bronze aren't the lucerne's colors. We know it looks great in red.

I'm not surprised by this after seeing the Lucerne in person at NY in April.  It truly looks horrible.

[post="33633"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's a little harsh. Remember, beauty's in the eye of the beholder, and looks are subjective.

looks like a bug :rolleyes: - the solstice

:D ...Aw, don't you like that I dissed the Lucerne, then posted a pic of a Solstice I found since I had to copy and paste the links before PK changed them to photos and accidently started looking at more than just the Lucerne? And don't you like that awesome run-on sentence? :lol: :P

Actually, it does look like a bug in that pic. It's not very flattering.

Anyways, more on the Lucerne. The side profile is just as bad as the Monte Carlo's. An oversized rear overhang with a greenhouse that is far too forward. Ugh, ugh, ugh, and ugh. Disgusting. The lower front fascia is horrible. "Can't I get the same thing on a Cobalt?" Yeah... Overall, it's like someone just took a bunch styling cues and threw them onto a blob and created the Lucerne. Blobity blobby blob... Ugh. Disgusting. The chrome grill and interior look nice, though.

the solstice is okay...but im pretty sure the Sky will sell better.

That's a little harsh.  Remember, beauty's in the eye of the beholder, and looks are subjective.

I think it's a clean, conservative design, but change the grille, remove the badges and ventiports, and you would never know it was a Buick....the styling doesn't say Buick at all...I see some Lexus in the headlights, new VW Passat in the roofline and tail, etc...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0