Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blake Noble

Sky going to Chevrolet?

54 posts in this topic

Is the Saturn Sky to be a Chevrolet?

2009-Saturn-Sky-car-walls.jpg

From Vince Burlapp's Car Blog:

At least from this, it looks like some people at GM are not ready to kill the Sky yet.

Good news.

I don't care who sells it, I just hope the Sky finds a home after GM kills Saturn.

It would indeed make a great Chevrolet.

Pontiac already has the Solstice, and I really don't see this as a Buick....

Let's hope this is true.

Thanks to a reader for this.

Magic 8 balls says, "Ask again later."

Edited by YellowJacket894

Hasn't there been talk about Chevy getting a version of the Kappa for awhile?

Hasn't there been talk about Chevy getting a version of the Kappa for awhile?

Ya...I remember talk of a Chevy 'Stingray' a few years ago, there was even an illustration on the cover of Motor Trend.

Hasn't there been talk of Kappa getting killed for a while now? If they do make it a Chevy, it'd be nice if they at least did a minor change of the look, though that would kill the synergy of the shared styling with Opel/Daewoo.

Hasn't there been talk of Kappa getting killed for a while now? If they do make it a Chevy, it'd be nice if they at least did a minor change of the look, though that would kill the synergy of the shared styling with Opel/Daewoo.

Corvette-like rear, front fascia that already mirrors that of the Malibu? Why change anything at all beyond the badge?

Corvette-like rear, front fascia that already mirrors that of the Malibu? Why change anything at all beyond the badge?

Oh, I don't know... maybe because that's the same thing that GM gets ragged on for constantly already? I agree the car looks great, and if it'd started out as a Chevy, it wouldn't need any changes other than the badge, but if it's going to change brands, it ought to be differentiated a little bit. Plus, the car has been out for a few years - a mid-cycle enhancement doesn't seem out of place anyway, and this would be the perfect time & reason to do it.

Oh, I don't know... maybe because that's the same thing that GM gets ragged on for constantly already? I agree the car looks great, and if it'd started out as a Chevy, it wouldn't need any changes other than the badge, but if it's going to change brands, it ought to be differentiated a little bit. Plus, the car has been out for a few years - a mid-cycle enhancement doesn't seem out of place anyway, and this would be the perfect time & reason to do it.

Yeah, but I mean if it goes to Chevrolet, the bar the front logo floats on will go away, and maybe the taillight lenses will be updated. It really doesn't need anything else to look like a baby Vette.

Chevy Nomad ...

I EFFING WISH!! A Mini competior that has style and drives the rear wheels with a sweet turbo four out front? Gee...prolly would not sell.

I wanted one of these when they showed the concept...still do!

Edited by toesuf94

I've always preferred the Sky to the Solstice inside and out...I don't care who gets it as long as it lives a little longer.

Plus, the car has been out for a few years - a mid-cycle enhancement doesn't seem out of place anyway, and this would be the perfect time & reason to do it.

Exactly what I was thinking. If they're going to bring it over, give it an MCE and it should be fine.

Chevy Nomad ...

Let me dream a little: Diesel (could be the 125hp 1.7L Isuzu engine used by Opel), fairly light weight, and priced some 10% to 20% lower than the MINI Cooper D... then I'd be sold on it! :yes:

EDIT (i.e., back to reality) - www.notgoingtohappen.com

Edited by ZL-1

The Sky has always had a sort of "mini-Vette" air about it. I remember when Popular Mechanics spied it under development they actually thought it was a Chevy.

Let me dream a little: Diesel (could be the 125hp 1.7L Isuzu engine used by Opel), fairly light weight, and priced some 10% to 20% lower than the MINI Cooper D... then I'd be sold on it! :yes:

EDIT (i.e., back to reality) - www.notgoingtohappen.com

:smilewide: Smartass ...

I like both Kappas for different reasons. I'd buy the Solstice Targa though, if I could afford it and an old S-10 for a daily driver.

it'll be an easy conversion. myself, i find the sky to have more attractive features/character, but the solstice is the outright more balanced design [and because of that more enduring, less prone to wear]. less nuances less fuss, pure shape, perfect proportions....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0