Cadillac News: 2021 Cadillac Escalade Leaks Out

Drew Dowdell

Just a day after the 2021 Suburban and Tahoe debuted the Cadillac Escalade has also leaked out online.  As expected, the side profile still looks like the Tahoe/Suburban, however it apparently does still sport the vertical tail lights of the current generation vehicle.  Inside is a decidedly upgraded interior. The gauge cluster is dual screen and flows into the infotainment system.  Like the Chevy twins, the column shifter is gone, in this case replaced by Cadillac's Precision Control Shift. A dial to control the infotainment system similar to that on the XT6 is visible as well. 

2021 Cadillac Escalade interior.png

The Escalade will be powered by the same 6.2 liter V8 offered as an upgrade in the Suburban and Tahoe, but a supercharged version could make its way into the engine room at a later date as well finally giving the Escalade a V version. Expect the same wheelbase and space increases gained on the Chevies. 

The Escalade will be debuting officially soon, so keep it tuned here for more updates as they come out. 

View full article

Speaking on just the front end, no. Just no. The interior looks to be a nice leap in style though. I will have to give $h! about one thing though, the slab tablet look across the dash, aka Benz style. Seems like there was bit of a criticism in regards to the Palisade having that look and that is true here as well.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Pretty much what I’m getting at as well. It’s not ugly, but its an Escalade. It should carry a little more “wow” up front.

Yeah, the Escalade always had a "statement" feel to it and I realize this is just some stolen pictures that probably shouldn't have been taken but it feels like a 20% larger XT6 and that's about it(exterior). The interior looks really good though. 

If you just look at the headlights just below that chrome trim, you would realize that there is something that is covering up that area. The area just below the headlights and just to the sides of the grill.

We do not know what is there, it just looks like a black piece of nothing-ness...

But...we like to moan and bitch and complain...

I bet you, even if those headlights are not extended by another set of luminous features, there must be something else to "POP" making the front end be more in line of what an Escalade should be...

Patience people....PATIENCE!!!

The Escalade has ALWAYS been stunning to look at minus the very first GMC badge engineered one...

• Agree 2

So lets look at the Evolution of the Escalade to today.

image.png

Then we have this:

ma5sn40hkefdbn9tok0v.jpg

The picture @Drew Dowdell has of the interior is interesting, have to see better pictures to really decide how I feel about it and the seats, etc.. I agree to agree with @oldshurst442 that clearly we have some blockage on the front, I personally hate this Chevrolet look of the headlights / grill area but we are not seeing the rest. If this is just a larger version of the XT6, Failure for me.

Looks like it has the older style set in place running boards. I think GM should make default for all Escalades the hide away side steps.

Current Gen Escalade Front end I like much better than this picture that got out.

True, but its a "leak", right?

But the image and lighting is fuzzy, right?

Today's smartphones take photos with 4K quality with a bazillion pixels and have digitally enhanced lighting modes to illuminate the darkness of space in the universe all the while correcting sharpness, but with this photo of the "leaked" Escalade seems like it was taken by an 1870s black and white camera held by a dozen people that took pictures upside down and was colorized with 1960s techniques...

The point I wanna make is, there isnt any quality details in the grill to really see how it pops and/or shines...

Granted, the new XT4 and XT6's real grill is  blacked out and this Escalade pic seems to be in the same vein.

Image result for xt4 cadillac front

But Im sure that even if blacked-out, there maybe an option to bling it out. 

@dfelt

I believe that there will be some sort of luminous bling a la XT6 in that area...

Image result for xt6 cadillac front

Fail or not, its the new face of Cadillac SUVs... 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

True, but its a "leak", right?

But the image and lighting is fuzzy, right?

Today's smartphones take photos with 4K quality with a bazillion pixels and have digitally enhanced lighting modes to illuminate the darkness of space in the universe all the while correcting sharpness, but with this photo of the "leaked" Escalade seems like it was taken by an 1870s black and white camera held by a dozen people that took pictures upside down and was colorized with 1960s techniques...

Probably an employee in a plant shakily snapped a pic w/ a cheap burner phone...or the fuzzing/darkness is a Snapchat/IG filter..

Edited by Robert Hall

10 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Probably an employee in a plant shakily snapped a pic w/ a cheap burner phone...or the fuzzing/darkness is a Snapchat/IG filter..

Yeah...that is what Im thinking, but Im also thinking at the same time that it was "leaked" by GM itself to cause some sort of buzz...because Im cynical in their ability to actually market their products properly.

5 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

You can see those vertical slots. 

yeah...you can actually with even more inspection.

Edited by oldshurst442

10 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Yeah...that is what Im thinking, but Im also thinking at the same time that it was "leaked" by GM itself to cause some sort of buzz...because Im cynical in their ability to actually market their products properly.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was intentionally leaked to create buzz....

