Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

(singing) Hot Fun in the Summertime...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a 160-mile ride this morning out to the western part of the state and saw all sorts of stuff.....

-1932 Ford five-window coupe (hot rodded)

-1975 Oldsmobile Delta 88 four-door sedan

-1967 Buick Riviera

-1973 Buick Riviera

-1974 Pontiac Grand Am

-1961 Chevrolet Impala hardtop coupe

-1965 Chevrolet Impala hardtop coupe

-1970 Chevrolet Impala hardtop coupe

-1965 Chevrolet Chevy II Nova

-1965 Ford F-100

-1970 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

-1968 Pontiac Firebird

-about a dozen old B and L-model Macks in one guy's yard

-1960's Brockway dump truck still working hard

Took a 160-mile ride this morning out to the western part of the state and saw all sorts of stuff.....

-1932 Ford five-window coupe (hot rodded)

-1975 Oldsmobile Delta 88 four-door sedan

-1967 Buick Riviera

-1973 Buick Riviera

-1974 Pontiac Grand Am

-1961 Chevrolet Impala hardtop coupe

-1965 Chevrolet Impala hardtop coupe

-1970 Chevrolet Impala hardtop coupe

-1965 Chevrolet Chevy II Nova

-1965 Ford F-100

-1970 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

-1968 Pontiac Firebird

-about a dozen old B and L-model Macks in one guy's yard

-1960's Brockway dump truck still working hard

Man, that is quite a few cars at one time....

Got new tires on the 6, and while they were being put on, walked over to the local Bentley/Rolls Royce/Mazerati/Lamborghini dealer and snapped a few crappy cell phone pics. They just happened to have a Veryon sitting outside a service bay:

img172.jpg

img174.jpg

img171.jpg

img173.jpg

img175.jpg

Man, the Quattroporte is still a looker after all these years...

-RBB

Edited by RBB

Got new tires on the 6, and while they were being put on, walked over to the local Bentley/Rolls Royce/Mazerati/Lamborghini dealer and snapped a few crappy cell phone pics. They just happened to have a Veryon sitting outside a service bay:

img172.jpg

img174.jpg

img171.jpg

img173.jpg

img175.jpg

Man, the Quattroporte is still a looker after all these years...

-RBB

Very cool pics....

Saw a ~70's? mercedes diesel van.... kinda looked like the ones you seen tons of people piling on in other countries, but silver and not really that bad of shape. sorry, didn't have my camera.

Saw a sight today that will be probably more common with the gas prices as they are--- a couple streets over someone has a late model Dodge Ram crew cab 4x4 lifted on monster tires w/ chrome wheels for sale in their driveway marked $21k. It's going to be pretty hard to sell a POS like that these days.

New SL... which isn't as ugly as I thought it'd be.

Me too, right by home yesterday. But I really liked it, more so than the older look actually...comes off crisper and more modern. For a driver, which I think this one clearly was, makes me jealous....well, of everything but the gas bill :AH-HA_wink:

Couple of Saturn Auras

New Malibus

Lots of new Jettas

smart fortwo

old Hyundai Excel hatch in d/t at McD's blowing out blue oil smoke!

Rover SD1... I never knew they were sold here.

Yes, in 1980, IIRC as the Rover 3500...had four round headlights for the NA market. I haven't seen one since about 1981.

Edited by moltar

I saw a purple Grand Prix GXP in lower Sussex County, DE. On vacation, PCS? :P

Fittingly, near that GXP was a black G8 GT. And not too much further down Coastal Highway was a red V6, both retail models. Such fantastic-looking sedans.

Also, there was what looked like someone took a '64 Ford Galaxie sedan and turned it into a convertable by the Mobil on 85th Street in Ocean City. It wasn't in the best of shape.

To round everything out, there was a red-over-white 1959 Ford Country Squire for sale in Dagsboro, DE. A silvery Quattroporte was sighted not too much later.

Hey Nut, speaking of the Galaxie, I saw a '73 Cutlass four door with the roof chopped off parked next to a gas station in Ocean City (I think it was at the Wine Rack/Exxon station) when I was down there. Poor thing sat out overnight in a thunderstorm. It had a "For Sale" sign on it.