• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Flybrian

2007 Chrysler Sebring Convertible

Apparently, this was obtained via Chrysler's English (meaning United Kingdom) site...?

PRESS RELEASE:

CHRYSLER REVEALS STUNNING SEBRING CABRIO AT LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW

Link to Full Article @ Autoblog

Posted Image

Chrysler Group has today revealed the new Chrysler Sebring Cabrio that will be launched in the UK at the end of 2007.

All UK models will feature a retractable hard roof that folds into three sections and stows in less than 30 seconds. Standard roof system features include remote control operation from the key fob, standard powered tonneau cover and automatic latching.

Right hand drive models will be available with a 2.7-litre V6 petrol engine with six-speed automatic gearbox offering 189 horsepower and 191 lb-ft of torque. A 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine with six-speed manual will also be available with140 horsepower and 229 lb-ft of torque.

Peter Lambert, Managing Director of Chrysler Group, said: "Over the last decade the Sebring has been America's favourite convertible and this latest model is ideal for European markets with a folding hard roof and choice of petrol and diesel engines.

"The new Sebring is a stunning four seat two-door Cabrio that will offer outstanding value for money compared to competitors like the Saab 9-3 and Audi A4 in the UK. The Cabrio offers more than enough room for four adults plus exceptional cargo space. It is three inches longer than the Sebring saloon and there is luggage space for four golf bags with the roof up and two golf bags when the roof is retracted."

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

"Stunning" is a bit too strong of a word to use for it. It's better looking than the sedan, but the side profile is just way too busy.

Can someone officially declare the droopy headlights trend "dead" so that Chrysler can stop making their cars with them?

At least the enormous taillamps look to have been cut down by that seam.

Saw it today while we were setting up. Looks nice, quite the show when they do the narration on it. Also, special hollywood guest is going to be there to talk about it. PS She is a HOT ONE!

Interesting..first time the Sebring convertible and sedan have shared front ends, I think..looks smaller than the previous model.

Interesting..first time the Sebring convertible and sedan have shared front ends, I think..looks smaller than the previous model.

221302[/snapback]

Yeah, but that's because they weren't originally planned to be part of the same model family. The 1st-gen Sebring sedan was just a freshened Chrysler Cirrus.

At least the enormous taillamps look to have been cut down by that seam.

Too bad they couldn't make the headlights smaller too

I need to see more photos to make a final decision but I can tell right from this angle that the end is way too bulky. I'd say that the Volvo C70, VW Eos, and Pontiac G6 convertable (the sebring's direct competitor) all beat this car in the styling department. This seems to be geared towards anyone over the age of 50 while the other cars are aimed at the younger set. Whether or not the fact that this is aimed directly at a demographic that still has the most buying power will be positive for Chrysler remains to be seen but I'm willing to bet that baby boomers would want to be seen in something a little more youth-oriented a la the Scion effect.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Better than the sedan by a billionfold. I didn't laugh at this one, at least.

That said, I'd still take the 9-3, G6, or Eos 'vert before this.

This has to be the UGLIEST car I've ever seen!

Posted Image

221433[/snapback]

Wow...I haven't laughed out loud literally at a car since the 2007 Navigator.

I like it better than the sedan, and from this angle it actually looks quite good:

Posted Image

That said, the Eos looks nicer and so does the C70. However IMO it looks way better than the G6 vert...not that it takes much.

That said, the Eos looks nicer and so does the C70. However IMO it looks way better than the G6 vert...not that it takes much.

221474[/snapback]

Since you're speaking of looks, the exterior of the Pontiac G6 convertible is fine (with many saying it's attractive.) The G6's problems are interior materials and lack of storage space.

IMO, the G6 convertible comes across as more expensive and refined compared to the Sebring convertible (based on the pics.) There are just too many things wrong with the exterior styling of the Sebring convertible. The same Sebring interior has already disappointed from the sedan.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Since you're speaking of looks, the exterior of the Pontiac G6 convertible is fine (with many saying it's attractive.) The G6's problems are interior materials and lack of storage space.

IMO, the G6 convertible comes across as more expensive and refined compared to the Sebring convertible (based on the pics.) There are just too many things wrong with the exterior styling of the Sebring convertible. The same Sebring interior has already disappointed from the sedan.   

Posted Image

221487[/snapback]

Hmm, that's not a bad pic, actually makes it look alright. However the rear sucks just as bad as the Sebring IMO. I've sat in the new Sebring, the interior materials are fine, only the Fusion beats it (I've sat in that, a Camry, Accord, Aura, and more so I can say this with experience).

I had hoped the Sebring vert would get slightly different styling. Guess not. Its not horrible, but its not that great. Better than the sedan, but only because its missing 2 doors and the roof. Less ugly surfaces. :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.