Sign in to follow this  
mikem

2007 G5 review

50 posts in this topic

mikem    0

"New for 2007, the Pontiac G5 coupe delivers Pontiac performance and style in a compact package that offers a surprising degree of standard and optional features in an entry-level model..."

This is from a new exclusive review on the 2007 new Pontiac G5. You can read about it's history, features and performance, and also view a photo gallery with the coupe.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Read the whole article here: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/pontiac/pontiac-g5-ar11669.html

BamBam    0

It's history? It's a Cobalt with a Pontiac badge....and the Cobalt sedan's tail lights. History lesson over. And I didn't even need to read about it. :P

207625[/snapback]

The G5 does not share it's taillights with the Cobalt sedan.

Drew Dowdell    5,000

Ya know, it's a fine little car who's only major failing is that it is a badge job. At least it's a relatively attractive badge job.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

Intrepidation    846

Ya know, it's a fine little car who's only major failing is that it is a badge job. At least it's a relatively attractive badge job.

207633[/snapback]

Yeah.

Paolino    99

I have a friend that when she gets her next car, I think I could totally persuade her to get this.

I'm actually warming up to the G5. I'm starting to like the rear, but I still don't like the front.

Give it a different nose, and reshape the decklid part, and you'll have a nice little coupe.

Justin Bimmer    138

I totall see a smaller GTO I was thinking that and then I read your post. Saw one at the Auto Show at the Tx State fair and I think I would rather get the G5 than the cobalt.... which is a first for me in prefrence of the GM small cars.

aaaantoine    4

It's not really using blue lettering on the stereo unit, is it?

Tell me they needed to snap that photo last minute and had to use the Chevy version of the radio because a Pontiac radio wasn't on hand...

That's tacky.

Intrepidation    846

It's not really using blue lettering on the stereo unit, is it?

Tell me they needed to snap that photo last minute and had to use the Chevy version of the radio because a Pontiac radio wasn't on hand...

That's tacky.

208000[/snapback]

I just noticed that...it's pathetic! They could AT LEASST make the readouts red. <_<

red    0

Counting down til this thing gets pulled off the market...

I understand this car is necessary for the P/B/G retail channel, but GM should really rush a Pontiac compact that benefits the BRAND as well as the dealers. Luckily, the G5 is based on a solid budget-car entry, so not a lot of damage can be done.

But in order to attract a different market than Chevy as well as increase Pontiac brand equity, a sporty, stylish, and more powerful entry is needed. Think Subaru Impreza/WRX - the car clearly has its own footing in the marketplace and is part of the brand's identity. Hopefully, Pontiac can have something like that - soon. Let Chevy appeal to the masses.

Cory Wolfe    263

Agreed. I like the carbon fiber trim and the solstice steering wheel

207698[/snapback]

Considering the Cobalt has the same steering wheel...

I sense a GTO vibe from the overall package.  Coincidence?

207964[/snapback]

Posted Image

Pontiac's photography does wonders.

I just noticed that...it's pathetic! They could AT LEASST make the readouts red. <_<

208003[/snapback]

Yeah... The backlighting is red, but not the radio displays. Pathetic, yes. Solstice is the same way, I think.

Eric77TA    0

it should be rear drive, body on frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:  :banghead:

208058[/snapback]

Rear drive would be nice, but I don't think you're ever going to see a body on frame car again. The only body on frame car platform on the market is Panther, isn't it?

Guest YellowJacket894   
Guest YellowJacket894

I sat in one of these and actually walked away impressed. I found it odd it gave me a different vibe from the Cobalt.

It's a shame GM won't stick the 2.0L Turbo or S'Charged in this car. Then it would rank pretty high on my want list.

FAPTurbo    1,080

I sat in one of these and actually walked away impressed. I found it odd it gave me a different vibe from the Cobalt.

It's a shame GM won't stick the 2.0L Turbo or S'Charged in this car. Then it would rank pretty high on my want list.

208359[/snapback]

I thought it'd be fun if they stuck a light pressure turbo in the Pontiac, and kept the Cobalt's SS Supercharger.

It'd make for some differentiation between the two vehicles and allow for some friendly competition.

Edited by Captainbooyah

Chicagoland    2

"Should be RWD BOF"???

There were never any RWD BOF compact cars, ever. Where does one think they were back in the day??? The G5 is the successor to the Pontiac Sunbird, [and Astre], which were not BOF at all!!

The 'compact' F and X [Nova family] RWD cars had a sub frame and were not pure BOF. And in today's measurements, are mid-sized cars.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this