HarleyEarl

Speculation: Chrysler to Declare Bankruptcy

66 posts in this topic

Read today, in the newspaper, that there is speculation out there that Chrysler is getting ready to declare bankruptcy.

Heard an official denial of this on the radio this evening.

Speculation is such a dirty word these days.

If true, of course they'd deny it....but where there is smoke there is fire....I think something is up.

Good, then maybe I wont have to see a lot full of unsold Nitros on my way in to work everyday.

I saw a rumor that there is speculation Chrysler is about to buy GM for pennies on the dollar.... GM is gone in the next few weeks.

I heard speculation that cat barf will be worth it's weight in gold within the next few months. A friend of a friend's mother's sister's aunt's uncles, nephew's father 6 times removed swears he heard about it on a radio station that was very staticy and in Russian.

Edited by Dodgefan

Are these speculations by the same people who speculated that buying funds based low interest mortgages was the next big thing?

Speculation is such a dirty word these days.

aye, speculation they say partly the reason oil is $140 a barrel... trading on speculation

I heard speculation that cat barf will be worth it's weight in gold within the next few months. A friend of a friend's mother's sister's aunt's uncles, nephew's father 6 times removed swears he heard about it on a radio station that was very staticy and in Russian.

its true comrade in russia liter of cat barf buy kidney on black market

Oh boy if they do, GM should jettison HUMMER and buy Jeep to replace it.

If Chrysler keeps GM they might look at that, but I thought Hummer was already gone?

I read it in some cat puke on Ebay.....

Oh boy if they do, GM should jettison HUMMER and buy Jeep to replace it.

I'm with you on this, the Jeep brand is a good one and it would be a perfect replacement for the Hummer division.

GM can't handle the brands it has, it would probably make Jeep worse than it is now, replacing the good Jeeps with Opels or some stupid thing like that.

I heard speculation that cat barf will be worth it's weight in gold within the next few months.

The google is your friend.

cat_vomit_warning_sign.jpg

GM can't handle the brands it has, it would probably make Jeep worse than it is now, replacing the good Jeeps with Opels or some stupid thing like that.

+1 Let's not add to the Clusterf*ck by having to integrate brands... but that in and of itself is jumping the gun because I hope that the situation never presents itself.

I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but I would love to see Chrysler LLC join forces with Renault/Nissan. The Dodge and Chrysler divisions could really benefit from having access to some of Nissan's platforms. Although this alternative is not as attractive as a fully independent Chrysler, this alternative would at least provide Chrysler with a fighting chance to stay alive. I think Daimler has left them in such a hopeless mess that Chrysler will never fully recover on their own. They will need some serious attention and assistance from another car company in order to survive and hopefully thrive.

The advantages to Renault/Nissan would be expanded production capability and an improved opportunity to bring Renault back to the U.S. through an enlarged dealer network.

By August 04, 2008 we will know.

I sure hope Chrysler doesn't axe the Corvette when the takeover happens.

The Viper will be the top of the line performance car, Chrysler might put the Corvette out to pasture, that would sure be sad.

I guess we will see August 4th!

Edited by CMG

I sure hope Chrysler doesn't axe the Corvette when the takeover happens.

The Viper will be the top of the line performance car, Chrysler might put the Corvette out to pasture, that would sure be sad.

I guess we will see August 4th!

Uh, do you mean Corvette when you say Viper and vice versa? :huh:

Well, we have no industry other than paper shuffling Wall Street left in this country, so we might as well as sit on our asses and SPECULATE the place into a frenzy to see who we can F*CK out of money next.

My :twocents:

I hope this country burns.

Throw the Wall Street hacks out onto the curb. They serve no other purpose than to destroy what is left of the middle and working class in this country.

Well, we have no industry other than paper shuffling Wall Street left in this country, so we might as well as sit on our asses and SPECULATE the place into a frenzy to see who we can F*CK out of money next.

My :twocents:

I hope this country burns.

Everyday I feel more and more this way...or to quote a song "I have an American dream, but it involves black masks and gasoline"

Oh gawd can we grow up a little? Just because RWD/BOF/V8 cars are history is no means the end of the world.

I bet the complainers have never ever bought brand new cars, and shop at Walmart, so go cry a river.

Edited by Chicagoland

Oh gawd can we grow up a little? Just because RWD/BOF/V8 cars are history is no means the end of the world.

I bet the complainers have never ever bought brand new cars, and shop at Walmart, so go cry a river.

Does anything intelligible ever come out from between your lips? :rolleyes:

If you were smart you would be worried at the signs of any possible Chrysler bankruptcy.