Variance

Spied: Dodge Avenger (non-R/T)

56 posts in this topic

Spied: Dodge Avenger (non-R/T)

Posted Image

There was a thread before about spy photos of the new Avenger. This set of photos is of a lower-end model (I think it's the base SE model). Now, I thought the R/T version actually had promise but this...not so much...

World Car Fans

I liked the R/T concept a lot better. Maybe it was the photo angles they used for the concept, but something about this one out in real world conditions just looks blocky and not nearly as handsome. Maybe it's just the lower trim...I dunno.

wow that is an ugly ass car.  wouldn't look out of place parked next to my aztek.

226399[/snapback]

Sure it would...my Aztek has a lot more refinement and class!

Might work next to a pre-rework Aztek though...

That is just sad looking. It might just be as ugly as the Sebring. The R/T concept looked like it would atleast look better, albeit slightly. Ouch. Poor DCX.

I don't think it's that ugly really (certainly lacking refinement and details), but you know just by looking at it that it WREAKS OF CHEAP.

Yeah, I don't see it as "ugly ugly," it's more in the way of "fugly." It totally looks cheap and sucky though.

You can tell they put a lot of effort in this one! Looks almost exactly like a Charger.

It looks like it's trying too hard to be different, sporty and affordable. It doesn't patch all three together into one good package.

I liked the concept so much better. It looks very narrow. It also at the same time, looks pudgy (how is that possible?) It may be the camera, and bad angles...and hub caps...and the lack of a spoiler...it all conspiers to...suck. Hope some better photos will improve this, also I hope the R/T looks like the concept, cuz I loved that.

It'll be nothing short of a miracle if this mess (and it's equally horrid Chrysler sibling) can sustain DCX for the next 5 years. These are the cars they expect to compete in the midsize market?

Mark my words, DCX is headed for some really tough times.

Every new model DCX comes out with just gets uglier, cheaper, and sadder...this is no exception.

I hope at least the new vans are spared.

What I find amazing is that DCX has stated repeatedly that it intends to make Dodge a legitamate player in the Europe market and yet after seeing the Caliber and this, I'm really starting to wonder how building ugly and extremely uncompetitive (to Euro standards anyway) vehicles will help them accomplish that lofty goal.

I think the rumors of the Chrysler/Daimler split are looking more realistic when you look at the future lineup of both Dodge and Chrysler.

Headed? They're already there. Future programs being cut left and right.

226519[/snapback]

It looks like it might be the minivan that once again saves Dodge .

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

Looks almost ready for production.  All it's missing is a green E affixed to the trunklid.

-RBB

226402[/snapback]

Just what I was thinking...and actually something I almost expect as an OEM emblem of sorts on a lot of cheap blah-mobiles like this. Actually, this base model Avenger has a level of dullness and bad proportions that make it seem outside like a third world mishmash.

I WANT to like what they're doing anymore, but once the LX cars were intro'd, all hell just broke loose and no one seems to have any focus on anything positive. Some styling is decent and still cool, others are garish or horribly cobbled together like barn cars. Couple that with horrid interiors and numerous other issues, and it's just not a positive light ahead, or right now.

I don't think it's that ugly really (certainly lacking refinement and details), but you know just by looking at it that it WREAKS OF CHEAP.

226419[/snapback]

just like the nitro, charger, caliber, and citation X11 or celebrity EURO?

Edited by regfootball

It looks like it's trying too hard to be different, sporty and affordable.  It doesn't patch all three together into one good package.

226454[/snapback]

a 2002 grand am all of a sudden looks like an Audi........

you know DCX shafted mitsubishi and now it looks like mercedes is gonna do the same bichslap to chrysler.

IMO it was a total mistake to abandon the cab forward cars in lieu of this. It was also a mistake to spurn the galant twin for this.

chrysler went from zero to crap in about 5 years time under mercedes. So much for the foreign way of business.

Edited by regfootball