New Honda CR-V Uncovered

CSpec

Hehehe... OMG, that's is so ugly! The front end is completely bizarre. The quarter window shape does not match anything on the vehicle, and the taillights are off a Volvo wagon. Disgusting. But... it's a Honda. Somehow, it will sell. hehehe, that is ugly.

Stop drawing on pictures?  :blink:

I think Fly means putting that chrome strip above the license plate as a lift-spot for tailgates, with the logo in the center.

The CRV is horrendous on the outside--curious to see what the inside is going to have. What does this get... just the slightly revised 2.4L and a 5A?

I think it's a big improvement over the old CR-V.....to me it looks a bit more "mature." The front end is distinctive..... but not as ugly as say the wierd front end on the Subaru Tribeca.

It's still not my cup-o-tea.....but should do well for Honda.

At least it DOESN'T look like the RDX.....

I'm surprised Fly did not comment on the hideous

underbite Honda borrowed from the Durango.

Oh and by the way Honda: sharp curves & round

soft lines componded by a complex mix of weird

bulbous shapes does NOT make your vehicle any

better than just pain good design with consistency.

Honda thinks it's way too complex and deep for

its own good.

Guest YellowJacket894

Honda takes America for a fool. They think that most Americans will buy any old thing they decide to make, even if it's a Yugo replicar. And the sad thing is, there are Americans who would buy such crap.

I feel like giving the finger to every person who buys this disgusting excuse for a car. The design is pathedic, just as I said it was when I posted the renderings here.

Edited by YellowJacket894

I like the headlights and the rims...that's about it. It's better than the B9, but not by a whole lot in my book.

I wonder what the interior will look like...

So.. its' a CRV with Accord headlights and a nasty underbite and no bottom lip. A style feature that is not on any other Honda sedan or SUV which leads me to a very important question:

What the hell is going on at HONDA?!?!?

Have they lost their minds? This is not stylish at all. It's God Awful in the front. The rest of the vehicle looks really good but dear lord, they screwed up on the most important part. The current CRV is much more attractive and that's not saying much.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Honda takes America for a fool. They think that most Americans will buy any old thing they decide to make, even if it's a Yugo replicar. And the sad thing is, there are Americans who would buy such crap.

Yes, Honda thinks Americans are fools, specially you.

The Honda Element is ugly. The Honda Ridgeline is ugly.

I disagree. :AH-HA_wink:

but it will sell.

I am having a FIT over this. Ok, not even that.

I guess Mitsubishi will survive. The Outlander will bracket the too expensive RAV4 and too ugly CRV.

Folks, the Equinox looks like a gem style wise. That new XL-7 Suzuki even has a big chance now. Someone explain to me how a 4 cylinder only CRV which will sell for the same price as the XL-7 which has the longer warranty and the 3.6 derived DOHC v6, well, why would you buy the CRV?

Edited by regfootball

Name recognition.

Name recognition? Definately. The name also carries the history of reliability and value (resale value) that is associated with Honda. There's also mileage, safety, comfort, and interior (which we have yet to see). I'm going to assume it is feature-rich as well.

Name recognition? Definately. The name also carries the history of reliability and value (resale value) that is associated with Honda. There's also mileage, safety, comfort, and interior (which we have yet to see). I'm going to assume it is feature-rich as well.

The first CR-Vs were not that reliable, not very comfortable, and had lousy interiors. It was, however, the first cute-ute and that says more than even the Honda nameplate

It's also associated with engine fires.

It was, however, the first cute-ute and that says more than even the Honda nameplate

The RAV4 was cuter and came out before the CR-V, although the Suzuki Sidekick beat them both to market by several years.

I want to know what trim levels are going to be offered, specifically I want to know if they are going to have an EX model. What is more manly than driving around in a CR-V EX?

Except for the whole front, the entire exterior looks very nice and clean. When they refresh the vehicle, and update the front, I'm sure it'll look very nice, conservative... just what the public goes for.

The greenhouse doesn't look near as bad as it did in the spy shots. The rear is nice, but the rear end is FUGLY! I guess I will wait to see the interior to see exactly how bad this is as a whole, but thankfully it is not as ugly as the new RDX...

At least the current CR-V kinda looked the part as a soft roader. This thing looks like it'll only climb the curb at the Starbucks drive in.

This thing looks dopey, it really does, and I hope North American buyers will agree. (...i hope...)

I can look past the underbite.

It's the rounded-off greenhouse that has me wondering what designers were thinking. Where does that tie in?