59 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Yeah...that is what Im thinking, but Im also thinking at the same time that it was "leaked" by GM itself to cause some sort of buzz...

48 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it was intentionally leaked to create buzz....

It has the internet talking, so I would not be surprised that GM leaked this themselves to generate buzz leading up to the official announcement.

Hmmm... I need more pics.  Interior is definitely Benz... headlights I'm not a fan of, the big, bold grille: thumbs up.  Nice to see it has a real engine... or does this have the optional 1.3L 3-cylinder from the Encore GX as an upgrade?

• Haha 3

Leaked pictures like this are annoying, never gives the vehicle an actual prepared look or clear views with all the shipping wrap and protector labels/stickers everywhere. You can't really tell what all is there on the exterior with these pics. I'm sure once we see actual official pictures from GM it will be the Escalade we expect inside and out.

This wasn't leaked from GM it's some assembly line UAW jack@ss with a cheap camera phone trying to make a quick buck.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Much more accurate description with what looks like factory released pictures from GM. I'd bet it looks really close to what GM will officially release from what we've seen so far. Looks nice! Any News @Drew Dowdell?

2021-cadillac-escalade-accurately-rendered-looks-grown-up-140628_1.thumb.jpg.b55f7dbde648e15817180660af7e4a6b.jpg2021-cadillac-escalade-accurately-rendered-looks-grown-up_2.thumb.jpg.5038173092c1683e30280bd132249ac5.jpgMore

Edited by USA-1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

Nice..glad they didn't put horizontal elements in the taillights.   The front looks like it has a lot of XT5 detail scaled up...

You mean XT6 right? It will have it's own 'Sclade identity in person. I dig the new Caddy design language.

32 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

You mean XT6 right? It will have it's own 'Sclade identity in person. I dig the new Caddy design language.

Yes.. XT6.  I think I still prefer the strong front vertical lighting elements of the current Escalade.  The horizontal lights look rather small...

Edited by Robert Hall

Yes.. XT6.  I think I still prefer the strong vertical lighting elements of the current Escalade.  The horizontal lights look rather small...

Not an official release from GM, but it's a very close rendering with current Cadillac design language. Still has the large vertical Caddy LED light piping in front and the iconic Caddy vertical taillights. 

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Hopefully they tighten up that front end some. I get the design language but I think that rendering is too basic. This will likely have those vents directing air around the front wheels and that rendering doesn't look like those work the same as the Silverado/Tahoe. 

Yeah, I think those vents have the same function as weird louvers on the Silverado, but not as crude and ugly..  Silverados unfortunately look like the front fender doesn't fit properly..

• Haha 1

2021-cadillac-escalade-accurately-rendered-looks-grown-up-140628_1.jpg

2021-cadillac-escalade-accurately-rendered-looks-grown-up_2.jpg

:puke: As a Cadillac fan this is a FAILURE!

Back end is a botched job of working to keep the much larger rear vertical tail lights of the current model while finding a way to go cheap on production to save money. Hate the cheap looking chrome accent strips across the back in the bumper and under the caddy badge. Sid is just Blah and nothing special. Hell the Arts and Science design on my 2006 is better looking than this. Pillars are far too identical to the Yukon and Tahoe. Front end, I do not even know where to begin with this ugly brick nose looking way to cheap like the current trailblazer.

Could Cadillac do any more to DESTROY the Luxury Distinct look of the Escalade!

FAILURE, FAILURE, FAILURE

This is NO LUXURY looking SUV.

😡

22 minutes ago, dfelt said:

2021-cadillac-escalade-accurately-rendered-looks-grown-up-140628_1.jpg

2021-cadillac-escalade-accurately-rendered-looks-grown-up_2.jpg

:puke: As a Cadillac fan this is a FAILURE!

Back end is a botched job of working to keep the much larger rear vertical tail lights of the current model while finding a way to go cheap on production to save money. Hate the cheap looking chrome accent strips across the back in the bumper and under the caddy badge. Sid is just Blah and nothing special. Hell the Arts and Science design on my 2006 is better looking than this. Pillars are far too identical to the Yukon and Tahoe. Front end, I do not even know where to begin with this ugly brick nose looking way to cheap like the current trailblazer.

Could Cadillac do any more to DESTROY the Luxury Distinct look of the Escalade!

FAILURE, FAILURE, FAILURE

This is NO LUXURY looking SUV.

😡

First off, calm down. These are just renders.

Second, it's so similar because that's all the user who created did was use bits and pieces of the current gens to make the Escalade. 

12 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

First off, calm down. These are just renders.

Second, it's so similar because that's all the user who created did was use bits and pieces of the current gens to make the Escalade. 

