Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Accord Interior Shot

I think the interior is more of mixing of the current and last gen Accord's interiors into one. The A/C controls are similar to my 02 Accord and the "Y" design theme from the current car is still in there. It just looks more stretched out than it was on the current car. It's tough to beat the current Accord's interior as it's one of the best out there, and it looks like Honda may or may not have topped it with this pic. I'll wait till official pics come out before I pass full judgement but so far, it doesn't look bad, it just looks uninspiring.

when I first saw the steering wheel I was thinking, ah crap they're going to make it all goofy like the MDX's. But after looking closer, it looks like it is quite a bit toned down compared to the MDX. I like it actually.

I don't think I like it much. I really need to see a better picture, but I'm not digging the overall layout. I'm grateful they didn't go with the Civic's steering wheel.

I'm a bit disappointed. The current Accord had a classy, attractive interior. This one looks to be a direct lift from a Bangled BMW with a nip here, a tuck there, and some augmentation everywhere. I'm sure it will be a high-quality work, but I'm not liking it over the '08 Malibu's.

+1. Even the Buttons look same. Are Honda and GM sharing bins now?

I know the buttoms look the same. I dunno they might be. :scratchchin: Holden had it first then Pontiac... Now Honda, not often Honda takes a styling cue for Pontiac or GM. :AH-HA_wink:

Not impressed. I liked the Accords much better in the 80's and 90's when they were more simple and straitforward.

...and yes, Brian the Civic is much nicer by comparison.

Chris

Actually the Aura and the Fusion are more original in their overall approach.

Of the above (Aura, Fusion, BMW, Volkswagen, Malibu, Accord) I think that the Fusion is the most original of the lot.

Were it to be my money for a midsize car though...Aura.

Chris

it doesn't matter how cheesy this new accord looks on the inside, because the outside is so dull cheesy korean poor it looks crappy regardless

Let's let the fact that this thing is as ugly as a Tundra work for us...hell, the Accord is built here in Central Ohio and I almost never see them on the road even here.

Now if we can just keep putting Fusions and Auras and Malibu's into peoples hands we might change people's opinions some...

Chris

First off; that thing is god-awful. Secondly; I fail to see how this in ANY way is better than even the Camry interior, much less the very handsome new Malibu. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now though, simply because the picture is horrible.

Who was it again that mention the MKS having a goofy dash?!?! Just take a look at that horror...

I just can't get into the new Honda interiors, it's like they've went back to 1980 "futuristic" designs yet used materials from the 21st century. The designs look like an abortion from the first Terminator movie, nothing but dark hard poorly manufactured plastic with ugly digital layouts.

I'm sure it'll (in the words of ALL media) be "MUCH better than anything currently offered by any domestic automaker" and I'm sure it'll be showered with awards just like the crapline and civic.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

As much as I think of the new Accord's interior as uninspiring, I fail to see why everyone is heaping praise on the Malibu as if its clearly superior. Design wise I'd say yes, after sitting in the Aura however, material wise I predict no. The Aura's design is nice but everything feels like cheap plastic in there and I'm betting the Malibu's will have a very similar feel. Those expecting some sort of interior materials awesomeness from the Malibu I think will be disappointed.

Of the above (Aura, Fusion, BMW, Volkswagen, Malibu, Accord) I think that the Fusion is the most original of the lot.

Chris

Posted Image

This? Original? *busts out laughing*

Chris

Seriously? The Fusion's interior is a pretty chintzy place to be. The cheap, unintegrated radio, mid-90s climate controls, obvious dead buttons found in lower trim-levels, large panel gaps, clunky shifter, cheap-looking door panels, etc. all lend to a pretty cobbled-together appearance in my eyes...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Distinctive? I think the word you're looking for is derivative.

I think the Honda looks distinctive too.....

As much as I actually like it the dual cowl/two tone setup....derivative is how I'd classify Malibu's use of corporate-bin center stack controls, steering wheel, door panels (all with Aura.)

This is an LX or an SE. The lack of chrome rings on the controls, cloth seats, and manual tranny gives it away. Without a look at the outside to see if it is a 4 or 6, I would guess four which for Honda means an even cheaper interior. For example, the last model had a DX which meant everything cheap no chrome, LED gauges were replaced with std. backlights, radio was down graded, interior fabrics were different. LX SE was one step better with LEDs, cloth tthe same as the LX, and better radio. LX had upgraded trim (wood or "pluminum"). EX 4 no nav meant leather and better trim. EX V-6 no nav meant fabric covered A, B, C pillars. EX-NAV meant top of the line trims with all of the afformentioned upgrades.

Look for this model to have the same treatments.

Simply put, we are panning a cheap interior. And because this is the cheap model and being compared to a BMW, I would say this is success!

The Fusion doesn't have the best interior (and the lighter colors are an absolute bitch to keep clean) but it isn't horrible, it is incredibly functional and has great cupholders. Mine also has no squeaks or rattles and is very quiet on the highway. Better integration of the radio and HVAC would be nice (and is supposedly coming) and some extra dressing on the gaugues would help a bit. I've heard complaints that the HVAC controls were mounted too low, but I will pay that price for the dash top storage bin. The SEL with leather acceptable for the $22k sticker(SEL FWD 4cyl manual) and more than acceptable for the $18-19k you would actually be able to buy the car for. The I4 appearence package adds red accents to the interior and actually looks sharp.

As I recall the Fusion had soft-touch surfaces on teh lower dash, most (if not all) mid-size competitors don't have that...it's hard plastic.

To me, the Fusion's only weak area is the center stack, and the engine. They've got an engine for it, they just need to put it in, and then they just need to redo the center stack.