Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hyperv6

The Best Camaro Picture so Far

68 posts in this topic

Here is a good picture of the car. Please keep in mund it is not done and some of the changes were done to make the car livable.

Please no unrealistic complaints as this is a real world car vs Fantasy concpet. This one has to work and survive the real world of daily driving.

camaroclean2eg0.jpg

I know someone who has sat in it, and "they" said it is very true to the concept both inside and out...Exciting news!!

The rear quarters don't look like they flare out as much as he concept...it may just be poor camera/lighting/white car though.

Edited by Dodgefan

Looks OK I suppose. Camaro isn't really that big a deal in the grand scheme of GM's portfolio and the uncertain future of the industry.

Looks OK I suppose. Camaro isn't really that big a deal in the grand scheme of GM's portfolio and the uncertain future of the industry.

It terms of overall sales perhaps not, but in terms of casting a halo around the brand, and giving thousands of enthusiasts what they've been craving since 2002, it's a big deal.

Aren't they aiming for pretty good sales numbers with it too? can't remember.

Hmmm I think I would hold my judgement until the final product is out. I love how everyone is like 'it's just ok'. Ok?! The car isn't even out yet!

I like the wheels for some reason. Are they supposed to be gunmetal like that?

Black Chrome? Dirty? Bad Light? Pre production idea?

Don't know but they would look good on a dark painted car.

The only changes that could be complained about 'unrealistically' would be the larger mirrors (ie: there is a 'real world' practicality/safety issue involved there). I do not see any other changes as being 'real world vs. fantasy'; some aspects of design are sometimes over-executed on the side of conservatism when the original aspect is entirely livable in 90% of the real world. IMO- sometimes sacrificing that 10% is worth the image and cache in certain products. IE: did ferrari care that the 3.5-foot frontal overhang and it's resulting dismal approach angle in the enzo would keep it out of many Beverly Hills driveways? F-no.

B-pillar looks very thin and "hidden" well. Mirrors don't look bad at all.. they're big enough to see out of but aren't ruining the looks of the car.

The vents in front of the rear wheel look like they're staying. Sexy wheels. Handles look vanilla, but are fine with me.

Looks maybe a LITTLE taller, but probably not enough to upset anybody. Overhangs are still minimal.

I am really liking what I see so far. Let's see, 3.6L DI, six speed manuel transmission... hotness.

I am really liking what I see so far. Let's see, 3.6L DI, six speed manuel transmission... hotness.

...a mexican in your transmission?

Looks good so far.

I honestly keep forgetting that the Camaro concept is not the production model.

Paint it black, and that's my graduation gift. :AH-HA_wink:

Looks to be decently close to the concept. I Wish it could be 99.9% the same, but oh well. Seems like the lines aren't as sharp... but perhaps that is a result of poor photography.

Looks to be decently close to the concept. I Wish it could be 99.9% the same, but oh well. Seems like the lines aren't as sharp... but perhaps that is a result of poor photography.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to nitpick that out... It's the same thing that happened with the SSR. I think a lot of it has to do with classic Chevy cues. It seems that 'classic' Chevy lines (the big element that made 60's Chevies so appealing) translate perfect into concept but not so well when a price point is attached in production.

I loved the SSR though, and I suppose I'll love the Camaro... In fact, if things keep going the way they are this will probably be my first new, and new GM, car. But a lot of the appeal of the concept, for me, was the very aggressive vibe that the car portrayed (It's the same reason I like the Focus, old A&S, Trans Ams, etc.) I certainly hope that isn't lost in the translation to production.

When the server was down I spent time on some other sites and I have to say our group is one of the few realistic groups around.

I can tell most here have a clue by your comments and must say I am please to be a part of this group. C & C is one of the best groups of auto fans around.

Here are some of the things I noted.

The Quarters are not flaired out as much. This has tone down the side lines a small bit. I suspect it may be due to fitting the chassie and Making the car wasier to drive. Also the Quarters would have eaten a lot of rocks like a Cobra or HHR.

The Roof is rasied but the side glass is still not rased much. They did move the widshield up into the roof a little to improve visibility. It look higher vs the side glass.

GM has done a good job here and I expect after the SSR and Solstice this car will have most fixes in place from a show car. They have made misakes in the past on limited volume cars like the SSR where you have to open the door ro reach the seat bottons to move the seat as there is little room between the seat and door for your hand.

I love the new Camaro as much as the next guy, but I don't know if I can take 15 more months of this hype. If this continues, there is no way the Camaro will be able to live up to expectations.

The biggest change that jumps out at me is the increased mass of the front bumper. That and the B-pillar.

I hope the lines aren't dulled down.

The front overhang looks shorter (good improvement)

As mentioned, the rear doesn't look as boxy (hard to tell), but still looks good

The biggest thing to me (and it could just be the white and blurry pic) is that the line below the door that was so pronounced before looks to be very dulled. I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person, but hopefully that line is still there and prominent

For the record, I'm drooling too.

There is a shot of one of the full-cammo mules on the road that clearly shows that the lines running from the quarter to the front of the door are still present ( perhaps slightly less pronounced). Those lines really can't be seen in this cruddy pic, and that makes the quarter and door look so plain.

No fear, the aggressive lines are still there.

I love the new Camaro as much as the next guy, but I don't know if I can take 15 more months of this hype. If this continues, there is no way the Camaro will be able to live up to expectations.

Well it has not other choice ans has to.

Besides te build up to Christmas is long but it still does not hurt the thrill of opening presents on Christmas morning............................unless your mother inlaw shops on QVC.

It will be fine for 90% of the people as your never going to please everyone. Remember too the car coming out in 09 is only the start with more models due soon after.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0