Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MyerShift

Loss of a Friend

57 posts in this topic

It's a Looong read!

So, I lost the friendship of someone that I honestly thought was my best friend over the course of the last month and a half.

My former friend's name is Dustin to start off, and we were friends for six years; all through high school and up until this year.

I had always questioned his orientation due to things he did, tried to do to me, and what not. Of course, this person was my one "exception to the rule" but I never did anything for my own obvious reasons.

Anyway, after an interesting ride back one evening from a local dirt racing track, I had gotten the answer I had wanted. Yes, he was/is a bit of a closet case.

One evening around a month later (June now), I had stopped by his girlfriend's (and she, Michelle, is a friend of mine as well) and was talking to her. She asked what was new with me, and I said that most of my new stuff had happened within the last month. She inquired, and I only told her really of dating my (now) ex-girlfriend Meagan. Then I made the mistake of saying that Meagan was jealous according to my friend Curtis of me hanging out with Dustin so much both at and outside of work. Somehow Michelle put things together, and due to things that she has heard from other people, inquired Dustin about his past and his sexuality.

Of course, it ended up being all my fault, and he called me at work and said that I was not welcome around anymore, etc. That really did, as my friend Jenny put it, broke my heart. He was supposed to be my best friend. Work sent me home at 10:30 that morning because I was basically dead that day.

So, after the intial shock and pain, I got over that and made an effort for one month to resolve the problem/misunderstanding. During this month, I had stopped up to DQ with Meagan, and asked him about it. Dustin said that he was pretty much set and didn't want any drama.

So I waited and continued to put forth an effort.

Finally, I got pissed and decided that I had nothing to lose afterall, and decided to finish things MY way.

I went to Michelle's and told her just the one situation, and not all of the other stories that I could have. So, I ousted his ass and proceded to tell everyone at work (McD's) about it.

Then the supervisors at DQ (my second job) had to know as well so he would try to fire me since Dustin is a supervisor as well.

Well, the owners had to be told about this, and word in a small town like Coldwater spreads fast anyway.

So Dustin was one wrong move away from being fired regarding my situation and a friend of mine there, Bryan, said that he could have him fired with two words. Sexual harrassment. Apparently Dustin grabbed Bryan's ass on the second day he worked!

Anyway, the other night when I wasn't there, but was told about it, Dustin was talking about Bryan, and what it regarded was totally sexual harrassment.

Apparently, Dustin is going to be fired right before he returns to school. I hope I'm there to watch!!!

So what's the lesson learned here? Don't ignore or reject me because things are finished my way. And if I'm not happy when something is finished, it probably doesn't bode well for whomever it concerns. Meagan said she was afraid to dump me because of what I did to Dustin.

Don't get me wrong, I'll bend over backwards for my friends, just never betray me.

Peace!

I must have misread the title, I thought it said "loss of a friend" and NOT "i'm a life destroying vengeful bitch when I don't get my own way" - sorry, my mistake.

I'm glad you're not my friend! :nono:

That's three votes.

It amazes me how inconsiderate you are.

Edited by REDO1GPGT

Let me get this straight (no pun intended.)

YOU are calling SOMEONE else a closet case? You..as in the guy who always went out of his way to say that your sexuality was no one's business even when it was painfully obvious you were struggling with being gay.

So this guy is having the same struggles and you decide to out him to the whole world because he won't be your boyfriend?

You've pretty much just broken every rule there is to break.

Edited by Chris_Doane

Geeze, Chas and I were together for 2 years and had a house together before he cheated on me with a 68 year old man. He's in the military... I'm angry and vengeful but I'm not going to the Army to out him.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Stories like this make me...

1. Not want to make new friends, and

2. Hide my closet skeletons very, very carefully.

Stories like this make me...

1. Not want to make new friends, and

2. Hide my closet skeletons very, very carefully.

You hit it right on the head... That is why I have been so careful about what I say about myself on here and what I reveal. And unfortunately, sometimes your own friends can be your worst enemies...

I am not gay and I want to kick your ass for this...the guy is struggling - just like you are- and you out him? Wow. I would seriously watch your back (no pun intended). Not Cool.

And, after 6 years, you were not his friend.

I'm not going to pass judgment on Myershift... but I will comment that I think Dustin will be better off in the long run.

The necessary bridges have been burned and he finally has the initiative to outwardly become the man he already is inside.

Let's just hope he's ready for the journey.

I am just very, very sorry to hear that this kind of crap still goes on in the world.

I was 'outed' when I was 16 at the department store where I worked. I confided in a female friend that I was gay, and as soon as our break was over the entire store knew about me. It created quite the panic.

It spread through my entire school the next day (many of my co-workers went to my highschool) and by the end of that day I had no 'friends,' except (ironically) a Jehovah's Witness kid in my English class, who was a bit of an outcast anyway.

It turned out fine for me in the end: I left home about 8 months later and forged all new (gay) friends. New school. New town. And boyfriend!

But it can be very traumatic, for sure. Not the recommended thing to do, in my books.

Dude, you are seriously messed up. I hope you actually realize what you've done someday and feel the anguish you've caused another human being.

Wow what an awful person! I'm speechless!!

I hope Meagan never dumps you or we might have our first murderer on C&G. Psychopath!!

Edited by frogger

I predict you'll regret this, Mr. Shift.

Dude, you know this is your fault for not being able to keep your mouth shut? I'd be pissed too if I told you some secret I trusted you with and you blurt it out to teh first person who'll listen.

And the rest...not cool.

What I do not understand is that in what way did anyone betray you?

You were the one who had a big mouth for even a dumb kid to read between the lines. All Michelle had to do is to join the dots no wonder you will be blamed for telling about Dustin.

So moral of the story, you F*ck up, you F*cked up, you became F*cked up and you call others to F*ck off??

Peace really!!!

charming story. maybe he'll kill himself, and you can bask in that little bit of "good news" as well.

:censored:

No replies from you yet? Hmmmm, wonder why...Disgusting doesn't even began to categorize what you've done. Did he turn you down or something and "denial" made you act like this?

should this thread have been closed quickly after it was opened?

sounds like sexual harassment might have been a better way to go. ... and there are few girls/ladies that can keep secrets, for real.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0