FIRST LOOK: 2008 Saturn VUE Red Line and Green Line

Saturn/Opel had the perfect design with the Anatara and then we get this. Wtf?

Um.... did I miss something? How is the design any different then the Antara. I think we already went over this. The only thing different exterior-wise is the body-colored bumper (which from what I've seen is not for the whole line-up of VUEs) and the tail lights. Don't bother counting the saturn logo since that really has nothing to do with overall design.

Weird that it doesn't get the same trim levels of the other new Saturns- XE and XR, even if they do correspond.

are the XE's and XR's for sale all ready? almost certain i saw one on the road today

Are you referring to the Vue or Aura XE & XR? If the Aura, yeah they have started hitting the dealerships (checked one out on Saturday, look for my impressions in the area for the Aura)

Um.... did I miss something? How is the design any different then the Antara. I think we already went over this. The only thing different exterior-wise is the body-colored bumper (which from what I've seen is not for the whole line-up of VUEs) and the tail lights. Don't bother counting the saturn logo since that really has nothing to do with overall design.

I think he meant the Antara concept.

i think the previous vue looked better than this new set.

agreed, and my '03 seems larger. I saw this at the LA show and in fact the interior is narrower. That makes it a 'non-runner' replacement. Best part of the gen 1 was small outside, big inside. Edited by ketch

Too tall, yes. But oerall these damn things are downright hadnsome.

The fascia, esp. the headlights on the redline are AWSOME.

Saturn really has done a 180* turn recently. :globe:

I can't wait to see all the new VUEs at the NYIAS in April. At the Philly Auto Show last weekend, the Saturn information booth had the all-new 2008 VUE booklets. I took one and didn't bother to look at it right away. Next day I looked it over and thought the picture made it look nicer than what I originally thought here. Showed it to the wife and she likes it too. She said now she has to decide between a big and comfy OUTLOOK/Acadia or a small and efficient VUE. I think I'm liking the Redline version the best, but it depends on how the driver's seat is designed. A regular VUE XR AWD would be nice too.

Green Line

Posted Image

Posted Image

Red Line

Posted Image

Posted Image

These look like Green Line:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Look at the front bumper, rear bumper, exhast tips, wheels... BV's right, both silver Vue's are Red Lines, but the headlights and tail-lights are different.

Edited by AAS

Look at the front bumper, rear bumper, exhast tips, wheels... BV's right, both silver Vue's are Red Lines, but the headlights and tail-lights are different.

Dude, you quoted me in the 20 seconds that post existed before I deleted it! Damn, skippy!

Dude, you quoted me in the 20 seconds that post existed before I deleted it! Damn, skippy!

:lol:

It's only 'cuz I was working on posting the same image comparison you made... and while fumbling around with the "+/- quote" feature realized you did it for me :)

More proof that GM Photographers continue to suck much ass. Looks tons better in the real-world shots, even taking into account minor physical differences.

I wasn't sure about it before. Now I like it.

-RBB

Edited by RBB

More proof that GM Photographers continue to suck much ass. Looks tons better in the real-world shots, even taking into account minor physical differences.

I wasn't sure about it before. Now I like it.

-RBB

Yu are right about that! The GM photos aways suck. :hissyfit: At least the cars don't! :thumbsup:

Interesting to read the comments that say the old Vue is preferred over the new one. I would never, ever consider buying the old one but like the styling in the redesign.

One reason why GM is in trouble is that not enough people (like myself) are looking at buying their vehicles. I thing GM is getting their designs in the right direction and I hope they keep it up!!

The headlights are the same . Projectors sometimes photograph oddly . Sometimes in certain lighting they nearly look like the lights are on , and in some lighting conditons like the 1st batch of GM photo's they look completely dark . Look REALLY close , you can see the projector headlight in the latest in the flesh Redline photos .

• 1 month later...

i stood about 6 inches from a 2008 vue hybrid today at the autoshow and checked out the interior.

First off, the new shape will please toyotaphiles, but it is a softer look than the current trucky vue. And it looks smaller. It does resemble the RDX a bit though.

The interior is FABULOUS. very minimal gaps in the cutlines and seams. And this is a prototype!

Without hesitation i say it is one of GM's best interiors for execution and probably for design too. It's very tasteful.

I am predicting this new VUE will be EXTREMELY popular.