maximum speed you ever reached

Deds

whats the max. speed you ever reached? in what car? boooooredd xD

i've been 143 miles/h in a peugeot 106 raly edition 1.3L 120hp of 1995, its a powerless car, but very light weight car

and 136 miles/h in a VW touran 2.0L TDI 140hp of 2005

post-4511-1181563114_thumb.jpg

post-4511-1181563185_thumb.jpg

Uh... 85 mph. Sometimes I forget to look at the speedometer.

Actually, I dragged with a Corvette at an ASIM. Not sure what speed I hit, though.

I've accidentally hit 80 mph in a 55 while test-driving a CTS. Those cars are so smooth that when there are no other cars around, you don't even realize you're going that fast.

I've seen 140mph a few times...once in my M3, once as a passenger in my friend Steve's NSX, another time driving his NSX.

I had my sister's Merc S-class up to 125 once, ran out of road..

I don't know how fast I've had my Mustang GT, the speedo only goes to 85.

I've also seen speeds of north 140 mph. The highest speed I've ever

gotten pulled over for was 99mph. That was in my 4.1 liter DOHC V8

powered 1997 Infiniti Q45 and the cop told me I had good reflexes.

XP was in the passanger seat taking a photo of the dash displaying a

solid 120+ mph when he started screaming Cop! COP!! COP!!!!

Because I pulled over before he even had a chance to turn his lights

on he was very forgiving. Wicked polite and respectful on both sides.

There's only a few cars I've gone over 140mph in:

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 6-speed (Jet Black, T-top)

1996 Ford Mustang Cobra 5-speed (not SpeedingPenguin's but one EXACTLY like it)

my very own 1968 Chevrolet Camaro

(drive a 35 year old Camaro w/ over 185,000 miles at 140 & you will know what 200mph feels like in a new car)

I've also hit the electronic speed limiter in several cars...

1997 Cadillac STS (more times than I can count on both hands)

2000 VW Jetta 1.8T

1997 Infiniti Q45

2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT1

1999 Cadillac STS

More BRAND new Chevrolet/Pontiac cars/trucks than I care to admit

(used to sell them brand new)

I've also been in the passanger seat of a 1990 VW Corrado G60 with about

$10,000 of suspension & motor work when my friend Mike was driving it at

between 75-130mph on back roads & through a lake-side road that bends

& dips through rows of trees. That scared the $hit out of me, one mistake &

we would have been nothing but a oil/blood stain on one of the trees.

In the mid 150's (156-158mph) in an original 427 AC Cobra, in 1967. One of my army buddies was storing it for a friend who was in Nam. We took it out on the highway near Bakersfield, Ca. It's probably the most awesome car I've ever ridden in.

Edited by RichW5

ONe of my long term goals is to build a Corbra 427 replica with CHEVY big block power.

152-154 MPH in a F4 Camaro... A buddy and I were trying to peg the speedo. We let off of it because of an appraoching curve and because the nose was beginning to get a little light.

110 MPH in my 1973 Camaro.. I backed out of it there because at the time I ran 4 inch wide VW tires on the front (previous owner set it up that way, I personally didn't care for it) 110 MPH in a '73 Camaro with 4 inch tires on the front is 1) Pretty damn hard to keep straight, especially if you hit gravel (we have a lot of 'washes' here in the mountains and 2) Very unsafe for obvious control and weight reasons.

I also was a little nervous because that's when I used to run the old Quadra Jet carb on it. The Quadra Jet had been known to "hang open" more than once and in one of my very first high speed runs it actually did "hang open" at about 95 MPH. After stomping on it (trying to jar the cable loose) and only making things worse, I eventually had to kill the switch and coast to a stop on the side of the road. NOT A GOOD FEELING!

These days I hardly ever run the Camaros hard simply because I've tied too much $$$ and hard work up in them to take the chance of bending them up. That's why I want a newer Trans Am or something of that nature, so I can play around more.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I'd assume around 160-something in the 540...The speedo stops at 155 which is where it is originally limited to, but with the limiter removed my car does somewhere around 170 stock. I've brought it way past the 155 mark, so I'd assume in the 160's somewhere...

lool but all of you got those speeds in HUGGGEE cars, with very powerfull engines, i was in a small matches box (peugeot 106 rally edition) with an engine with 1.3L!! 120hp!!, the most powerful car that i've been on was a VW touareg 2.5 TDI 175 hp, and a Range Rover 2.5 HSE 165hp, ah and a mercedes E220 CDi and mercedes CLS 320 CDi those were the most powerfull cars that i've been on (dont forget that this isnt america -_-' powerfull cars are uncommun) lol

The sad thing is, though we may have the cars here to get the job done, finding enough road has become difficult.

I really wish I could afford a membership at this new club which is building a major roadcourse in the Poconos. I'd love to get a chance to find the limits of my cars without the worry of encountering some soccer-mom in a minivan on a cell phone.

