Revealed: Audi A5 and S5

Variance

So its a 3-series with an Audi grille? I know they are trying to compete, but with this bland of a design and with this obvious of a design rip off I don't think they can swing enough buyers. BMW has a stranglehold in this area, so Audi should have brought something a little more extravagant to the table.

You guys (the ones that don't like it) have to look at the big picture... the total design... It looks really good!

Note: Spending waaay too much time in an Audi/VW dealership this past week could have caused me to like their stuff more then I usually would.

Simple, sporty and sleek. The three S's have prevailed here and it looks damn good. Looks longer than a 3-series coupe, is it just the angle of the photos or is it actually bigger?

Toyota Solara with an Audi grill

I definitely don't see the Solara in that A5, and thank goodness for that. It's one of my most hated cars heh.

That gross disgusting B-pillar is :puke: inducing.

The interior & sculpted fenders are nice but now that

Mercedes, the new Camaro & even Jaguar have new

HARDTOPS in showrooms 2 door luxury/sport cars

with B-pillars are ubber lame!

The headlights are also cheesy and that Audi grille

is getting very cheesy.

The front is kinda gloopy and boring, but the rest is quite nice. Fabulous interior... better than the CTS I think.

I disagree... I love the new CTS interior. But part of my decision is based on the fact that I prefer a symmetrical interior vs a driver-focused one.

The headlights are also cheesy and that Audi grille

is getting very cheesy.

Tell me... Are Pontiac's, Cadillac's, Jeep's, Dodge's, MB's, BMW's, etc... Are their grills getting cheesy too? It's called a brand identity.

I disagree... I love the new CTS interior. But part of my decision is based on the fact that I prefer a symmetrical interior vs a driver-focused one.

I *heart* driver oriented interiors. :P

GOOD GOD!! That grille is even worse, I was just begining to admire the S5 when I saw that. That is horrible, what were they thinking, as if the regular grille is not obtrusive enough they had to make this one even more?! What are the specs on the S5 anway?

Other than the ugly, droopy character line, I really like this car. The interior is amazing: luxurious and modern, techy without being overkill. The character line is overkill, though, and ruins the graceful exterior styling.

Interior doesn't wow me (no real continuity or fluidity), but audi interiors have never lived up to the hype IMO. Steering wheel is clunky & something about that wide, flat, hooded IP says 1980s to me. Meh.

Exterior no longer says 'audi'; now badge reading is the most telling element. Grille is HUGE (tho I personally like large grilles). Very similar front fascia elements on the G6 GXP and the A5.... :wink: Overall, it's not bad, but it's not notable either- like a tremendous amount of automotive design in modern times.

BV- that near-identical wheel design has been used before... can't remember by who tho...

Well you.. you... (Satty I need some help). haha You're not a part of this!

It looks classy I guess, yeah. But I don't see how people would buy this over the Cadillac, Mercedes, or BMW equivalent...

The A5 is for those that want everything the others have to offer (power, nice interior, luxury features) but don't want the "look at me" styling. Some people like to stand out and show their wealth, others would like to be less "look at me" and enjoy everything that's nice about a luxury car without putting on a show.

You drive a Millenia.

You just backhandedly insulted yourself. :P

The A5 is for those that want everything the others have to offer (power, nice interior, luxury features) but don't want the "look at me" styling. Some people like to stand out and show their wealth, others would like to be less "look at me" and enjoy everything that's nice about a luxury car without putting on a show.

What he said. And it's stylish enough to be sexy. Like my Millenia. :D

I hate the droopy character line and the BMW 3-Series coupe style tail lamps, but I love it. It's an Audi Coupe that's not a TT.