Lamar

GM @ NYIAS '08: Pontiac G8 GXP

93 posts in this topic

Link

Mods, let this be a placeholder until they come up with more pictures.

In the meantime, now all of you can stop kvetching about there not being a manual and start wondering if that HP rating is understated. :P

Edited by Lamar

I have to disagree, Lamar, with your "fix'd" comment. This car has got its big, hairy balls fully intact and swingin', baby! :AH-HA_wink:

I have to disagree, Lamar, with your "fix'd" comment. This car has got its big, hairy balls fully intact and swingin', baby! :AH-HA_wink:

BAH, you know what I meant! :rolleyes:

I hope it's not the same friggin' mistake like the '06 G6 GTP again: To get the manual you have to get the most expensive one.

Edited by ToniCipriani

Looks good...looks like they didn't let the G6 GXP stylists near it (no big F&F style wing or oversized grilles).

Whoa nice! Corvette V-8? Roll your own gears? Now we're talking!

A better plan would be to kill Pontiac off, and bring Holden's entire lineup here. :AH-HA_wink:

I say bring Holden's entire line up here - and rebadge them as Pontiacs. Wait a second.... :scratchchin:

:lol:

I say bring Holden's entire line up here - and rebadge them as Pontiacs. Wait a second.... :scratchchin:

:lol:

You seemed shocked yesterday to see me outside of C&G! What's up with that? :smilewide:

Whoa nice! Corvette V-8? Roll your own gears? Now we're talking!

... and still the 6A for those of us who never had any opportunity whatsoever to learn how to row our own boats 8 1/2 years ago. 8)

Edited by Lamar

well done GM. looks like a pontiac, but isn't so overdone like the G6 GXP. very nice. BLUE please!

It's probably going to be doing the quarter in under 13 seconds. That's pretty impressive.

This almost makes me want to sell my GTO and get a G8 GXP... almost. Sell the Coupe 60, and almost, would turn into definately.

Though, why only 402hp? The 6.0L in my GTO makes 400. Hopefully final numbers are edged up to 415-420 range.

This almost makes me want to sell my GTO and get a G8 GXP... almost. Sell the Coupe 60, and almost, would turn into definately.

Though, why only 402hp? The 6.0L in my GTO makes 400. Hopefully final numbers are edged up to 415-420 range.

I hope you do realize that the improvements of the LS3 over the LS2 make it a better performer, and adding a few more hp is just weener waggling.

I hope you do realize that the improvements of the LS3 over the LS2 make it a better performer, and adding a few more hp is just weener waggling.

They should have done at least 425hp to be comparable with the Charger SRT8, though.

I'd buy it!!!

Wish they would've done a bit more though...

Looking at the G6 GXP... It's probably a good thing they didn't. :P

lots of mags have had the gt running faster than a srt-8 so the gxp will smoke those srts.

Jeremy Clarkson drove the 414 hp Vauxhall VXR version of this car, and thought it was fun to drive because of the massive power and ability to do power slides. Although he thought the exterior was kind of boring and the interior was as well, and too much cheap gray to it. And it wasn't as good as a 5-series.

If Pontaic/Holden/Vauxhall say Zeta is supposed to compete with the 5-series, and is just as good at performance/handling. Then aren't they saying the the G8/VXR/Commodore are better than the CTS?

Plus the G8 is 196+ inches long, it is very close in overall and wheelbase length to the STS or just 1-2 inches shorter than a 7-series or Lexus LS. Which is on the big side for a car that is aimed at performance.

Edited by smk4565

i thought this car was not getting the shifter plagued tremec? is or has it been improved?

never mind, it says they shortened the throws and improved the action.

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor