2008 CTS Wishlist

Lets list some of the features we want available or standard on the new CTS.

For me:

Rain sensing wipers. My mother's Aurora has them and Chas's Passat has them. Not even an option on the current CTS.

Remote Start

3 or more settings for the heated seats.

As far as feature content goes...

Telescoping steering wheel

Hill-hold assist

One-touch windows

Adaptive Xenons

Keyless start

Active cruise control (dual-radar would be awesome)

Free scheduled maintenance

Rear sunshades

Ventilated seats

Heated steering wheel

Power folding mirrors

Panorama sunroof

And technology trends that are becoming popular... maybe make them options?

Blind-spot detection

Lane-departure warning

Collision mitigation braking

Infared headlights (a bit like NightVision, but not heat)

Rear view camera

Interior colors beyond charcoal, grey, and neutral

Selection of convincing woods and metals

Adaptive headlights

Keyless start

Heated/cooled front seats with optional heated rear seats

Rear window automatic sunshade

Rear view camera

DVD entertainment system

Edit:

Rain-sensing wipers

Heater washer fluid

Available headlight washers

Edited by sciguy_0504

Exactly. Things like this only serve to make lazy, incompetant drivers lazier and less competant. Blind-spot detection exists - its called 'rearview mirrors' and 'looking'; Lane-departure warning also exist - its called 'THUMPTHUMPTHUMP' and 'HONK!' from the car in the other lane.

Bluetooth

Heated steering wheel

power fold mirrors

cooled seats

rear power sunshade

rear power fold head rest

rear camera

rain sense wipers

heated wipers

anti glare dvd screen

express all windows up and down

open and close all windows, sunroof by remote (ala vw)

more hp and tq

better mpg

rear dual chrome exhaust

more colors int, ext

bi-xenon headlights and fogs

Early release around may 2007

Exactly. Things like this only serve to make lazy, incompetant drivers lazier and less competant. Blind-spot detection exists - its called 'rearview mirrors' and 'looking'; Lane-departure warning also exist - its called 'THUMPTHUMPTHUMP' and 'HONK!' from the car in the other lane.

A lot of roads here don't have the THUMPTHUMPTHUMPing... and people on Long Island are already incredibly lazy, so I'd like it if something in their car alerted them to wake the f@#k up. However... it should say something like, "WAKE THE f@#k UP YOU LAZY f@#kING PIECE OF $h! AND WATCH THE f@#kING ROAD!"

.. or something like that. I know some people who could probably rig it to do that too LOL

Hmm... You mean the crazy-ass drivers around here aren't enough to keep people alert?

Probably the most annoying thing to drive through on Long Island is the every-500-feet water drain in the left lanes of the Cross Island Parkway and Southern State Parkway. I either have to keep my car all the way to the right side of the lane, or I have to have to drive through a big ass BA-DUMP! every 5 seconds.

Power tilt-telescoping steering wheel

heated steering wheel

auto up/down windows

power folding mirrors

heated/ventillated front + rear seats

automatic windshield wipers

heated washer fluid

adaptive headlights

massaging seats

Heads-Up Display on the windshield

keyless start

skylight

lots of airbags

AWD

Non-V series V8 model

E85 capable engines

Extreme design with the same affordable price as the current cts.

Sorta like how the base Buick Lucernes looks alot like the top of the line models.

And all the other things mentioned above, and :idhitit:

1. Every tech goody, without the funky controls. Technology with user-friendly controls is a good seling point.

2. A class-leading (i.e., flawless) assembly, especially in the interior.

3. A 2.8L gasoline engine, and a diesel engine for Europe. If it fits, use Fiat's 2.4L I5 diesel while the new diesel V6 is under development.

That's why they can be options...

Oh, also, AWD.

That's why they can be options...

Oh, also, AWD.

I agree they should be options but also agree w/Fly that they're no good. It teaches the driver that he/she doesn't have to look to change lanes and develops bad driving habits. What happens when the driver is renting a car that doesn't have these features and causes a wreck because he/she is not used to checking their blind spots?

How about a nice dash to look at all the time your driving it ! forget all the electrical gremlin stuff untill gm can get its act together ! give me a v-8, 6 speed, abs, traction control and airbags and leave all the other crap out !!! well ok power windows, locks and cruise, and thats it !!!!!! nothing more ! NOTHING !

true air conditioned seats and not those cheap vented ones. My back is always sweaty in the summer when I hop into a leather seated car...

Easy entry/departure / power tilt/telescope... important feature for tall people.

Keyless entry/Push Start

LED tail lamps

Rainsense wipers

Two Driver Information Center windows like in the CTSv, accessible from the steering wheel.

If GM covers most of those, plus gives it the interior room (or close) of the 98-04 Seville, count me in.

I find it amazing the the current CTS has almost as much rear leg room as the old Seville, I hope the new one keeps those dimensions, while adding a little to the shoulder room/width.

