What would you like to see in the camaro?

carstar

One word "HOUNDSTOOTH" or is that supposed to be two words?Anyway Houndstooth

interior would be cool if the Mustang can have their silly Pony interior.Fold down rear seat would be nice , I might consider putting my dogs back there.Big chrome shift knob like the concept and everything else stated above except for the the guy who doesnt want a console! 8) wtf? gotta have a console!

Edited by citrusZ28

Less expensive parts like lightbulbs, etc. Headlamps for the early 4th gens are $50 per bulb at the local Canadian tire. Go look up prices for an H4351 (low) or H4352 (high) sealed beam bulb compared to the average bulb and you'll see what I mean.

Hmm something more mainstream for the Camaro? How about the turbo 4 cylinder as the base model? I've said it before and have gotten grilled for it, but it makes perfect sense. If not the base model then at least an RS model.

Factor that in, it seems as if many prefer a base model vehicle in fear of keeping the price down. I did this with my Solstice. Why do you need power windows or door locks. Why must you have remote keyless entry on a sports car? My car does me and whatever girlie is with me at the time just well. I have crank windows and manual door locks. It's more "personable" that way at least for me, but hey, I bet when you retire your wife will appreciate having the door opened for her too!

That said, keep it basic. Give us the turbo 2.0l for no more than $25k with a base Camaro starting at $22k for a 220hp V6 and let it roll from there. It may sound backwards but the Camaro crowd is looking for HP and as obvious with the Mustang must appeal to the majority of women buyers such as the Solstice.

<_< You guys will kill me on this...but...I would like to see the Berlinetta brought back as an option package - the upscale interior was cool, as well as the luxury appointments...make it available on the coupe or convertible and give it the following:

Heated seats, NAV, bluetooth, tilt/tele column, and either the high output V6 or the V8 motors as options. no 14-inch gold wheel package though - yuck. :yes:

I have high hopes that the Camaro does not just look at the Mustang as the target - but rather higher benchmark cars - sure I want the ground pounding Camaro that we all know and love - but lets make it drive like a BMW or Lexus Sporty car should. Give those marques a run for thier money in a car with more power, more room, and a great price...show the world what the US is capable. I seriously want a car that even the Europeans would want to buy.

Oh, and I too would like to see the option to buy a 'for off road use only' or a unit that is just street legal enough to get by.

<_< You guys will kill me on this...but...I would like to see the Berlinetta brought back as an option package - the upscale interior was cool, as well as the luxury appointments...make it available on the coupe or convertible and give it the following:

Heated seats, NAV, bluetooth, tilt/tele column, and either the high output V6 or the V8 motors as options.  no 14-inch gold wheel package though - yuck. :yes:

I would be fine with an optional luxury package (not that I would want it), but I don't think the Berlinetta name should come with it. The name just sounds old and dorky.

Here is my justification for wanting the luxury Camaro:

You open up a larger market than just the drag racers and mullet heads that the car usually attracts. With the upgraded seats, nav and bluetooth, you open the market to business men who cannot stand yet another day in a 'Fleet style _____". Or to guys who need to be able to justify with the wife a third car for weekend getaways...the car has to be capable AND comfortable - or the wife isn't going to let it stay around too long. You still get the vroom vroom and the screetch screetch - when you WANT in - but you also have a car that you can drive to a business meeting in without looking like a kid just out of college buying his first car.

We have to look at the market differently now. It is not 1969 anymore...it will be 2008/9 when this car eventually comes out. Cars are different now. Hell, a Mazda 3 can be had with all of the things I am asking for in the Camaro for less than $23k!! Even Nissan is offering 'keyless go' on compact cars costing less than $15k. The market is different now. Options sell cars, not just horsepower and looks alone. Gas is getting more expensive, insurance, and the payments themselves are going up with each new generation of cars. Now a Camaro might be a person's PRIMARY car - so it needs to be offered with the options that will make it a platform that is POSSIBLE to be lived with every day - and still fun on the weekend. Look at the BMW M3 or M5 as an example of what I am talking about.

