Which GM vehicle would you take in a contest?

Let's say you enter a contest where the prize was a brand new 2008 GM vehicle of your choice (no MSRP restrictions). You win and have to make a decision on which brand new 2008 GM vehicle you will claim as your prize. What would it be and why?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine is easy... the all-new GMC Sierra Denali in Summit White.

Posted Image

To me, the Sierra Denali is the modern day version of the mid-'50s GMC Suburban Carrier (aka Cameo) pickup. It can be used for work/play, but also for a night out on the town. It's the most luxurious pickup in GMC's stable, and has performance manners to boot. I couldn't afford to own one otherwise, so if I won this fictional contest I'd claim the Sierra Denali as my prize.

A 1970 Oldsmobile 442 W-30.

If we are talking all years, then my screen name is my answer.

That is my automotive Holy Grail.

Okay, I went back in to my original post and made it clear that it has to be a brand new 2008 GM vehicle. :P

And I'm :lol: @ Fly's choice!!!

Kodiak 4500 rollback truck, Duramax Diesel, 6-speed Alison

I could start my classic car shipping company and then when I

made some serious $$$ buy a CTS-V, then once my business

grew substantially I'd get a Peterbilt 379 with a 9-car capacity

trailer and really start cooking.... at that point I'd buy a bunch

of classic cars for myself & an Escalade EXT in pearl white with

the power running boards, and for Julie I'd buy that BMW M5

she's always dreamed of.

Uh, not really.

BMW makes fine cars, so does MB.

I would buy a dozen BMWs or Mwercedes before I'd

ever even rent a Toyopet-Lex_Scion or a hon-DUH.

The Japanese make $h!ty products, have EXTREMLY

poor business ethics and fugly styling. The Germans

are competing for my dollar very effectivelly.

I'm European born & as much as GM is my #1 NEW

choice if I had to buy a new non-GM I'd buy a BMW,

Porsche, Audi or Mercedes before I'd ever think of

buying a FWD domestic or some pepsi-can on wheels

Japanese car.

Julie is a cool chick, I'd love to see a real poll of the

typical wife/girlfriend of a C&Ger... probably a few

Camrys and Accords mixed in with those GMs... <_<

A BMW 5 is much better than the average chick car!

...and Sixty Eight, you'd really buy a BENZ? I've known so many of those cars to have problems...and I'd rather crush and Audi than drive one. I probably hate a lot of European cars as badly as you hate Japanese cars. Maybe we can just agree to hate Korean cars and agree on that.

I am with you on the BMW thing though. Were it to be a non-GM car, my choice would be a New Cooper S coup with a six speed and a sunroof delete. If it were not a Miata.

Chris

She drives an '88 S-10 Sport (Blazer). Likes the Charger, Riviera, Monte Carlo, Reatta, AURA, STS, XK8, Sierra, Ram, or F-150. Father has an early-90s F-150, mother a '92 Chevy G20 van.

A good friend of mine, she drives a '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee, would love a newer Jeep, Solstice, SKY, or SL550 (we can dream).

Another friend, she drives a Taurus, wants a Jeep Wrangler or Dodge Ram.

Another friend, he owns an '02 Saturn SL1, wants nothing but a Cadillac DTS, STS, Escalade, or GMC Yukon Denali.

Another friend who some C&Gers met, he owns an '06 9-3 Aero, used to want a G35 or FX, now wants the forthcoming 9-4x, or new VUE.

I surround myself with the best. Checkmate. ;)

A BMW 5 is much better than the average chick car!

Cool... my most recent ex-gf had a BMW (3-series conv) and a Jeep (Wrangler), so we were pretty compatible car-wise since I have an M3 and a Grand Cherokee. That relationship lasted 5 years, but sadly it would never have worked out in the long term, I'm afraid.

I've gone out on a couple of dates recently with a lady that drives an '04 Mitsu Diamante..not sure if it's going to go anywhere, but she is interesting..

My friend Steve drives an '02 Maxima and a '91 Acura NSX and his wife has a '99 Intrepid..they are thinking of going all-Acura--he wants to replace the Maxima w/ a TL Type S, and his wife replace the Intrepid w/ an MDX...

My sister who has been a Benz fan for years and has two older Benzes (500SEL, 300CE coupe) is talking about selling both Benzes and buying an STS.

For Chrissake Fly, you get the point.

I said (hypothetically) if I was LOADED I'd buy several GM cars/trucks and ONE German one.

Let's not forget the many Lexus, Honda & Acura owners on this site. I'm pretty darn obsessed

with GM but I'm not a blind sheep... I've only ever sold GM products (new) and of the dozens

of cars I've had 90% of them have been GM. But if my girlfriend/wife to be wants a BMW M5

and I can afford it I'm not going to say NO. An M5, ANY M5 or BMW 5-series for that matter is

one of the coolest, best performing, best styled and nicest luxury cars (sport sedans) of the

past three decades or so... if she's not diggin' the STS and wants a BMW instead then the way

I see it is better a BMW than a Toyota ES350 or a FWD Euro-Honda TL...

