New Caprice Pics

douglask

I need... a cold shower.

Damn those pics. of the SS are hot. The only way it could

be better was if 6-on-the-floor (full manual) was offered

in the USA and a 2 door hardtop (fastback as in 1965) SS

were offered. Then I might even rconsider my 09 Camaro

plans and just buy that instead.

Looks nice, but a U.S.A. Caprice needs to look like a Chevy. Nice stance, though.

my god... thats beautiful

the royale... looks so classy with that hood ornament and grill setup

and the SS... gorgeous

GM... knows whats up...

but this shoul definitely be here... as an impala... this would translate nicely into a next-gen Monte as well with a little grill modification and rear door delete

Caprice SS :

Looks as Chevy as the current Impala does

220700[/snapback]

True enough..the rear ends are very, very similar, as is the greenhouse...the big styling differences are in the proportions--one a proper RWD and the other an awkward FWDer..

The interior is nice but the exterior to me already looks dated. The been there done that slab side look has been done to death by most every Asian manfacturer and is being copied by everything from Ford to Audi. If this car does hopefully come to our shores in NA, I do hope that GM will make it look a bit more distinctive, add some side trim, give it bolder grilles and head lights and of course those neat circle taillights that make the Cobalt look neat.

Nice photos. They took some of the Holden photos and modified them. I recognize the Statesman from the Holden website. I do like the Caprice Royale with the stand up hood ornament. The front reminds me of the 1991-1996 Caprice we had here. It does look like our Impala in some ways too( the rear). This is just the beginning of the globalization of GM. It is a nice thing. I am sure that this car will make it to the United States. I am not sure as what though.

I am looking forward to what the Buick Royaum and Daewoo Statesman will look like. I am sure it will be close to Caprice Royale. Maybe the US will benefit and maybe get a Buick or something out of this too. Who knows....

:)

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Its nice, but its time for something fresh and new, styling wise. The 1991-96 Caprice (especially 93-96) was nice, but it needs to stop being evolutionized in the Statesman/Caprice and current Impala.

+

Posted Image (In the US)

= $$$+ :o  :lol:

=

Posted Image:pokeowned:

223082[/snapback]

I agree 100%! I'm happy to see I'm not the only one thinking this way... Bring the Caprice as the Buick flagship with standard V8 and it'll be the perfect competitor to the LS460; the other Zeta could have both V6 and V8 options and could become the next Gen Lucerne to kill the GS.

Edited by titan

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice.

So, this is coming here or it isn't? RWD?

I hate wimpy spoiler lips...$h! or get off the pot. If it's that inconsequential, then don't put it on.

I think the Royale is wonderful. It does not identify as a Chevy, though, with the front grille being very nice, but unidentifiable to the GM divisions. The grilled on the LTZ, though, is clearly Chevrolet?

Again, I'd sure like to know if this is on its way. Also, any dashboard pix?

They are handsome, but too bland.

Interior seems unbeatable aside from those silly switches on the center console.