October Car Spotters

ocnblu

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning on the way to work--the first '09 ZR-1 I've seen in the wild. In blue. Looks incredible on the road. I saw the gray showcar at Barrett-Jackson in '08.

Also, a very clean early 4th gen Camaro convertible, top down at 6am, a sharp custom indigo blue paint job w/ tasteful large chrome wheels...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

First '10 SRXes on the road...saw a dark blue one at the Caddy dealer a few weeks ago...saw two black ones on the freeway this afternoon..interesting looking from behind.

At Target this afternoon I saw a restored '31 Ford Model A convertible, a body style I hadn't seen before---with a backseat...looked like a Tudor from the beltline down. Dark blue, ivory colored wire wheels, ivory top, separate trunk behind the body.

In afternoon rush traffic:

Toyota MR2 Spyder right in front of me.

Lotus Elise in oncoming traffic.

Light Pink Cadillac CTS-V. I triple checked my eyes while looking at that one. Mary Kay was not written on the vehicle.

:huh:

Light Pink Cadillac CTS-V. I triple checked my eyes while looking at that one. Mary Kay was not written on the vehicle.

Wierd... I have yet to see a 2nd gen CTS-v...I did see a black 1st gen CTS-v a few days ago. Saw a gorgeous 2nd gen CTS at the airport this afternoon, black w/ blackout windows, and custom mesh grilles..

Since this is Halloween month, how about a horror sighting? A new Lexus GX470 with fake portholes on the fenders. Now that was bad enough in and of itself, but the idiot only put 3 on each side even though it's a V8.

Edited by usonia

Since this is Halloween month, how about a horror sighting? A new Lexus GX470 with fake portholes on the fenders. Now that was bad enough in and of itself, but the idiot only put 3 on each side even though it's a V8.

Here they're like the biggest fad ever, on anything. I first saw a set on a couple of Century's & LeSabre's driven by old guys, not too bad, and the right number. Then they started popping up on G6's, various random imports, and even an old Expedition or two...they always so perfectly compliment the "WTF?" look of the cars in the first place, especially the ones that are trashed but have those shiny new porthole stick-ons to make the look.

Otherwise...

Passed a brand new black on black '10 Camaro SS with the roof open & windows down today, looked "new car" detailed & had temporary plates, so yet another happy new owner somewhere locally. Then right behind it? A Carbon Black G6 GXP sedan...say what you may, but I like both in different ways and seeing such "old" GM right on the bumper of such great "new" GM but only a model year apart was great. Like Darth Vader, cool as crap, and knife cut edges, followed by his bucktoothed and extra gangly in sedan form--but still oddly eye catching--cousin.

Edited by caddycruiser

Starting to see '10 Equinoxes on the road.

Spotted a 2001-2005 Monte Carlo with part of the M missing from the emblem. So... I guess I saw my very first Nonte Carlo.

I spotted a new Camaro this month, though I've been seeing them every so often since July, I think.

And it's Cuticle FTW on the ultimate travesty with these stupid stick-on portholes. Would David Buick be proud, or embarrassed?

Drove a Cyber Gray Equinox 1LT AWD yesterday. The 4 cylinder is fine in this vehicle. It felt very solid, with a good ride. An excellent job.

Picked up a 2010 Colorado brochure while I was waiting for $183 worth of maintenance to be done to the Cobalt (which included the annual Pennsylvania state inspection and emissions test, it's expensive to keep a car in PA! In MD, an inspection is only called for when a vehicle gets sold, and then it's the buyer's responsibility.)

Saw a few neat old cars out over the weekend...

Gray olds Tornado, 66-67ish...

Shelby 350 (or damn nice clone) 65

68 Firebird Convertible, pro touring style, platinum in color, awesome

Original BMC style Mini...

Chris

:rolleyes: Prius came in last week, kindly older couple. Vinyl lettering across hatchgate: "What Would Jesus Drive?" :rolleyes:

A Suburban or a 15 passenger van. He'd need to haul around his disciples.

Chris

A Suburban or a 15 passenger van. He'd need to haul around his disciples.

Chris

Best laugh I have had all week. As for what I have seen... A new 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS RS with polished wheels and a Red Jewel One with the same stuff as well. Saw two 80's Mustangs GT's as well, both beaten pretty hard.

I've been searching the internet for a photo of a 2010 Colorado or Canyon in Steel Green Metallic. Has anyone spotted this color yet? Can someone help by posting a pic? It would be much appreciated.

I've been searching the internet for a photo of a 2010 Colorado or Canyon in Steel Green Metallic. Has anyone spotted this color yet? Can someone help by posting a pic? It would be much appreciated.

Here 'ye go. More gray than green but at the same time also looks almost light olive in some lights.

steelgreencolorado1.jpg

steelgreencolorado2.jpg

I saw the guy nearby with his Laguna out again..he'd had it stashed away for the summer, I think..first time I'd seen it since May...sharp maroon '74 w/ white factory side stripes and Rallys. Looks like he's upgraded to some 18 inch or so wheels, aluminum rims w/ gray spokes. Had his dark green '73 Camaro SS beside it in the driveway, cleaning on them.

That driveway sounds :hot: . What could be more All-American than that?

2010 Golfs have arrived at local dealer. A few more Terrains have hit the ground at local store.

I want a new GTI, plaid seats and all, and can't wait to see a "new" one.

Came out of Petsmart and found this most incredible Mini Cooper S convertible parked next to me, top down. Some special edition, 'Sidewalk'. Was an incredible silver/green/gray color with baseball glove color leather inside...like the one in this pic, but with more chrome inside and out. Truly had me lusting over a FWD subcompact..what a delicious interior. It was the 3rd gen '09 model, I think.

P0032242.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

OK, I brought back some pictures of my travels today:

Terrains:

100_0292.jpg

Terrains:

100_0293.jpg

A5 Cabriolet:

100_0294.jpg

2010 Jetta Wolfsburg with factory bodykit and rims:

100_0295.jpg

2010 Golf 2.5L:

100_0296.jpg

2010 GTI:

100_0297.jpg

2010 GTI tail:

100_0298.jpg

2010 Mustang GT with factory accessory package:

100_0300.jpg

2010 Mustang Pony with stripe delete:

100_0301.jpg

Two sporty Chevys of some sort:

100_0302.jpg

A project awaits:

100_0303.jpg

Avalanche in Lowe's parking lot, wicked:

100_0304.jpg

Awesome pictures, OCN!

I only hit the 1 GM lot in my travels today but they were lacking in much of anything interesting other than these 2:

2010 Rally Yellow/Ebony Camaro 2SS

lam-yellowcamaross.jpg

2010 Cyber Gray/Red Corvette Convertible Grand Sport

lam-graycorvettegs.jpg

The Grand Sport arrived not long ago and the Camaro is the first one they've had sitting for an extended time, vs. selling in less than a week. Otherwise, barren, I tell you, barren...our variety of local dealers is seriously lacking anymore as is the inventory at the ones who are left.

Edited by caddycruiser

New Camaro in the lighter blue color - much nicer color in person than in pics.

Challenger in white, looking good.

OMIGOSH, he likes a white car.

I also saw a new Camaro in the lighter blue color...LOVE that!

Chris

OK, I brought back some pictures of my travels today:

Two sporty Chevys of some sort:

100_0302.jpg

Now I wish there are a couple of smaller siblings to them - one in the Cruze SS mode and one in the Kappa/Alpha two seater mode - and Chevy lineup will be formidable.

Did you test drive any cars?