Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wildcat

[ Real ] Buick Invicta Concept

118 posts in this topic

I know the USA is slowly dying cause of regulations, but why can't these awesome buicks be shown here first.

please come to the US! i know its a teaser, but it looks good!

I'd say it's a safe bet to say it'll be coming Stateside. :AH-HA_wink:

Yes, especially since they said they'll be aligning Buick NA with Buick China.

Think this is a more direct 2010 LaCrosse preview? Cause I'm not sure what to think, but even though its a little bit 'lined' and tame , it is good to see the sweepsear back!!!!! Here's the styling renaissance we've asked for since the 1970's!

that's definitely the Lacrosse. check the second statement in that press release, direct from Buick China, it's "a premium vehicle with internation appeal." Of course they're going to be blunt with you, they are proud of thier baby. and the fact that it will be sold in America, and likely going to be popular, or at least in thier minds so far.

Amazing that it's being called Invicta, I'm pretty sure I remember thegriffon saying the new EP II Buick won't be called Lacrosse and it won't be called Regal. So this is definitely the new name. And it wouldn't be a fullsize Buick Zeta, too early, China already has the Park Ave, and that one isn't doing so well over there. So it's definitely the next Lacrosse being revealed very soon!

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree. This is NOT the NG LaCrosse; we've already seen spy shots of that (the white 4-door) and these vehicles look nothing alike. If anything, this new Invicta concept has the same roofline as the Holden Coupe 60.

Edited by wildcat

Hopefully Buick NA with use the old names like Buick China. Especially the names that bring back pride for such a great brand.

I'd say it's a safe bet to say it'll be coming Stateside. :AH-HA_wink:

I can only hope! I'm sick of seeing Buicks we'll never get.

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree. This is NOT the NG LaCrosse; we've already seen spy shots of that (the white 4-door) and these vehicles look nothing alike. If anything, this new Invicta concept has the same roofline as the Holden Coupe 60.

I agree, this is not the LaCrosse.

This is the concept version of the LaCrosse, turbo is correct. I'm almost 100% sure. The profile matches the LaCrosse/whatever they're going to call it perfectly.

Whatever it is, it looks pretty interesting...I like the classic Buick sweepspear on the side and love the name. Nothing wrong with using 'heritage' names, IMHO... I love the names Invicta and Electra in particular.

(by the way, here's a geek factoid--I have the computers on my home network named Impala, Catalina, Ventura, Invicta, and Electra-- '60s GM big-car names that end in 'a').

This is the concept version of the LaCrosse, turbo is correct. I'm almost 100% sure. The profile matches the LaCrosse/whatever they're going to call it perfectly.

Just to be sure that I understand you guys... underneath that black camouflage on the side of the white 4-door NG LaCrosse spyshots is a sweepspear? Is it a chrome piece? Is it molded into the body sheet metal? Does it stick out from the side or is it flat to the touch?

Why would they make a "concept" for the NG LaCrosse, when they've already said the Riviera "concept" previews it?

Are you sure this Invicta isn't forecasting the Lucerne replacement?

Elsewhere, reports are that it is a "coupe-like" sedan; that the vehicle is all but certain to become a production model; and that all Buicks will be made to be sold in China and NA.

ADDED THOUGHT: Jalopnik says that it is a full-size luxury sedan.

Edited by wildcat

ADDED THOUGHT: Jalopnik says that it is a full-size luxury sedan.

I'm guessing it's a concept for the next Lucerne..it looks bigger than a LaCrosse/Epsy II Regal will be..

I'm guessing it's a concept for the next Lucerne..it looks bigger than a LaCrosse/Epsy II Regal will be..

That's totally what I'm thinking.

I don't understand why CAFE rules out Zeta... why can't we get a hot full-size zeta, DI 3.6, or 3.6L turbo, 6A--that's decent fuel economy for a full-size vehicle.

This is definitely the Lucerne replacement. They are throwing a concept out to guage design critique for the production model. The LaCrosse (Whatever) is definitely mid-sized and way too far along for a concept. Is Zeta definitely out of the picture on this one? The current Chinese Park Avenue utilizes this platform.

Looks like a LWB zeta to me. With better sheetmetal.

I just got done reading an article on the Detroit News website, "Buick unveils concept car sketches; Tiger Woods golf ball art" by Eric Morath. Here are a few interesting quotes from it:

" . . . The Invicta is a step toward bringing back a sporty Riviera-like car to Buick's production lineup, Edward Welburn, vice president for GM Global Design said . . . "

" . . . The new product is designed to meet the needs to both drivers in America, and China . . . "

" . . . This is a showcase for our global design direction," he [ Welburn ] said . . . "

" . . . Welburn said he could envision both a coupe and a sedan version of a potential production vehicle . . . "

To read the entire piece, click here.

I want a full-size RWD sedan in Buick's lineup. It IS Buick to me. That is what I think of when I think Buick.

for one, EP II Lacrosse will be big, full size even, it's on the long wheel-base version of Epsilon II. Why would GM show a concept version of the Lucerne replacement, when that car when it was scheduled to be released in 2010-2011 timeframe, so we would have another situation like the Camaro and Solstice. Currently, there hasn't been any confirmation that the Lucerne Zeta is still even on, but there has been talks that both the Cadillac Zeta and Buick Zeta are questionable. The Zeta Buick in China is already out, and it's not doing well, at all. That doesn't mean their won't be another one coming, but it's yet another reason why this car is EP II and not Zeta.

GM as of late previews most of thier production cars with concept cars, this is pretty common practice for them; CT coupe, BRX, 9-4x, 9-1 Biohybrid, Flextreme previewing Astra, and we'll have an Insignia concept soon etc etc. They do this all the time and it's global! and they try to stick to a formula of concept car one year before production car. I don't see any new Buick sedan coming out next year except EP II.

There's no doubt in my mind this is EP II. Furthermore, even Welburn's comments from wildcat that he would like to see coupe and sedan. We've already seen a coupe on EP II, Riviera and Opel GTC, it's definitely being set up to support coupes, Buick can support a 'full-size' luxury coupe like the Riviera in China based on its emerging middle class.

Even though it has the Hofmeister kink of BMW that is also used with the G8, this is simply a really commonly used styling cue. I have no qualms with the spy shots, they showed nothing, and could have been covered with rough panels to blur out the lines. Remember, Lutz said this car was "amazing" or "phenomonal", he used a really strong word to support it.

Edited by turbo200

Now that I look at the 2010 LaCrosse spyshots again, it is possible this is just a teaser of the LaCrosse. This teaser made me envision a much longer, sleeker car than the spyshots of the LaCrosse... but again, after looking at the LaCrosse spyshots, it looks potentially like the teaser.

ah, yes 'mind-boggling' this is why it was ringing in my mind as really strong descriptive. thanks

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0