Trimnell1

Buick Enclave is the name of the Lambda crossover

59 posts in this topic

Let's test this out:

Buick Enclave Super

Buick Enclave Reserve

Buick Enclave Gran Sport Stage 1

hmmm.....

Decent name, but I still don't know why they got rid Vous.

enclave

I don't get it.....

I don't like it at all. <_<

According to this article, some Lambda's will come equipped with a 4-Cylinder engine. From the looks of these vehicles, I doubt the current stable of 4's will be able to get these seven-seaters moving...not good! Can't say I'm enthusiastic about the "Enclave" name, but it sure beats Lucerne (safeway milk).

Errrr... I don't like it at all. It's the same reason why I don't like the Hyundai Entourage name...the name fits the vehicle a little too much. I can't wait to see pictures, though, as usual. I didn't know I4s were going to be in the crossovers.

Enclave, eh? Seems to fit with the cocconing trend..

ok...now this name is just plan ridicilous...lucerne and lacrosse are acceptable..but enclave? give me a damn break

I find it interesting how the majority is so quick to dislike something. Its just a car name for crying out loud. I kind of like it. It has a good sound to it. I'm assuming those who dont like the name are the same people that wish they reuse the Rendezvous name. If it ends up being a completely different design direction then the Rendezvous then a new name is an appropriate decision. Especially given the fact that Buick is revitalizing their entire lineup and dropping all its previous names. I mean, Century, Park Avenue, LeSaber have all been around for years and they all got the axe. Its a new Buick so its out with the old in with the new.

I could live with the name, but I not a big fan of it. I still think it's stupid to throw away a realitively new and nice name, like the Rendevous.

Not a great name, but could be worse. Enclave conjures up images of a smug, uppity section of suburbia.

Let's test this out:

Buick Enclave Super

Buick Enclave Reserve

Buick Enclave Gran Sport Stage 1

hmmm.....

[post="35565"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I like ocnblu, except of course, for the Gran Sport Stage I, lol. But why did they replace the Rendezvous name with something like Enclave? Edited by Mule Bakersdozen LS

Krist. GM must be itching to flush the Buick Division down the shitter. Could they try any LESS?! :angry: Edited by Sixty8panther

Rendezvous is such a tremendously appropriate name. Not only does it sound good and fit with the pseudo European naming scheme, but it describes accurately what the vehicle is...a meeting - or rendezvous of a car, van, and SUV.

Enclave is a very, very poor choice. Centieme would've been better, which isn't saying much.

What the hell? Yes it does give you that sense of that stuck up part of town, which may be what they are going for but still. If it is a good solid vehicle people will be interested but you had bette nail marketing with this one. Come on Buick give us what we want. Ill take my GRAND NATIONAL in any color as long as its black thank you very much.

No 4-cylinders for Lambda's, they were referring to the other, smaller crossovers.  The Cadillac and Chevrolet were cool.

[post="35656"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I didn't think so...I assume they would be nice, but I'm sure they will be porky.. :(

Thank you!  Ditto, I'm with you.  I like the Rendezvous name, but it does have some baggage and Buick is better off starting with a new name.

[post="35727"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

baggage? what baggage?

Not a great name, but could be worse.  Enclave conjures up images of a smug, uppity section of suburbia.

[post="35638"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Funny that you say that because I thought the same thing. There's a new subdivision in my hometown going up called The Enclave...nice homes but I get the feeling that they are ceretainly smug and uppity....but I still think the name is decent (maybe uppity is what Buick was aiming for)

Funny that you say that because I thought the same thing.  There's a new subdivision in my hometown going up called The Enclave...nice homes but I get the feeling that they are ceretainly smug and uppity....but I still think the name is decent (maybe uppity is what Buick was aiming for)

[post="35751"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No maybe about it. Lutz has indicated in the past that Buick is to compete with Lexus. There is not doubt that Lexus is an uppity brand.

There are a few high end gated neighborhoods here with Enclave in their name.

I think this will work.

"Enclave" sucks. It may sound uppity to GM marketers, but it sounds "fearful" to me. Then again, "fearful" is exactly what many Americans are nowadays. What do you think big SUVs with women drivers, gated suburban communities, and a "back yard focus" to most new homes built today say at a subconscious level??? It says that we are partly a nation of hedonistic ninnies. So, the positive sounding "Rendezvous" is out, while the martial sounding (reminds me of the killing in Nagorno-Karabakh) "Enclave" is in. If GM was marketing sushi they would call it "cold dead fish." Anyway, at the least the car itself looks to be a winner. people will get past the name (especially the ninnies).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0