This same argument has to be made for the next GTO that is expected soon - I think what doomed the 04-06 GTO is the fact that it was a car costing as much or more than it's competitors, and could not be had with a sunroof, heated seats, or Nav. Please GM, learn from the mistakes of the past and show the world what a car CAN be. The Camaro and the next GTO MUST be liveable as a daily driver - not just as a weekend warrior.

And Type LT or even RS would be fine with me.

It's a GM mucsle car, so you know it will have a few fantastic, ass-kicking pushrod V8s available. IRS is already a given which is good, although I'd like to see a cheapo-live axle setup for us old school guys, but I'm not holding my breath.

That does not leave much. MOstly I'll say this:

Don;t change a thing. Make the rims a more realistic 18" and produce the interior EXACTLY as is just in a few different color scheemes. Most importantly: listen up GM this is BIG... it HAS to be a hardtop just like the concept. THe B-pillar must not exist beyond a rubber strip of insulation on the rear glass that rolls down wiht the windows.

The Camaro is big news for us Hardtop lovers!

Posted Image

Here is my justification for wanting the luxury Camaro:

You open up a larger market than just the drag racers and mullet heads that the car usually attracts.  With the upgraded seats, nav and bluetooth, you open the market to business men who cannot stand yet another day in a 'Fleet style _____".  Or to guys who need to be able to justify with the wife a third car for weekend getaways...the car has to be capable AND comfortable - or the wife isn't going to let it stay around too long.  You still get the vroom vroom and the screetch screetch - when you WANT in - but you also have a car that you can drive to a business meeting in without looking like a kid just out of college buying his first car. 

We have to look at the market differently now.  It is not 1969 anymore...it will be 2008/9 when this car eventually comes out.  Cars are different now.  Hell, a Mazda 3 can be had with all of the things I am asking for in the Camaro for less than $23k!!  Even Nissan is offering 'keyless go' on compact cars costing less than $15k.  The market is different now.  Options sell cars, not just horsepower and looks alone.  Gas is getting more expensive, insurance, and the payments themselves are going up with each new generation of cars.  Now a Camaro might be a person's PRIMARY car - so it needs to be offered with the options that will make it a platform that is POSSIBLE to be lived with every day - and still fun on the weekend.  Look at the BMW M3 or M5 as an example of what I am talking about.

This same argument has to be made for the next GTO that is expected soon - I think what doomed the 04-06 GTO is the fact that it was a car costing as much or more than it's competitors, and could not be had with a sunroof, heated seats, or Nav.  Please GM, learn from the mistakes of the past and show the world what a car CAN be.  The Camaro and the next GTO MUST be liveable as a daily driver - not just as a weekend warrior.

And Type LT or even RS would be fine with me.

Yes, yes...this is the kind of Camaro or GTO I'd want..w/ the most powerful V8, a 6-spd manual, big brakes, IRS, but also a sunroof, heated seats, powerful sound system, upgraded interior, good cupholders. :) all the creature comforts to make the car practical as a daily driver. One of the reasons I love BMWs is the combination of daily use amenities with all-around performance. A straight-line drag car alone would be boring to me.

base v6 (~240 hp) ~ is the average said around 22k? 6 speeds at and mt

rs v6 (~270 hp) ~(based on the 22k figure) 24k sound reasonble? both AT & MT available, upgraded wheels 19", rs paint scheme/color, slight handling difference

rs v8 (~320 hp) ~ 26k same as v6 rs , but w/ v8 badging

ss/z28 (depending on classification hierarchy) ~400-450hp ~30-35k MT only, badging/paint scheme/color, barebones option, race seats

convert. 2-3k premium?

premium stereo pack. from a top shelf name--not infinty or bose. 2-3K.

if t-tops or a no go, sunroof opt avail.

i think the base should even have just a touch of lux at least avail. not sure if a designation would be needed though.

