Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cory Wolfe

How 'Bout That Host?

81 posts in this topic

I think we all need to do the right thing here... and donate our life savings for better host that isn't as retarded. :P

Two days without C&G was killer.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who couldn't access the site :lol:

Two days without C&G was killer.

I know! I was starting to kill time at GMI! :o

Good to be back home.

What are you guys talking about? This host has provided impeccable service from the beginning. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it and I say we stay with it forever!

:P

I know! I was starting to kill time at GMI! :o

Good to be back home.

I didn't get THAT desperate.... :stupid::P

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

wow, i was gone on a work trip tues and weds and just got back. coincidence?..........

'it's like i was never gone'

Glad to hear it wasnt something with my computer.

I actually thought I got banned for posting that Jesus picture on the 'LOLCat's thread'

I thought my new sig killed the site, having to show up for all of my 8600 posts, and whatnot. :P

Edited by blackviper8891

Hello, allow me to introduce myself. My name is ocn. I was surfing the net and just found this place, thinking of becoming a regular. (Looks around room,) hello... hello, hello. :AH-HA_wink:

What are you guys talking about? This host has provided impeccable service from the beginning. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it and I say we stay with it forever!

:P

Who are you again?

comical_ali.jpg

I thought my new sig killed the site, having to show up for all of my 8600 posts, and whatnot. :P

No but I do feel a seizure coming on....

How many people would be willing to donate $10 towards service from a new/better host?

How many people would be willing to donate $10 towards service from a new/better host?

I will.

I just wanted to drop in quickly before I go to work. I'll give the Cliff's Notes version of everything that happened since Tuesday afternoon:

1. I notice the site goes down for the count Tuesday affternoon.

2. I send Dreamhost a support ticket early Tuesday evening, after ruling out my work LAN as a problem.

3. DreamHost gets back to me on Wednesday telling me to look at the scripts on the site (which are fine)

4. I respond back to them asking for clarification and more info.

5. Dreamhost responds back saying they disabled the site via the web and if I didn't fix the scripts on the site they would kill access to the site completely

6. I back up the site's files and database to my home PC, and lay into them like I never laid into anyone before in my entire life

7. Dreamost turns the site back on and, while disagreeing with most of my points, apologizes for the way they've handled our situation.

I'll reveal more as we progress towards getting this place more reliable.

Tell DreamHost to f@#k off and die and find a better host...almost anything is better than there crappy service.

Way to handle customer relations by blaming the problem on the customer.

Glad C&G is back up (for now) ^_^

I had a really bad dream that lasted 2 days, I was back in the 80's and the internet hadn't been invented yet. I don't know much about the web/hosts etc but I do find this site very slow sometimes. Its probably the slowest site I visit. I'd make a donation for better service.

It felt like crack head without CocaineandGrass for two days.

Hello, allow me to introduce myself. My name is ocn. I was surfing the net and just found this place, thinking of becoming a regular. (Looks around room,) hello... hello, hello. :AH-HA_wink:

Hey Blu, welcome to our website. We would like to have colorful people like you, and insight from you about our website will be highly appreciated. Please keep on posting.

I just wanted to drop in quickly before I go to work. I'll give the Cliff's Notes version of everything that happened since Tuesday afternoon:

1. I notice the site goes down for the count Tuesday affternoon.

2. I send Dreamhost a support ticket early Tuesday evening, after ruling out my work LAN as a problem.

3. DreamHost gets back to me on Wednesday telling me to look at the scripts on the site (which are fine)

4. I respond back to them asking for clarification and more info.

5. Dreamhost responds back saying they disabled the site via the web and if I didn't fix the scripts on the site they would kill access to the site completely

6. I back up the site's files and database to my home PC, and lay into them like I never laid into anyone before in my entire life

7. Dreamost turns the site back on and, while disagreeing with most of my points, apologizes for the way they've handled our situation.

I'll reveal more as we progress towards getting this place more reliable.

Good job Z. It seems like cheapest is not the best. I understand from Fly that we got better deal from them. But what you mentioned is not acceptable from any host. I am glad that you are backing it all up.

I read one of the e-mails from dreamhost: all I can say is that the twit that wrote it is very lucky that he's on the other side of the continent.

I have never read such a nasty, condescending and insulting piece of steaming crap from someone who is supposed to be there to support a customer.

...And I'm being generous.

Our agreement with these people can't end too soon. The thing is, we are paid up way ahead and to change now would cost C&G too much. I think that the time to get donations together will be at the end of the current hosting agreement.

Meantime, we will simply have to demand the service that we have paid for. I'm sick of folks in this industry thinking that they can just dictate to the customer and not honor their agreements. These petulant children need to have their feet held to the fire until they fulfill their end of the bargain.

Yeah, I'm pissed!

I'd chip in..

California, where else? :rolleyes:

Well that is a whole different country. Anyways, I had told Fly that I will chip in with any help we need to keep this site going on in full health, not an octagenarian bedridden on life support.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0