Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blake Noble

Is it just me ...

52 posts in this topic

Is it just me or has things really slowed down over the past few months?

It seems we had an abundance of new posts being made back around November of last year. Now everything has slowed down to a trickle.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Is it just me or has things really slowed down over the past few months?

It seems we had an abundance of new posts being made back around November of last year. Now everything has slowed down to a trickle.

Things get busy around auto show time and new model year releases...not much going on now..

Things get busy around auto show time and new model year releases...not much going on now..

True.

But it seemed that, not too long ago, the participation in these forums was constantly on a level that we have seen when the 2008 Auto Show information was being posted. Then when auto show-related posts did get posted, things would just be constantly bustling.

I think a lot of the drama lately turned some people off.

My post counts are going down... less interesting topics. Can't really pin it down exactly - I'm checking the site about as often as I used to, I'm just finding myself without as much to say. :scratchchin:

^ I agree, and still am posting for the good of GM! ^ :withstupid::Toyota::cheers:

Yeah, it feels kinda moody around here. Like VonVee said, I think it's the drama around here that kinda makes the place a downer these days.

im going against the tide.. ive become a bit of a post whore lately :P

Recent Pontiac threads have me riled pretty bad. I decided not to continue with my rants, for now. I said what I needed to say. Sometimes it's just not fun to continue to state the obvious, over and over.

im going against the tide.. ive become a bit of a post whore lately :P

I'm guilty of that myself...I've been averaging almost 6 posts a day...got to throttle back and chill.

I still check the forum all the time but I have noticed it has become quieter, since about the time Fly left.

Edited by Dodgefan

I still check the forum all the time but I have noticed it has become quieter, since about the time everything turned into a bitchfest and C&G quite being better than GMI

Fixed

...everything turned into a bitchfest and C&G quite being better than GMI

Um, no.

GMI was never as good as C&G, and never will be.

Yeah, I've noticed that, too.

I am busier at my new job, so I don't have time to lounge around as much.

Personally, I've found less meat on this site than, say, 3 years ago, but that could be because I was new then and I found lots of links to news articles (remember the LA Times/GM scandal? That wasn't even covered up here in Canada) and things that helped me battle import humpers up here. The Great White North is securely in the lap of Japan Inc: almost none of the bad Toyota, Honda, etc. press get any coverage up here, so C&G was a big help in directing me to the juicy places to locate the truth.

For those of us semi-post whores (3,000 in 3 years ain't that bad is it? :unsure: ), some of the topics have been beaten to death and I find it difficult not to get impatient when newbies come on board, all full of piss & vinegar. (Makes me wonder how some of you longer term posters must have felt when I was new, 3 years ago :lol: )

The drama doesn't bother me. We've all seen the know-it-alls come and go. I just learn to ignore them, comfortable in the knowledge that they will get bored and move on.

EEK - I just realized it just passed FOUR years since I joined. My, my, my - where has the time flown?

Edited by CARBIZ

I have been here for quite sometime. I joined back around late '03 or early '04, under a different username than this one, and I never quite remember traffic being at the low it is at right now. It was always busy around here.

I know it has for me. There is one person who visits this forum with the sole intention of stirring up trouble and has repeatedly said he is leaving... any day now.... just... wait.... for.........it.

I know it has for me. There is one person who visits this forum with the sole intention of stirring up trouble and has repeatedly said he is leaving... any day now.... just... wait.... for.........it.

Let's not point fingers at any individual who has joined these forums.

If we start playing the blame game, this thread will get closed by the admins, and I would rather it stay open.

I'm not saying he's had the same effect on everyone... just that he has that effect on me. I come here less because of him.

Don't forget that the weather is just now getting nice and folks are spending time outdoors.

For me, that means it is the busy season so my online time is much reduced.

Haven't really noticed much "drama" when I've been on.

Haven't really noticed much "drama" when I've been on.

Same.

I think board activity has hit an all time low this past week.

Yeah I noticed this... It'll ebb and flow though.

Oldtime 'car' builder checking in. There was more vitality here in '05-'06. I'm not being judgemental, but I believe that the socioeconomic forces at work are truly altering the passion we've had for cars. Not the same as in my youth. For example, I can't comprehend the excitement over a well executed sedan. Does nothing for me. I've seen those slippery Pontiac G8's whooshing purposefully past me on the Interstate. Beautiful cars. But seeing a late model, well maintained Z28, WS6 Firebird or Firehawk gets the blood pounding.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0