First and foremost, better reliability is a given.

Power needs to be upped to handle the (likely) extra weight, and then some. Ideally, something that wins the h/p wars: 300+ hp V6 maybe? Six speed trannys across the board...don't forget the six speed manual for us REAL car drivers ;-).

An in-car MP3 player would be nice...something that could hold 10,000 songs worth of data, accessible through the nav screen. No-brainer.

How about more attention to those in the backseat: start with a more sculpted rear bench. Later options (b/c I'm sure these aren't on the books) should include sunshades, power adjustable rear seats, cooled & heated, etc.

Most importantly, quality, plush, and authentic materials. From the recent spyshot of the CTS interior, it looks like a few bean counters had there way with the prototype dash seen on 60 minutes. Notice how the coloring of the sides of the center controls no longer match the white dash...and the wood grain no longer exists in the sides of the center console. Everything on that dash should feel like a million bucks, and the only plastic in that dash should be found in the radio controls and cupholders.

Hopefully, GM can fully deliver 100% on this product. They came fantastically close on the GMT-900 SUV's...hopefully this baby is IT.

Adaptive Xenon Headlights

Panoramic Roof

Push Button Ignition

Rain Sensing Wipers

Rear Back Up Camera

Heated/Cooled Ventilated Leather Seating

Paddle Shifters

AWD

LED Taillights

In-dash Hard Drive for MP3's

Steering Wheel controlled iPod interface

Infinity Stereo System

Offer all options as stand alone options (Like how BMW does it) rather than offering high priced packages.

Edited by MrRogers

1) Interior colors other than boring gray, charcoal or tan

2) Something to break up the doors like a nice bodyside molding with a chrome insert

3) A nice dash that isn't a huge hunk of plastic with nothing to break up it, ala Impala/Lucerne

4) Bluetooth and navigation for the kids

5) 20/30 mpg ratings

Good trunk space, i.e. 15 cubic feet minimum and leather seating upholstery that looks more convincing as leather and not the pedestrian vinyl-looking junk in GM luxury models these days. And kill one of the grey colors, either Thunder Blue or that other new grey color-keep the fake silver, but kill one of the other two. How about bringing orange back? Or an actually convincing gold?

No. This crap doesn't need to be in any car. Period.

I agree 100% this is just useless crap that over complicates a vehicle, you should add the whole reverse camera sensor thing too,if you need a camera to back up you shouldnt drive, if you need a lane departure sensor you shouldnt drive.Arrghh now i'm angry.

A lot of roads here don't have the THUMPTHUMPTHUMPing... and people on Long Island are already incredibly lazy, so I'd like it if something in their car alerted them to wake the f@#k up.  However... it should say something like, "WAKE THE f@#k UP YOU LAZY f@#kING PIECE OF $h! AND WATCH THE f@#kING ROAD!"

.. or something like that.  I know some people who could probably rig it to do that too LOL

thats a good idea or electric shock.

Hand brake

Interior better than Audi A4

Manual transmission standard, automatic optional (Sports Sedan)

Bi-Xenon headlamps available

Class-dominating dynamics

Coupe and Cabriolet

Heads-Up Display

Tilt wheel w/o notches and telescoping, power option

Of course, bold, attractive styling

No incentives

Well, fellas, this is going to be our launch topic for the new To GM: forum. So, get your top five to ten most wanted features and try to elaborate on why over the next few days.

We'll edit it, put it in letter format, and put up a poll in the new forum. Be sure to vote in the poll and we'll see if we can get some answers!

Well, fellas, this is going to be our launch topic for the new To GM: forum. So, get your top five to ten most wanted features and try to elaborate on why over the next few days.

We'll edit it, put it in letter format, and put up a poll in the new forum. Be sure to vote in the poll and we'll see if we can get some answers!

1. Bluetooth integration - major luxury feature. I want to be able to use handsfree without having to have a seperate OnStar voice calling account.

2. AWD - I live in the north east.... enough said.

3. More than 3 settings on the heated seats - Rheostats have been around since what, 1910? I need settings other than just Tepid and Broil.

4. A major shift away from wishy washy colors! If there is any debate as to what the color is <ie, a greenish blue, no wait, a blueish green> toss it. Vivid and bold. The color palet of the corvette should be lifted directly.

5. An optional non- V-series V8. Personally, I like the idea of the 5.3 with AFM and FFV.

6. Rain sensing wipers - already standard or optional on much lesser cars.

7. Rear LEDs - it's almost becoming a signature to see the slender verticle LED tail lights and know immediately it's a Cadillac.

Heated/cooled seats. More specifically, cooled seats. I like leather, but I live in Arizona. Sitting on 150+ degree leather is not my idea of a fun drive.

Heads up display.

Non V series with a Northstar.

Hand Brake

Don't lose the option for a manual transmission.

Seats colored to the car like what is available on the GTO.