hyperv6

First Zeta hits the road in down under testing

Here is a link to photo's of one of the first line built Zetas testing down under.

This is the first nearly clear look at the new pilot production VE Commadore. I beleieve this is the car due in August.

CARS GUIDE .com au

Tubo HMM?

Edited by hyperv6

That looks pretty sweet. The stance is excellent. The only nitpick I have is that I hope the triangle of camo on the c-pillar covers sheetmetal and not glass. That would make for a most sexy greenhouse :thumbsup:

That looks pretty sweet. The stance is excellent. The only nitpick I have is that I hope the triangle of camo on the c-pillar covers sheetmetal and not glass. That would make for a most sexy greenhouse :thumbsup:

Agreed. If it's glass, well it looks like GM caught up to VW circa 1998.

I see a little bit of VW Passat.

It does look small but it looks pretty good, too. Wasn't there a report that said the Zeta platform was overweight? I couldn't see it being fat based on this photo.

Posted Image

That looks pretty small, actually.

Agreed. That's why I think it would make a perfect Pontiac G8. It looks hot, seriously hot. I will wait to make comparisons till I see the real thing. The black covering the C-pillar is most definitely hiding sheetmetal, it doesn't make sense that it's anything else.

Hmmm..the lower rear door cutline is very BMW-3 series..looks like it has a long rear overhang and a short front one, and a decent RWD front door to front wheelwell distance..

Looking at the disguised C-pillar I can make out a BMW-like rear door upper frame shape also..

My first impression is that the greenhouse looks like an Audi A4 roof and C-pillar blended with a BMW 3-series doors..

Edited by moltar

Looks pretty good to me.

The small size is good. The G6 should be about 188 inches long and the GP should be about 193 inches long. Sort of like how the CTS and STS are now.

Looks pretty good to me.

The small size is good. The G6 should be about 188 inches long and the GP should be about 193 inches long. Sort of like how the CTS and STS are now.

Hmmm.. how does the G6 and GP relate to the Zeta Commodore??

Hmmm.. how does the G6 and GP relate to the Zeta Commodore??

Well, if the Commodore comes here as the G8/GP, and isn't as big as the current GP (it looks much smaller), then the G6 and G8/GP will be closer together in size. I personally would like to see the GP/G8 be about 191in OAL and the G6 about 185.

im getting a bmw vibe from front half

why in the heck do they have such a huge rear overhang...looks like the front is really short....so it just makes the rear look out of proportion. the wheels could be a good 5-6 inches farther back IMO

I think the car is bigger than it looks.

I see GM/Holden, BMW, Audi/VW Styling in different parts of this car.

Here are the drawings of the car shown a few weeks back to compare

Posted Image

A week before they go on sale.

So... when will they go on sale? :P

Well, if the Commodore comes here as the G8/GP, and isn't as big as the current GP (it looks much smaller), then the G6 and G8/GP will be closer together in size. I personally would like to see the GP/G8 be about 191in OAL and the G6 about 185.

An idea: why not a rebodied Commodore as the next G6? Edited by ZL-1

why in the heck do they have such a huge rear overhang...looks like the front is really short....so it just makes the rear look out of proportion.  the wheels could be a good 5-6 inches farther back IMO

I wondered about the overhang, but I think the rear overhang is actually considerably shorter than it looks due to the black disguise...the right edge of the rear bumper is not at the far left of the photo, but really below the right taillight and the edge of the wing.

If the wheelbase were 5-6 inches onger, it might end up looking strangely proportioned like the G6...

why in the heck do they have such a huge rear overhang...looks like the front is really short....so it just makes the rear look out of proportion.  the wheels could be a good 5-6 inches farther back IMO

The front and year overhangs look a lot like the pre-Bangle-Mangle 3-Series. The front overhang was always shorter than the rear.

Images of my 2005 330i for illustration purposes:

Front:

Posted Image

Rear:

Posted Image

How does Zeta compare to Sigma? They seem to be a similar size, so I'm guessing front struts instead of control arms, less aluminum and more steel?

How does Zeta compare to Sigma? They seem to be a similar size, so I'm guessing front struts instead of control arms, less aluminum and more steel?

you're right on both accounts. most of the rear suspension, i believe, has been taken from the current VZ platform.

Remember there will be two sizes for Zeta... This must be on the mid-size platform. Looks Great!

Thanks for the tidbit. I never caught it before and it actually makes more sense than having one large RWD platform.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook