2008 Cadillac DTS Platinum

Flybrian

PRESS RELEASE:

GM @ LAIAS

2008 CADILLAC DTS PLATINUM

Posted Image

LOS ANGELES An elegant tradition of hand-crafted luxury is being redefined for a new generation, as Cadillac today introduces the Platinum Series for the XLR roadster and STS and DTS sedans. The Platinum Series is a limited-edition collection of vehicles including additional elegant design touches, and continues Cadillac’s reinvention of its interior styling and appointments.

Cadillac’s landmark V-series extended the brand’s credentials into the elite-level performance arena. Now the Platinum Series aims to do the same in the luxury direction. The vehicles were inspired by the very popular Escalade ESV Platinum that was offered between the 2004 and 2006 model years and introduced many new luxury features to the luxury SUV marketplace.

“The Platinum Series is a natural addition to the Cadillac brand, extending the luxury appeal of our products,” said Cadillac General Manager Jim Taylor. “Platinum also joins the new 2007 SRX and our V-Series cars as examples of Cadillac’s return to hand-crafted interiors, an important addition to the ongoing renaissance of the brand.”

Cadillac’s limited-edition Platinum models feature ultra-premium details such as a generous use of chrome, authentic wood and luxurious upholstery, as well as Cadillac’s precision hand-crafted interiors, executed by craftsmen who cut, wrap and sew cabin components individually.

The Cadillac DTS Platinum goes to dramatic new lengths with 18-inch wheels, bright chrome grille and chrome inserts on the exterior door handles, as well as a Platinum badge, all of which highlight the Ebony exterior finish.

A unique Light Linen over Cocoa interior is distinguished by olive ash burl wood with decorative inlay; semi-aniline-dyed Tuscany leather upholstery and hand-cut-and-sewn leather on the instrument panel, console and door trim.

A handcrafted, leather-wrapped heated steering wheel with authentic olive ash burl wood and chrome appointments; suede headliner and visors; and an illuminated Platinum badge on the door sill plate complete the package.

The Cadillac DTS Platinum will be available in August of 2007.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great idea, especially if just for a limited model, to fully show what they can do. You don't need the leather dash & suede bits on your rental & more mass market models (not that the stuff they get is anything to snuff at), but it's nice to have that trim at least available in one level.

The Tuscany leather, unique colors & wood, and suede headliner & visors are just incredible, considering both already the current interior in the standard DTS AND compared to the crap that was in this car just back in the '05 model year. GM has come a long way, and almost overnight in some cases, and it's finally starting to show.

Love the changes made to the interior, however, I am not sure on that color combo. I am hoping it is a problem with the photo coloring, as the dark brown almost looks purple. I'd like to see this interior in a different color. Saddle/ charcoal, maybe?

The changes to the exterior are washed out by the color choice. I'd like to see this in black. The wheels look great.

shame how the crappy impala plastic looks even more terrible against better leather and wood.

and you'd think they'd at least change the color from 'tapioca beige' to something richer and deeper brown. at least that way the seats wouldn't look 'turd stained'......

Edited by regfootball

shame how the crappy impala plastic looks even more terrible against better leather and wood.

and you'd think they'd at least change the color from 'tapioca beige' to something richer and deeper brown.  at least that way the seats wouldn't look 'turd stained'......

221413[/snapback]

The DTS plastic is slightly better than Impala/Lucerne plastic. It's similar to the Escalade upper door panel stuff.

Love the suede. The carpet should be the darker color from the interior. That tan is going to show way too much dirt. What is housed in the little pod in the center of the dash, and is it new to all 08 DTS models, or exclusive to the Platnium? Was not in the 07 DTS I rented... I would just be happy enough to own a "base" DTS though.

This thing's got more wood than a strip club.

And yes, that interior needs more chrome accents. Perhaps between the wood trim and the dashboard. And around the door switchgear.

Better yet, make that switchgear sill plate out of wood. And THEN accent it with chrome.

Exterior needs work to justify the name

hate the name

221107[/snapback]

I'm a bit confused...

Exterior needs work to justify the name, but you hate the name... so you want them to rework the exterior until you hate it too? :P

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Regardless of which DTS-trim you're in, the DTS does not use the same hard plastic for the lower dash as the Lucerne & Impala. The DTS receives soft-touch surfaces throughout. Go back and look again :)

Beautiful interior, I mean...talk about setting the bar. I can't wait for Lexus, BMW and the rest to start wetting their pants over this. If I had the money to buy a luxury car by 2008...based on interior alone, this would win hands down.

Edited by AxelTheRed