CSpec

Even More Vectra/Aura Spy Pics

46 posts in this topic

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

----

It looks good so far, but the back is very similar to the new Altima it seems.

Man, I would hate to have been the bastard that had to put every one of those squigly stickers on there.

Passat + Altima

And for some reason I see "BMW 5 + Oldsmobile Aurora"

Is that a Bangle butt?! I see a lot of Altima.

Altima??? That's cladding, not a bangle butt.

Dear gods I hope so.

Altima??? That's cladding, not a bangle butt.

I was referring to the stretched out taillights and greenhouse mainly...

Posted Image

It looks like it'll be beautiful it looks like a short Bonneville. I can't wait.

Edited by jay

I'm falling for this car, but I want a diesel engine and a Opel badge! maybe I can bring one back from Europe.

This looks impressive so far; much better than the Accord based on spy shots.

Eh, it's ok. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt with the camo.

Its looking like a very nice car. The rear has a strong Altima flavour, but the general proportions look more appealing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

so this Aura will only be around for 4 years? Holy short life cycle Batman

Looks too asian...

It really has become a sad day in the auto industry. Every sedan looks the same and because the asians are supposedly "the standard" the sedans all look like $h!. No originality or anything, it even has that ugly cropped rear that the new puke-tacular Altima has.... Maybe it'll have the horrible cut lines as well or the same 'fat arm' syndrome that the front of the Altima (front fenders) suffers from.

Looks too asian...

It really has become a sad day in the auto industry. Every sedan looks the same and because the asians are supposedly "the standard" the sedans all look like $h!. No originality or anything, it even has that ugly cropped rear that the new puke-tacular Altima has.... Maybe it'll have the horrible cut lines as well or the same 'fat arm' syndrome that the front of the Altima (front fenders) suffers from.

I have never been a fan of Asian cars for MANY reasons. Their design is one of those reasons. They have no soul............kind of like their citizens (ouch!). Anyway, I would rather GM get their own inspiration (like they did in the day). I would not mind if they got a couple of design ideas from the Germans either (their quality is getting very shady, but their designs are still cool).

Edited by Clownzilla

I have never been a fan of Asian cars for MANY reasons. Their design is one of those reasons. They have no soul............kind of like their citizens (ouch!). Anyway, I would rather GM get their own inspiration (like they did in the day). I would not mind if they got a couple of design ideas from the Germans either (their quality is getting very shady, but their designs are still cool).

Yes, the whole industry has gone too much into just copying whatever general style Toyota and Honda put out.

The only really GOOD looking sedans of the last 10 years that I can think of off the top of my head are the late-model Bonnevilles, the 2nd gen CTS, and the G8.

It looks ok but I really hope they retain the nice chrome touches of todays car and not feed us another slab sided plain looking car.

I was referring to the stretched out taillights and greenhouse mainly...

Posted Image

I don't understand why the magazines have gone ga-ga over the styling of this car. That side profile shows front and rear overhangs that would make a W-body blush....

I hope that is fake trunk. I've yet to see a Bangle butt that looks good. The Altima's toned down one is the best one so far, but still not attractive.

Mark

Its looking like a very nice car. The rear has a strong Altima flavour, but the general proportions look more appealing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeh, i thought altima too, but without the oddly large greenhouse effect. this car looks nicely styled.

are we sure this is the sized car we'll see as AURA? I know the stylign is supposed to be identical. but shouldn't we be getting a longer wheelbase version?

if that bangled trunk is just camo, then its a great job, cause thats one high 3rd brake light. and the body lines kinda look like they flow into the higher bangle trunk

if that bangled trunk is just camo, then its a great job, cause thats one high 3rd brake light. and the body lines kinda look like they flow into the higher bangle trunk

maybe it's a cute little duck-tail spoiler. like the one on the Astra 4-door concept over on gminsidenews...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0