The right thing to do is to take it to the track- we all know it . Hopefully, I'll find an affordable way to do that someday soon. I can enjoy going to the drags, but I want to drive on a roadcourse.

Fastest I've ever travelled: 104 mph in a 2006 Grand Caravan SXT on I-95 south of Florence, SC

Fastest I've ever personally driven: 83 mph on the Capital Beltway in the Sonoma.

Caprice was about 132 from my hand held gps

camaro 115

vibe 105

trucks 100

old 94 silverado 115

slightly modded 50th anniversary Vette 174

97 in my Sprint metro with 4 bottles of octane booster.

16 on a 1960s allis chamblers tractor Its the most scareiset thing i have ever done.

Also in a Lumina 3.8 police package i was doing 120 on the express way at 3 am and spun it sideways and drifted basically around the I 94 to I 696 ramp I have no idea to this day how i recovered that.

lool but all of you got those speeds in HUGGGEE cars, with very powerfull engines, i was in a small matches box (peugeot 106 rally edition) with an engine with 1.3L!! 120hp!!, the most powerful car that i've been on was a VW touareg 2.5 TDI 175 hp, and a Range Rover 2.5 HSE 165hp, ah and a mercedes E220 CDi and mercedes CLS 320 CDi those were the most powerfull cars that i've been on (dont forget that this isnt america -_-' powerfull cars are uncommun) lol

1995 Mazda Millenia... 2.5L V6 with 170 hp. Not very powerful in the least. Considering it has to lug around 3200lbs and is still able to hit atleast 125 mph... That's not bad. :P

I feel like a wuss compared to some of you guys....

115 in a Nova SS.....

110 In suped up 75 camaro...

110 In my old -s-10...

most of my other cars can't go that fast...

My wagon will go to 120...but the highest I've been is around 100...I'm afraid a door might fall off or something....

Hit 160 in a 06 Corvette. I don't know how many of you have been to Eastern North Dakota, but it is flat. No hills in site unless they are man-made. It is the norm for roads to be completely straight for 15 or 20 miles, so it is easy to get going fast. It was the middle of the night, on a county road, and I knew there wouldn't be any cops, so I pegged it. I got scared at 160, so I backed it down but still went about 130 all the way to the next town. I'm going to have to get my own car like that someday. So much fun.

110 MPH in my 1978 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight....thats when I was pulled over, in a wya it was good...seeing as how my speedometer only went up to 85, it was nice to know I had broken triple digits in a 3 speed auto

110 MPH in my 1978 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight....thats when I was pulled over, in a wya it was good...seeing as how my speedometer only went up to 85, it was nice to know I had broken triple digits in a 3 speed auto

Cool. I KNOW on more than one occasion that tired old 190K mile 307 Olds motor

in my 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham propelled me past 100mph, but I have

no idea just how fast I was going. The needle would go past 85 and then just dip

right off the indicator and the car would still be picking up speed. Those old BOF

Cadillacs have ridiculous gearing. I think 110 would be a good guess. That is a

hell of a lot of weight to propell at that velocity.

I haven't tried anything crazy with my '94 Lumina (90 is probably the fastest I've gone), but back when I was in high school with the '90 Lumina I gunned it on the way back from the golf course on an old paved county road. My speedo only went to 85 but I'm pretty sure I hit the Lumina's speed limiter because like Sixty8 said, the needle went way beyond 85 while the car was still gaining speed. I would guess anywhere from 105-110.

Cool. I KNOW on more than one occasion that tired old 190K mile 307 Olds motor

in my 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham propelled me past 100mph, but I have

no idea just how fast I was going. The needle would go past 85 and then just dip

right off the indicator and the car would still be picking up speed. Those old BOF

Cadillacs have ridiculous gearing. I think 110 would be a good guess. That is a

hell of a lot of weight to propell at that velocity.

There are parts of texas where the limit has been raised ti 85. You could always say "But officer, it only does 85! See?".

ive gone 114 in the old family van and about as fast in my old camry.

i just dont have the nerves to go that fast tho. it was on a long straight road and i got a ticket for 64 in a 40 so im cautious.

havent wound up my 03 envoy xlt tho id love to

92 mph in a 1976 Olds Cutlass Supreme 350 V-8 about halfway between Bakersfield CA and Tehachapi CA for a very short while, since my parents were in it. Also, don't like that sensation. It's just not safe.

Yes, there is a Tehachapi.

yeah my b bod only goes up to 85 but with a hand held gps and listening to the engine revs you can get an idea.

135 at about 3500-4000 rpm but i have a TH 200 4r and a 305. my car runs like a fricken yacht at those speeds every dip is multiplied to a 10-15 wave and your in a 15 foot paddle boat in the ocean. But after investing $431.50 toady in suspension parts it should be a lot better. but its stiff. Some Monroe Sensatrac shocks "ride like a coat handle like a sports car."