Transverse NorthStars = :yuck: imho

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway you know that Kodiak 4500 I mentioned, the way I priced one out

the other day it would be in the mid-$60Ks so that's a BIG chunk of profit for GM, even if

I bought two BMWs after that I'd still be making a bigger contribution to GM. Trucks are

BIG profit for GM, esp. the commercial stuff.

Although hypothetically, in our hypothetical example the truck would be free? a prize?

Although hypothetically, in our hypothetical example the truck would be free? a prize?

Yup, in this hypothetical situation, GM sponsors a contest where the winner is to receive any new, 2008 GM model of their choice - no trim/engine/trans/color/price/etc restrictions. Whatever the winner desires from GM, GM builds and delivers to them at their local dealer.

Wouldn't this be a cool contest for real? Imagine the amount of entries GM would receive, even if they only allowed one-per-person? They could intro this at the first major auto show of the season, run through the last (New York?), and conduct the drawing in May with the winner getting their as-ordered vehicle no later than in July. It would draw a lot of attention to GM and hopefully make one GM enthusiast really happy. It would still cost a lot less than one concept car and bring in the people to GM's displays. I know Saturn is currently running a contest like this, where the winner will get to choose any Saturn vehicle of their choice. But I'm sure there's a price limit and it will likely be a base model.

Well I wish Toyota owners were 0.000001% more selective than:

"I need a car with four wheels"

Man, aint I the old married man? I am the only one who choose a practical family vehicle. The rest of you are smart with you Z06s and Solstices.

My choice was practical also...the '08 CTS. I love sports cars, but a sports sedan like a CTS fits me very nicely for an all-around daily driver, weekend getaway car, road trip car, etc...

She drives an '88 S-10 Sport (Blazer). Likes the Charger, Riviera, Monte Carlo, Reatta, AURA, STS, XK8, Sierra, Ram, or F-150. Father has an early-90s F-150, mother a '92 Chevy G20 van.

A good friend of mine, she drives a '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee, would love a newer Jeep, Solstice, SKY, or SL550 (we can dream).

Another friend, she drives a Taurus, wants a Jeep Wrangler or Dodge Ram.

Another friend, he owns an '02 Saturn SL1, wants nothing but a Cadillac DTS, STS, Escalade, or GMC Yukon Denali.

Another friend who some C&Gers met, he owns an '06 9-3 Aero, used to want a G35 or FX, now wants the forthcoming 9-4x, or new VUE.

I surround myself with the best. Checkmate. ;)

one friend currently owns. 1996 Roadmaster Estate, 1994 Roadmaster Sedan, 1957 Century 4-door hard-top, 1957 Century 4-door hard-top, 200X Oldsmobile Alero, 1998 Cadillac Catera, 197x Monte Carlo <only seen it a few times, but it's the one with the Cadillac tail lights>.

His partner just bought a 2007 Lucerne V6

My best friend from highschool who I was staying with when I came out to see you just got himself a new 9-3.

Mom has an Aurora, Dad has an F-150

Transverse NorthStars = :yuck: imho

I'd go with the CXL V6 on the Buick... I loves me the 3800. Please don't kill me. The 3800 is more economical but if I won gas money with the car, I'd go N*. See, the weather where I live is often touch and go and often we have snow on the ground from October into June. FWD is better for traction on ice because I don't want to put sandbags in my trunk to weigh it down.

The choice is easy: Corvette z06

However, the hard part would be the color.... Daytona Orange, Black or Silver... Decisions, decisions.

Agreed, though the color wouldn't be difficult for me. Black would be the only option... seeing it in person it looks like a bat out of hell in black.

Any possibility of winning a voucher to redeem for a Cadillac Sixteen in the event GM stops being a bunch of pussies and actually builds the thing? Otherwise I'm really not interested and would do what BV said and take an XLR-V to immediately flip and turn it into a dozen cars I actually care about. Best plan I've heard so far.

Posted Image

Safety, power, room and I can run it on cooking oil. :lovey:

That is the only vehicle I will trade my Z06 for. The Du-Di V-8. Although I am not a sucker for Duallies, so I will have the 2500HD Crewcab SWB LTZ in Black.

Where is my midsize wagon (MAXX=dead) my decent minivan alternative (Something like the Flex, less SUV-like than the Lambdas) or 2-row SUV with decent cargo room (VUE has a rather small cargo area) or hell, even a midzisize pickup available in crew cab form with a diesel?

I would go for either a 9-3 or 9-5 Sportcombi.