Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northstar

2010 Lexus RX

57 posts in this topic

I had seen pics of the exterior before, first interior pics I've seen..that centre stack is bold.

I don't think this SUV has ever been good enough for it to have been "ruined", sorry.

toyota/lexus looks like hyundai because of the Great Homogenization. Generica version 5.0.

Hoofda!- that interior has all the class of a high school shop project. Lookit the tiny cheap little pedals hanging there- corolla parts bin specials ??

Disasterous.

Unfortunately, this is the general theme to come- wacky-n-tacky cause everything else has been done already...

I saw this thing at the auto show. It's like Hyundai looked at the last RX, liked it, wanted to make a knockoff of it, then Toyota looked at the Veracruz, liked it, and made a knockoff of a knockoff.

It's terrible, and that center stack is no better.

It will still sell though.

Edited by Dodgefan

other than looking too car like, WTF on the inlet just below the grill?

interior is different, but does look mostly cheap. lol

This one is ugly, but all the other ones were ugly too and they sold those. I think they have a 3rd row seat now, but I bet it is tiny.

I think this new one is 188-189 inches long, 275 hp from the 3.5 V6 and about 4100 pounds. That power to weight ratio isn't bad, better than most SUVs. The sad thing is Cadillac will try to make a generic front drive SRX to compete, and will fail at it.

Edited by smk4565

This one is ugly, but all the other ones were ugly too and they sold those. I think they have a 3rd row seat now, but I bet it is tiny.

I think this new one is 188-189 inches long, 275 hp from the 3.5 V6 and about 4100 pounds. That power to weight ratio isn't bad, better than most SUVs. The sad thing is Cadillac will try to make a generic front drive SRX to compete, and will fail at it.

The other ones were not ugly, and had at least pretty decent interiors.

And how is the new SRX generic?

x10ca_sr002-1280.jpg

x10ca_sr003-1280.jpg

Cadillac_Provoq_Concept_2008_07.jpg

I'd say it's much better looking than the RX and the interior is looking like it will be pretty good.

If anything is 'generic', its the most commonplace 'lux' SUV on the road.

And no one who drives an rx has any idea which wheels are moving the vehicle.

BTW- C&D recently ran a 8 $50K SUV comparison and ranked them thusly :

1. acura mdx

2. Cadillac SRX

3. bmw x5

4. mercedes ml350

5. toyota gx470

6. volvo xc90

7. volks touareg

8. land rover lr3

If magazine reviews carry any weight with you, you might want to check it out.

I expect the '10 SRX to show the same class advances the CTS has in its.

The exterior is bland--interior is a mess.

The exterior looks about the same as the last generations...but I have NEVER laughed out loud at an interior pic.

I think this one might just be too Asian-bizarre for mainstream American sensibilities.

Whoa, in that front 3/4 view it really looks rinkydink, like it's going to tip over. And that interior? Simply hideous.

I guarantee everyone is going to qualify the interior because it's "funky" and "different". I really would like to hear some honest reviews about this--but unfortunately since it's a Lexus they'll praise them for trying something so bold with the interior.

Minor nitpick: Why would you go from LED taillights to incandescent bulbs?

Well I'll say this for Lexus, they made the new SRX look 1000x better in comparison, and I didn't even care for the new SRX.

The other ones were not ugly, and had at least pretty decent interiors.

And how is the new SRX generic?

I'd say it's much better looking than the RX and the interior is looking like it will be pretty good.

Front wheel drive, looks too much in shape like a 9-4x, Equinox, Terrain, Vue. It is more rounded than the current SRX which people find bland. No one can out-bland Lexus, and the SRX just doesn't look that unique or expensive. Compared to an X5 or ML350 the SRX looks kind of plasticy and cheap. There is a good 6 inch wide piece of black plastic that surrounds the whole bottom of the SRX, that is something a Ford Explorer would do, and the Range Rover doesn't, so who is Cadillac aspiring to.

Edited by smk4565

BTW- C&D recently ran a 8 $50K SUV comparison and ranked them thusly :

1. acura mdx

2. Cadillac SRX

3. bmw x5

4. mercedes ml350

5. toyota gx470

6. volvo xc90

7. volks touareg

8. land rover lr3

I expect the '10 SRX to show the same class advances the CTS has in its.

But that SRX has a better interior than what the 2010 has, plus it is REAR DRIVE and has a V8. The 2010 is a front-drive V6 on a glorified Equinox platform. It is Lincoln MKX part 2. The current SRX has won more awards than any Cadillac in history, the new one will win zero. The Lexus won't win any awards either, except for JD Power quality.

Edited by smk4565

But that SRX has a better interior than what the 2010 has, plus it is REAR DRIVE and has a V8. The 2010 is a front-drive V6 on a glorified Equinox platform. It is Lincoln MKX part 2. The current SRX has won more awards than any Cadillac in history, the new one will win zero. The Lexus won't win any awards either, except for JD Power quality.

Again, I don't care for the SRX but as usual, much of your post is based on assumptions (pulling things out of your ass) and not facts.

Also, the Acura won that test, it's based on a FWD platform.

Edited by Dodgefan

Umm what has changed on the outside?

The RX platform is basically unchanged for three generations. That is getting close to the W body class. Yes it is being "updated" but so did the W bodies.

Umm what has changed on the outside?

The RX platform is basically unchanged for three generations.

Does anyone really know that? Or is it based on the current Highlander? Or does anyone but the most rabid Toyota fan really care? :)

Edited by moltar

Does anyone really know that? Or is it based on the current Highlander? Or does anyone but the most rabid Toyota fan really care? :)

Both Highlander and RX are based on the modified Camry Platform which went through a thorough overhaul in 1994-5.

Both Highlander and RX are based on the modified Camry Platform which went through a thorough overhaul in 1994-5.

The Camry has gone through two redesigns since then, though. I would think they would have updated it since then (but since it's just a generic FWD platform, I'm not sure what they could 'update'...)

The Camry has gone through two redesigns since then, though. I would think they would have updated it since then (but since it's just a generic FWD platform, I'm not sure what they could 'update'...)

True that but the underpinnings were not thoroughly overhauled that is what I meant.

It's hilarious that Toyota sticks its shifter up on the center console like they do in the Sienna. If I'm buying a luxury crossover, I don't want a dainty little shifter in the same spot as a $28,000 minivan.

I didn't realize how cheap the 2010 SRX looks until I saw those pictures.

I don't think this SUV has ever been good enough for it to have been "ruined", sorry.

toyota/lexus looks like hyundai because of the Great Homogenization. Generica version 5.0.

Hoofda!- that interior has all the class of a high school shop project. Lookit the tiny cheap little pedals hanging there- corolla parts bin specials ??

Disasterous.

Unfortunately, this is the general theme to come- wacky-n-tacky cause everything else has been done already...

This is just beyond terrible as a new vehicle.

If this is what we are going to get from our carmakers, the end of petroleum and the return of the steam locomotive and the passenger train can't come fast enough.

Chris

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0