"disclaimer" --the prices are an estimate only based on what i can remeber was thrown around in previous discussions.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh I hope I never have to see a v4 disgrace a Camaro ever again and it being turbo does not help either. It's a muscle car, it needs to have a v8 with TONS of torque and some damn good horsepower. That's why people would ever by a Camaro rather than a BMW, it's a MUSCLE CAR. That seperates it from the rest and attracts a unique bunch of consumers. I don't even like the idea of a v6, but I suppose for the ladies and people who want to save a little bit on gas it's fine. About the luxury interior, I don't think it would fit on the Camaro at all. I think most Americans view it still as a low muscle machine that you can feel every little bump in, so not many people would look towards it for luxury. I've got leather bucket seats in my Camaro and it's sure as hell comfortable enough for me and I love the hugging, supporting leather. I do, however, think that they should use the zeta platform to make a new sports car that is luxurious and still retains some muscle along with finesse(sp.). There are a lot of possibilities with the zeta platform and the creation of a new luxurious sports/muscle car might be a perfect fit for GM, perhaps it could bring back some fire to the Buick division?

Now that I've got that off my chest, here are some of my additions: I love T-tops, but it might look strange on that car and I'd have to see a pic first. Power windows is a definite, but power door locks, remote entry, heated seats, heated wheel, and power seats are not too essential to me. Some cool retro belt buckles would look awesome as well as a completely retro dash with chromed out knobs. Some chrome exterior parts such as door handles and a chrome gas door would add a very muscular look. A diesel radio with megabass would be essential as well as chrome exhaust tips(dual exhaust of course).

4 drum brakes to save money.

600hp V6 with 725 ft/lbs tourqe and 69 mpg city and price it at 9,000 to campare against Pirus.

For real, a HUD system, Sparko seats. ill think of othere stuff.

Styling different from the concept.

Sorry to hear that... perhaps you'll like the GTO

• 1 month later...

How about a Type LT, just like the good old days.

There was no such thing as an LT in the good old days...

In the "good old days" Camaros were hardtops and

they had optional hideaway lights, RS did not mean

"split bumper" and the coolest Camaro available had

dog dish hubcaps and was designated ZL1. :D

THe B-pillar must not exist beyond a rubber strip of insulation on the rear glass that rolls down wiht the windows.

While I still don't think it's necessary, making it a full hardtop would be pretty cool, a way to show the public that GM didn't cheap out on the production of this car.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't someone post that the Camaro was too wide for a regular car trailer like drag racers use? Scaling it down to real-world size without compromising looks is very important. My biggest gripe with concept to reality designs is how the styling cues so often look awkward when translated into production proportions.

In addition to adjustable steering wheel and pedals, why not offer a couple different types of seat to account for different body types, driving styles, etc? I personally love a good bucket seat that fits me snugly, but I know a lot prefer their cars to feel more spacious.

Beyond that, I'm not too picky. Make it attractive, solid, and with the option of both manual and auto on every engine. And don't pull a Ford and make a model that uses a big name to justify charging a lot more for a car that's the same speed as the model it replaces.

Edited by Enzora

All good points.

The only thing that will prevent me from buying a

5th gen. ASAP would be a fixed B-pillar... no

matter how thin or elegant.

I'd like to see the interior exactly the same as in the concept car. The same type and the same size of rims, if not the same size only 1 or 2 inches smaller. For the automatic transmission the same kind of shifter handle the was on the old Camaro's with automatics, (I don't remeber what it's called). Stripes on the SS and Z28 and that's about it I guess. :

:5thgen:

:smilies-38096:

I would if I had a Cadillac

Console? WTF? I hate those damn things. I like a nice slim one like those found in late 1960's cars, but not those big-ass behemoths they stick in cars nowadays.

Well, if you'd like rolling around the front seat of your car then a Bench is for you.

Bucket seats and a center console for me. Bench seats don't say sporty to me. They say family. No thank you.

Guest YellowJacket894

Oh, and I too would like to see the option to buy a 'for off road use only' or a unit that is just street legal enough to get by.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Berlinetta? Hey, who stuck the Pin in my Farina?

An off-road package?

[Plays "Where's Your Head At?" as a response.]