Thanks did not know these were renders, crazy busy day at work so popped in and out before my next meeting.

Even then, when I posted those pics taken at the factory it is close enough to still be ugly and a failure IMHO.

Thanks again for pointing out this is a rendering.

If the Escalade comes out looking like this from the info at Motor Trend, will be a sad Panda day. Where is the luxury in that Escalade. GMC looks better than the Escalalde and is very different from all of them. Escalade looks like it borrowed way to much from Chevrolet.

image.png

8 hours ago, dfelt said:

As a Cadillac fan this is a FAILURE!

Woah, calm down Davey it's a third party rendering not official GM release. :P I think it will look similar but the front end will not be as blown up or stretched looking. I think the back looks pretty good keeping the tall vertical LED's and is still well removed from the Tahoe/Yukon designs. 😎

Edited by USA-1

13 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

The official release is soon, isn't it?   So far of the images I've seen, production or not, the Yukon--esp. the Denali--is the best looking of the new biggies IMO...

I believe the official design release should be rolling out in the next month or so. I'll cue up my Caddy dealer here to ascertain what new info. he has on it.

Edited by USA-1

Found this article, supposedly the 2021 Escalade will be launched next Tuesday in Beverly Hills.

https://www.cnet.com/g00/roadshow/news/cadillac-escalade-suv-debut/?i10c.ua=4&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3d&i10c.dv=15

• Thanks 2

Saw this IG post on the FB.   Apparently the real deal  @dfelt  @USA-1

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8JkxBOHDiV/?fbclid=IwAR17ylNoVHJDImkT8Q4Q4sHs39XikBOKJRM-Htjh637Ullucr2-w3b2U_lA

Edited by Robert Hall

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

Thanks Bob. Think I'll wait for GM official launch 5 hrs from now...just looked on Caddy's site under 2021 Escalade :) Should look great in person we need more views from farther away, kind of in your face pics so far.

https://www.cadillac.com/future-vehicles/escalade-suv

Edited by USA-1

2 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

Thanks Rob. Think I'll wait for GM official launch 5 hrs from now...just looked on Caddy's site under 2021 Escalade :) Should look great in person we need more views from farther away, kind of in your face pics so far.

Looks like the official launch is only in 3hrs (9pm EST).

5 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Looks like the official launch is only in 3hrs (9pm EST).

Premieres in 4 hrs. 55 min. from right this minute makes it 9pm MST 4:05pm here right now. https://www.cadillac.com/future-vehicles/escalade-suv

31 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

Premieres in 4 hrs. 55 min. from right this minute makes it 9pm MST 4:05pm here right now. https://www.cadillac.com/future-vehicles/escalade-suv

According to the Cadillac site, it's 2hrs 25 min from right now, so 9pm EST.  Which would be 7pm MST.   6:36 pm EST here now.   You are losing 2 hrs somewhere 😁

IMG-3356.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

According to the Cadillac site, it's 2hrs 26 min from right now, so 9pm EST.  Which would be 7pm MST.   6:34pm EST here now.

That's the same link I posted above. Below is what I show in AZ, yes 2 hrs. from EST right now. 9pm AZ is 8pm in Beverly Hills. Check your search zip code?

image.thumb.png.271c84221dbb30d51a4895569a6dbce7.png

Edited by USA-1

That's weird.  In any time zone, 9pm EST is still a bit over 2 hrs from now....(9 EST = 7 MST). The site must not take time zone into account, so it's calculating 5 AZ is 4 hrs from 9 (without time zone conversion). 

Anyway, looking forward to the reveal.

Edited by Robert Hall

13 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

That's weird.  In any time zone, 9pm EST is still a bit over 2 hrs from now....(9 EST = 7 MST). The site must not take time zone into account, so it's calculating 5 AZ is 4 hrs from 9 (without time zone conversion). 

Weird for sure 😁

Edited by USA-1

image.png

FAILURE FAILURE FAILURE FAILURE FAILURE FAILURE

They used the Cheap Ass Trailblazer type headlights rather than keeping the vertical headlights to compliment the rear lights. The over all Grill is the SAME Style of CHEAP ASS ROMAN style they are using in Chevrolet.

GM FAILED CADILLAC HERITAGE, BRAND and US the CUSTOMERS with this.

Interior is the only redeeming exciting part.

Not even sure where I should begin with how bad this front end is!

image.png

4pm here in Seattle so 7pm EST or 2hrs to go if showing is 9pm EST. Yet web site is telling me 5 hrs. Weird.

image.png

Anyway, looking forward to the reveal.

Let me know if it actually starts when it says 😂

@USA-1 @Robert Hall According to their Instagram account, there is no live stream, will be released in waves at 9pm across the US. Very weird but here is the response they are posting to people asking if it is live stream.

image.png