Photos of Jaguar's new C-XF concept leaked today, less than two weeks ahead of its official unveiling. As the name implies, the C-XF is a concept version of the forthcoming XF sedan. The XF will replace the S-Type in 2008, for the 2009 model year.

The C-XF has the same 400 horsepower 4.2-liter V8 as the S-Type R. The production model will be offered with a wide range of powerplants, similar to the existing S-Type. The production model will have a less sloped roofline, since the XF is intended to compete with the BMW 5-Series and Mercedes E-Class, rather than the Mercedes CLS. Gallery after the jump…

Posted Image

Posted Image

This looks damn good to me, sorta like an Aston Martin. :thumbsup:

Edited by BB_454

this is a very aggressive new Jaguar desgin theme that could steal sales away from BMW

That's what I'm thinking. BMW. It doesn't look like a BMW, but it appeals to the sort of people who buy BMWs. It's sporty, techy, flashy, vulgar, and anti-Jaguar, or in other words, what sells.

Edited by empowah

Photos of Jaguar's new C-XF concept leaked today, less than two weeks ahead of its official unveiling. As the name implies, the C-XF is a concept version of the forthcoming XF sedan. The XF will replace the S-Type in 2008, for the 2009 model year.

The C-XF has the same 400 horsepower 4.2-liter V8 as the S-Type R. The production model will be offered with a wide range of powerplants, similar to the existing S-Type. The production model will have a less sloped roofline, since the XF is intended to compete with the BMW 5-Series and Mercedes E-Class, rather than the Mercedes CLS. Gallery after the jump…

Posted Image

Posted Image

This looks damn good to me, sorta like an Aston Martin. :thumbsup:

This thing is unbelieveable. Where has Ford gotten these talented designers all of a sudden. First the XK vert, then the Lincoln concept, now this? Amazing, this will sell and help establish Jaguar into the next decade as a major player rather than also ran. It is hot. I see the Gran Prix reference thegriffon made, but I think the themes combined with the better resolved lines make this infinitely infintely better.

It does still have some fleeting hints of Jaguars past. The headlights still suggest double rounds, the grille outline shape calls from a really old XJ (before it was an XJ?), and the bonnett has the narrow, raised center section. The taillight array borrows from the new XK.

Just like any car that is a complete, jarring break with recent past, this theme will take some getting used to, but I kind of like it. I'd still like to see Ford sell Jaguar, but if they can make this work, more power to them.

Not bad for a Jaguar... I love the styling of the S-type and I like

this but there's a little too much going on here. It's too busy.

Either way I would still never buy a Jaguar. You know a car

manufacturer sucks when Ford's input actually IMPROVES their

quality & reliability. :P

Damn, I really like this thing. Although less sophisticated, it almost has a DB9 essence to it; this is exactly what Jaguar should be IMO. The grille looks as if it belongs on a Buick, but it's still very sexy. I can't wait to see this thing in person.

I love everything about this car. I think Jaguar desperately needs a bold, new sedan to inject some life into the brand. Although Jags from the last 10-15 years were good looking, style wise, they have changed almost too little to tell the difference between one that is brand new and one that is 10 years old. Jaguar needs something different and fresh, a break away from what they have been currently doing to draw attention to the brand.

Edited by REDO1GPGT

This damn car wasn't there yesterday! They had a big video of it and about three or four XKs, but no C-XF Concept. :angry:

It seems like Jag and Aston Martin do that every year. They show the concept cars to the press and then when it comes to public days they pull them out never to be seen. Don't you think that you would want more exposure of these cars to generate excitement other than showing your outdated S-Type at the show?