Mike The Canadian

Chinese Buick Lacrosse

As I said in the other thread, hate the Montego front, the un-sculpted flanks, and the Altima taillamps, but that interior? Especially with the darker wood, its fantastic. It sure 'shrinks' the center stack, my largest gripe about the current LaCrosse. I think that with less wood in certain places would be lovely.

Wow.... looks awsome. Much better than our Lacrosse or even Lucerne for that matter. Love the stand up hood ornament. It has some obious borrowed styling cues from Nissan, Infiniti & Acura but it still looks good.

Posted Image

Is the grille a little nod to NA? Previously, Chinese Buicks had grilles with horizontal bars, while NA Buicks have had vertical bars. This one has vertical bars - like Buicks in NA. A small but meaningful change?

Would you rather have the LaCrosse Super, based on the small, silver photo we've seen, or the Chinese LaCrosse on sale in NA?

Will this Chinese design influence the NG LaCrosse on Epsilon? Will its interior be way upgraded?

The specs seem interesting... available 3.0L V6 with active fuel management (DoD), Bluetooth, navigation, DVD entertainment, Stabilitrak, side curtain bags, and HUD. The standard engine is a 2.4L VVT.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not a bad benchmark at all... it looks even better than the LS.

Is the grille a little nod to NA?  Previously, Chinese Buicks had grilles with horizontal bars, while NA Buicks have had vertical bars.  This one has vertical bars - like Buicks in NA.  A small but meaningful change?

Would you rather have the LaCrosse Super, based on the small, silver photo we've seen, or the Chinese LaCrosse on sale in NA?

Will this Chinese design influence the NG LaCrosse on Epsilon?  Will its interior be way upgraded?

Hmm...can anyone post comparison photos? I only recall the LaCrosse Super photo vaguely. If what I remember is correct, I'll take the Chinese LaCrosse with the NA LaCrosse's powerplants.

Imagine how many would be flying off lots in the U.S. if it had that interior? Amazing, just amazing...

I feel like sending a letter to the GM board demanding to know why something like this ends up happening...

The specs seem interesting... available 3.0L V6 with active fuel management (DoD), Bluetooth, navigation, DVD entertainment, Stabilitrak, side curtain bags, and HUD. The standard engine is a 2.4L VVT.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The comparison of the two interiors is great. I hadn't thought of the LS - but now that you mention it, the CBL (Chinese Buick LaCrosse) is very similar. I think the center stack is cleaner in the CBL. I like the vertical vents on either side of the NAV unit. These vents look similar to those found in the STS. The dash of the CBL looks much better than the 2007 Lexus ES which would be its natural competition if sold here. I wish that GM would bring this interior to the states ASAP. It has GM parts that are readily available and the design of the interior has been paid for by the GM China unit.

Edited by boblutzfan

Posted Image

Posted Image

Where's the passenger side airbag on the Chinese Buick? not required over there?`

Where's the passenger side airbag on the Chinese Buick?  not required over there?`

Many new airbags are housed in the dash with no visible seams. I would imagine it is there - you just can't see the seam around it.

the rear seat console is really nice too!

and those taillights are hideous

Yeah, I don't like the rear lights either. Thankfully, that is an easy and cheap fix compared to the interior of the US LaCrosse.

Pretty sad when the interior is nicer than the most-expensive Cadillac sedan (STS).

Though the interior is stunning on this LaCrosse, the exterior isn't doing it for me. Too derivative.

I don't know that I would go so far as to say it is better than the STS - but it is definitely better than the CTS/SRX as well as just about every other Chevy/Buick/Pontiac/Saturn interior.

What is sad is that GM will give other markets this kind of interior but will not do it for their home market. Look at GM/Buick's success over in China - year after year of sales increases while in the states GM suffers. Granted the market place is different over there, still with interiors like this - Buick would do much better.

Edited by boblutzfan

Wow.... looks awsome. Much better than our Lacrosse or even Lucerne for that matter. Love the stand up hood ornament. It has some obious borrowed styling cues from Nissan, Infiniti & Acura but it still looks good.

Posted Image

Looks good. I can see a little bit of Lexus by the headlights. And what happened to the stand up hood ornaments? Kinda miss them.

I'm sure the US/Canadian buick dealers are salivating. This is exactly what Buick NA needs to become a legitimate Acura/(lower-end lexus) fighter. This car is supposed to be designed to fit the tastes of Chinese buyers but I think it would do great anywhere.

The Lacrosse and Lucerne pale in comparison to it.

Will China bring it? Probably not until Cadillac can improve their cars even more to prevent loss of sales to a car like this.

It's must be good to be living in middle-class China right now. All these companies are devoting money to great products for them and the country is on a verge of a economic boom that will turn China into a powerhouse.

wow.  That is hot!  I would buy one.  And the sticker is at $33,725.  Not bad with everything shown.  You telling me they can't sell those here?

For a 2.4 L 4-cylinder with slightly more torque than the G6 that's a lot of money. I think Buick dealers would blanche if their cheapest model was over $29K and a lot of buyers would still expect a final price nearly $10K lower. Not gonna happen. If GM can get rebates on the LaCrosse low enough, then maybe the Global Midsize version will be equipped more like the Chinese model.

ok, take the US rear end and the China front and sides minus the standup hood ornament, that amazing interior the upcoming 3.6 DI with about 300 hp and the new hydramatic 6 speed sell it for 30-33 grand as the lacrosse CXS and it will destroy the lexus cometition not to mention just about every FWD near luxury car on the market and some rear drivers also.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook