Ever feel that horrible sickness?

Well I walked out of best buy after only being in there for 7 minutes and i walk to my parking spot to erupt in rage, anger, and disbelief. Broken glass and tire marks lined the yellow paint. The Caprice was stolen. I've had stuff stolen and broken into before but this was different. Value means nothing its all personal meaning. I almost shed a tear today. i mean its a 18 year old beater not a new smoking hot Charger SRT8. What sucks is tomorrow morning i leave for some well deserved vacation time. I planned on taking that car too. I cant wait to retire and move away from Michigan I'm tired of it all. it was at Gratiot and 13 mile not even a bad part of Roseville. sigh..

Ever had a car stolen? Is just a gut wrenching pain that is indescribable and i don't wish it on anybody.

Do what you can to track it down man! We had the `86 caravan stolen back in `97. I remember it like it was yesterday. My father and I were sitting on the back porch one night when the Caravan started up, lights came on and drove off. It had an alarm at the time but as luck would have it it was turned off because it was windy that night. My dad went into the kitchen and told her he watched someone drive it off. A few days later the police found it dumped on a dirt road, stripped bare, save for, ironically the stereo (they even stole the alarm). I only hope that one of the pricks had the hatch fall on them when they opened it and let go, because there weren't any struts.

The insurance company tried to convince us to let them keep it, but we refused and had it brought back. We ended up going to the junkyard and getting a whole new interior for the van. It was never quite the same though, as it originally had leather seating whereas the replacement bits were cloth, and due to design changes in later models, the sliding door trim never fit quite right. The important thing was that we got it back though. Don't give up hope, try to hunt it down and get it back.

f@#king no good son(s) of a bitch. Him/they will get whats coming to them, I'm truly sorry to hear this, I hope they find the Caprice, but if not just try to remember the time you had it and that it served you well. I think some pictures are in order here as sort of a tribute to it.

Sorry for your lose.

We've had cars broken into, always in Eugene, Oregon, but never stolen. We have even left a car unlocked with a cell phone on the dash in downtown portland without it being stolen, though it was a 1996 Saturn in 1996, so who would want it.

God Damn it, cappy, this is total bull$h!. Your screen name, your sig, the stories you've shared here... broken. Those animal bastards. I hope against hope you can recover the car. You respected it, and held it up for what it is... American, and unashamed, a real Chevrolet.

I am thinking some street thug will be rolling in it... on 24" rims or something effing horrendous like that there. He does not deserve it. Or it may end up shipped to the Middle East.

I really hope you can recover it before it meets either of those fates. It belongs to you, sir.

bastards... if it's like a friend's uncle's 'price... it won't be drivable when it's found...sorry.

stolen, no, but my car had been vandalized 3 different times sitting in front of my house... chicken and eggs... TP... and a beer bottle to the driver window, scratched the glass and prolly has some paint scrapes from washing that off.

God Damn it, cappy, this is total bull$h!. Your screen name, your sig, the stories you've shared here... broken. Those animal bastards. I hope against hope you can recover the car. You respected it, and held it up for what it is... American, and unashamed, a real Chevrolet.

I am thinking some street thug will be rolling in it... on 24" rims or something effing horrendous like that there. He does not deserve it. Or it may end up shipped to the Middle East.

I really hope you can recover it before it meets either of those fates. It belongs to you, sir.

:yes:

People are scum.

well as a update. Nothing. Hasn't been found yet. The security camera shows two African Americans walking up bust out the back window then about 3 minutes goes by and the car pulls away. They were slowed don since i had a kill switch that cuts off fuel which is in what a thought a good place. Whats worse is my insurance is going to go up because I'm a higher risk because a PLPD car was stolen. grrr...

If any one sees a 5 sp Beretta, Grand Am, Saturn SC 2, or S10 please let me know. It feels like you lost a family member. i picked up a auto trader and saw a 89 caprice that was in worse shape going for 3250. I wanted to puke. I don't think anything can replace it except maybe a 66 Toronado or 76 Caprice Convertable. Thanks for sharing my pain thought it helps. And i hate to think of it rolling on 22 as soem drug dealer car or my worse fear it going into a demo derby. sigh...

This was at its finest for DF79 request.

HPIM1265.jpg

I know the same feeling. My 1992 Buick PA was stolen just weeks after we replaced the transmission (@ 200k). They ended up finding the car and chasing after them. The thieves got off on foot because the police couldn't catch them. My car was trashed.

They might go after the beater cars because it's not grand theft.

Also, if he had a gun in the car it would now be the criminals. I don't think in this situation it's good to have a gun.

well for those that don't know i have a gun on me all the time its just i didn't catch them in the act. I have gone on several trips to Detroit to look for it. It's just hard to look badass in a red Vibe.

I want it back so much right now since it was in great working condition. I even had royal purple in it.

Well right now im think of getting a 91 Saturn SL2 151k on it 4dr 5sp for 1100. for some reason the used car market is on crack i might end up buying a new car but i really dont want to cause a beater is there to take the abuse the new cars are there for weekends and trips.

Cappy: Sorry for your loss. We lost an '85 S-10 blazer that was MINT back in 1990 it had a whopping 28,000 miles on it (mom's car we bought new) Stolen and recovered in NY - caught the perps driving it, and told us to come get the car - then the COPS stripped it. They found out we were coming and moved the truck to another lot where it was subsequently used for parts for the cops in the yard. We put it back to cherry again, and my brother took it to Chicago. Parked it at the Chicago marathon...cops towed it to help with traffic flow after the race - was found stripped and burned. She died with only 34,000 miles on it. Still hurts to this day - I loved that little Blazer. The 2.8 was worthless, but she tried!

I am willing to bet that your perps have an in with junk guys in your area, and the car is old enough to look like it belongs in a yard (sorry) it is heavy enough to be worth a quick $300 at the scales/shredder. Sorry, but I doubt it exists in anything more than fist size chunks at this point. :censored:

Hope you catch the guys and do the same to them! :pokeowned:

well for those that don't know i have a gun on me all the time its just i didn't catch them in the act. I have gone on several trips to Detroit to look for it. It's just hard to look badass in a red Vibe.

I want it back so much right now since it was in great working condition. I even had royal purple in it.

Well right now im think of getting a 91 Saturn SL2 151k on it 4dr 5sp for 1100. for some reason the used car market is on crack i might end up buying a new car but i really dont want to cause a beater is there to take the abuse the new cars are there for weekends and trips.

What about the west side of Detroit, Cap?

Around outer dr, I heard that they nailed A bunch of morons who were taking cars from the Burbs...

I'll try to talk to some people....

FWIW - I know what your pain is like - it's happened to me, twice.

I had an '89 Grand Am SE stolen from my apartment in NJ - the guy peeled out in front of a cop and wrecked it heading into Camden, NJ. The cops lost the guy.

I still have my '81 Eldorado - was stolen from the East Orange VA in NJ - and was found in Newark a week later. Both batteries were stolen (posts were ripped out) , as well as the stock radio, speakers, retracting antenna, hubcaps and interior light bulbs (!?!). An engineer's transit was in the back (gone) and the trunk was filled with dirty pipes. I'd bet that the thieves would still be using it if it weren't diesel and diesel being tough to get in the middle of Newark.

On top of that, I got charged several days' "storage fees" from the impound lot that the Newark PD used, even though it took them that long to call me. And yes, since the car had trashed tires, they fork-lifted the thing around, wrecking the side paint.

In any case, I got it back. And even though I drove it home, I wound up replacing the engine block soon after that, too.

I can not say enough how sad this is... you have my condolances.

With all due respect how can you even THINK of getting some POS

unibody FWD Saturn to replace the majestic U.S.S. Capriceman?

That would be as much of a tragedy if not more than the loss of

your future classic Chevrolet. I can to a degree understand using

this unfortunate opportunity to get something different but a FWD

unibody car? You'll be BEGGING to get back into a BOF-RWD car

in two weeks, I bet my life on it...

It's a SAD day when a tragedy like this makes one reconsider his

passion and enthusiasm for classic American cars & instead move

on to a generic FWD transportation-pod. :(

BTW: About 14 years ago my dad stopped at a gas station,walked

inside to grab a pack of gum and emerged 45 sec. later to see his

almost new 1994 Pontiac Sunbird peeling out, some crazy ghetto

rat chick (white for the record) jumped in and off she went.

My dad took a taxi home (about 30 miles away) jumped in our

other car (the 1993 Oldsmobile Achieva) & drove back to Medford.

You see his wallet was insde the car, he took change to pay for

the gum, and so desperate times....

And guess what? About 3 hours later he cornered the Pontiac on

the far end of a one way street and drove up the WORNG way,

blocked the car in as if he was about the ram it and got out

as the two young male teens driving it $h! their pats and ran off.

The Sunbird had that crazy aircraft throttle style E-brake, it was

kind of tricky to disengage the way Pontiac had designed it and

apparently they jammed it in the up position after the panic stop

that my dad forced them into when he drove up to them as if to

ram them... in the trunnk was most of the contents of his wallet,

minus the credit cards, cash & gas card.

Talk about luck. My dad is not a man of great stature, he's about

5'3", so even as a teenager I was taller than him but he is pretty

jacked... his theory is that he actually stunted his growth with a

combination of sleep deprivation (he had a tough childhood) and

working out, lifting weights in his early teens. He's also got that

ragging-bull look to him when he's mad & a very overpowering

persona when he talks & the way he presents himself.

The point is even if you were 6'7" you'd probably run if my dad

came at you and you were in his stolen car. My dad, ballsy as he

is just parked and locked up the Olds right there in the ghetto &

drove home in the Pontiac, returning later with my mom to grab

the Olds which was unharmed.

Holy crimeny, capriceman, how on earth did I miss this a week or so ago?

Dangumit.

Very sorry this happened to you.

13th and Gratiot? That's near where some friends of mine live, too.

Aye.

:(

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I just turned around & there's nobody there" ... Heart ... 'Stranded'

yep 13 and Gratiot. It is a horrible feeling. I cant believe you had 2 stolen traumadog.

68 you made a good point. But a beater to me doesn't matter what wheels drives it. as long as it gets from point A to B, while being cheap on repairs is good. I beat the crap out of the caprice but it started every day and thats why i loved it. I bought it for 1500 i think. So for me it was a beater but i respected it more than any car i have ever owned, and should have gave it more.

However I weighed some pros and cons and bought $2k worth of parts for project fix up old blue. 95 Camaro. tie rods, ball joints, brakes, and other $h! it needed badly. Although its about as anti camaro as you can get, 3.4 auto. Hopefully that will please you. However, I will probably buying a stripper new car and help GM this month. hmm... 08 Colorado for 11,100 or 08 Silverado for 11,700 or 08 Aveo for 7,550 or 08 Cobalt for 9,800.

Which brings up do they make the 08 Silverado with a stick? Cause that would be badass a small v6 with a stick.

I don't think you can. I think the half tons are stuck with 4-speed autos and the the 3/4-1 tons are stuck with 6-speed autos.

disappointing. Why does the Colorado have to be so crappy though and have sub par fuel economy.

hmm... I was looking at a dark blue cobalt coupe 2.2 5 speed its very tempting.

im going to look at the Astra tomorrow and maybe test one on Monday.

Its not like i need a car though. the fleet is now

02 sierra

98 Lesabre

03 vibe

95 camaro

tomorrow i will be putting brakes on the Buick and fixing the camaro then go lot browsing.

I guess we will see. but one thing is for sure if i buy a new car its not going to have one option checked.

it does everything i need it for. i traded my 1990 ss454 in and took the colorado home. its 1 2004 sunburst orange metallic crew cab 2wd LS with the Z71 suspension. i cant rightly complain about anything on it. me and 3 friends routinely go on 2 or 3 hour rides in it comfortably. i have driven to hilton head sc from my house with is about 300 miles away on 3/4 of a tank of gas, with a capacity of 19 gallons it comes out to around 20 or so. in my case its amazing cause i was getting 10 with the 454. everyday driving is enjoyable, has a 4500lb towing capacity so it does everything i want it to. one thing i would advise though is maybe get an 06 or newer cause they have the 3.7, i just think the 3.5 is a little lacking really. there was also a couple of service recalls on the 04's that i have gotten. one about a brake wiring harness could be defective and not light up the brakes, the other being excessive cylinder head wear but they have extended the factory warranty out to 100K miles and 6 yrs to cover it. other than that its a fine truck for comuting, camping, towing a fishing boat, or hauling everyday junk around town.