Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trinacriabob

How do you brand yourself?

How do you brand yourself?   28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you brand yourself as liberal or conservative? (only one choice, sorry)

• Liberal
    • Conservative

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 posts in this topic

We've done religion, height/weight, age, ethnicity...why not this?

You can only pick one. However, you can define what you think these concepts mean.

I once heard:

"When you're younger, if you're not liberal, you don't have a heart.

When you're older, if you're not conservative, you don't have a head."

Also, this has NOTHING to do with party affiliation. Liberal/conservative does NOT necessarily align itself with political leanings.

I picked conservative....you know, a Regal with crank windows and 247,000 miles. :wink:

Since there are only two choices, I'll pick conservative if it is of the Goldwater mindset and not Regan mindset of the current crop of conservatives.

Why only two choices? I mean, that's like saying the world is black & white, cut and dry.

I'm on the highly liberal side of conservative, so I voted conservative.

Here are the 5 options you should have put.

415px-Worlds-Smallest-Political-Quiz.svg

I am libertarian

Edited by lakefire

Cool graph, lakefire.

I can't vote in this poll because the two choices don't represent my views.

Agreed

Here are the 5 options you should have put.

415px-Worlds-Smallest-Political-Quiz.svg

Agreed. I'm Centrist.

Since there are only two choices, I'll pick conservative if it is of the Goldwater mindset and not Regan mindset of the current crop of conservatives.

i'd have to put myself in there too, even though i'm not familiar enough to know exactly what he was for.

it's more libertarian than "right" if i'm correct.

anyone see Ted Nugent on glenn beck recently? i watched most of it, not all of it.

Here's my 'political compass' , thing.

political%20compass1.jpg

Ditto with you and Pauli, although I would call myself on the conservative side of liberal.

I personally don't think anyone has done as much damage to our country as Reagan, Bush Sr. and Bush Jr.

Chris

I consider myself Socially Progressive/Liberal and Fiscally Conservative, so I guess that doesn't put me firmly in either category but I identify with Goldwater Conservatism because NeoCons Suck. Goldwater's "Different Strokes for Different Folks" approach to social policy in the US appeals to me. I hate what Reagan, and the Bushes did to the GOP turning it to a Morality Issues party. Goldwater was great but I yearn for moderates in the mantle of Ford and Nixon as well. Better keep dreaming because nothing's happening anytime soon that might realize this.

BARRYcopy.jpg

I personally don't think anyone has done as much damage to our country as Reagan, Bush Sr. and Bush Jr.

Chris

Agreed.

I'm on the moderate side of liberal...I'm not a flaming Prius-driving, tofu eating, birkenstock wearing eco-weenie, but a car enthusiast, SUV driving, rock and roll fan, technologist, and a progressive, secular idealist.

Edited by moltar

I consider myself a Robert Taft type of conservative - fiscally responsible, balanced budgets, and a non-interventionist foreign policy.

Agreed.

I'm on the moderate side of liberal...I'm not a flaming Prius-driving, tofu eating, birkenstock wearing eco-weenie, but a car enthusiast, SUV driving, rock and roll fan, technologist, and a progressive, secular idealist.

I consider myself Socially Progressive/Liberal and Fiscally Conservative, so I guess that doesn't put me firmly in either category

:withstupid: x2

I picked liberal, though.

No vote from me, I'm sick of the standard back and forth.

I am Libertarian with a healthy dose of pragmatic.

I think we should join the European Union! :rotflmao:

Even the Europeans don't want to do that!

Personally, I'd like to have a passport from an EU member country (so I can move abroad for a while if McPain wins in Nov).

Yo, Borg, if my Dad came over from "the Boot," kept his green card until the day he died (thus never becoming a U.S. citizen, though my Mom did acquire U.S. citizenship), does that mean I can get a dual citizenship with Italy, and thus the EU, and move to Portugal should I win the lottery and stare out at the Atlantic Ocean all day? I wouldn't mind doing that...

Yo, Borg, if my Dad came over from "the Boot," kept his green card until the day he died (thus never becoming a U.S. citizen, though my Mom did acquire U.S. citizenship), does that mean I can get a dual citizenship with Italy, and thus the EU, and move to Portugal should I win the lottery and stare out at the Atlantic Ocean all day? I wouldn't mind doing that...

Now why would you want to end up like Pedro? After all he won the lottery and now stares at the Atlantic all day long. That's why when I'm in Delaware I keep my blinds closed! I just feel like there are eyes watching me. :smilewide:

Now why would you want to end up like Pedro? After all he won the lottery and now stares at the Atlantic all day long. That's why when I'm in Delaware I keep my blinds closed! I just feel like there are eyes watching me. :smilewide:

1. Borgmeister, you didn't answer my question.

2. I wouldn't stare past Madeira, or even the Azores.

3. What does that Bundes thing you have in your sig mean -- that there are many Irma Bunts living in the town?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0