Hyundai said to release new BH to compete against luxury cars

Clownzilla

From this article, it seems that it is going to release the BH under the Hyundai name. Now, I think Hyundai's are decent vehicles, but they are in no position yet (in brand image or quality) to fight against luxury vehicles. I believe they will eventually get there, but they need to give it more time. Anyway, here is a link to the article:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/19/news/inter...sion=2007031907

It'll have a V8... and it sounds like it will be rear-wheel drive. It'll likely be a decent price too.

I doubt it'll be wise to write this bad-boy off just yet.

Agreed.

They've proven adept at reinventing themselves. I could imagine this thing coming in at a very reasonable (sub-$30k) price and finding enough takers to justify the effort.

It'll have a V8... and it sounds like it will be rear-wheel drive. It'll likely be a decent price too.

I doubt it'll be wise to write this bad-boy off just yet.

Ya, anyone writing them off so far has been proven wrong. Other car makers doing so, do so at thier own peril I'd say.

I for one, and bet there are others, could not give a rat's a_s about the badge. Give me near lux with a RWD V8 for less than 300C cash, with a great warrantee, and already now solid quality rep., and I am there.

Note they will be in the RWD v8 Sedan sector before Chevy and Ford. Thier enemy isn't Toyota or Honda anymore, its these guys.

the azera has been a flop. what makes them think their lux car effort will get rewarded?

What's interesting is, I've seen about the equal amount of Azeras on the road as LaCrosses... although I'd have to say in the past month or two, I'm starting to see more LaCrosses and Lucernes on the road.

I would watch out for these guys, if anyone was to top Toyota it will be this smaller Korean giant. I wouldn't write it off either the Azera proved how good they could build a Buick, and they did a better job than Toyota and at a better price point than both the Avalon and Lucerne. The fuel economy blows tho, no I don't like near as much as the organically styled Lucerne but it was an excellent atempt! Seriously GM needs to watch out and price the G8 right! I don't think Hyundai is ready for this yet, having said that if they put in around 30-33K they might sell. Then again they might not be ready to move that FAR up market. The Azera might have been a push. Once they get bigger it would be an even safer bet and better idea. Guess who is biting at Toyota's heals? Hyundai not Honda.

Ya, anyone writing them off so far has been proven wrong. Other car makers doing so, do so at thier own peril I'd say.

I for one, and bet there are others, could not give a rat's a_s about the badge. Give me near lux with a RWD V8 for less than 300C cash, with a great warrantee, and already now solid quality rep., and I am there.

Note they will be in the RWD v8 Sedan sector before Chevy and Ford. Thier enemy isn't Toyota or Honda anymore, its these guys.

How can they have a "solid quality rep"? They have really only been around for like 15 years, and for about 10 of those years they have been building total crap!

How can they have a "solid quality rep"? They have really only been around for like 15 years, and for about 10 of those years they have been building total crap!

Like you didn't just set yourself up for someone to say something about the quality of DCX vehicles. But I won't be the one to make any of "those" comments...

Like someone said above, it all comes down to what it's going to look like. I don't care if it's got RWD, AWD, 4WD, or even *gasp* FWD. If it looks like crap I'm not going to want to drive it everyday.

It won't be called Hyundai. It will have some luxurious American sounding name like Lexiniti, and stupid consumers won't even know who makes it.

Weren't they floating the name 'Genesis' around? The name Genesis sounds pretty cool, and most things that have that name on them tend to be awesome... like, the 'Genesis' section of the Old Testament... or the 'Sega Genesis!'

Like you didn't just set yourself up for someone to say something about the quality of DCX vehicles. But I won't be the one to make any of "those" comments...

So... anyone sit in a Jeep Compass lately? :P

Weren't they floating the name 'Genesis' around? The name Genesis sounds pretty cool, and most things that have that name on them tend to be awesome... like, the 'Genesis' section of the Old Testament... or the 'Sega Genesis!'

So... anyone sit in a Jeep Compass lately? :P

The one and only Genesis:

Posted Image

:lol:

What does the Compass' crappy interior material composition have to do with vehicle quality? Most reviewers like the Compass except for the graining on the plastic, and others don't like the looks.

Posted Image

What does the Compass' crappy interior material composition have to do with vehicle quality? Most reviewers like the Compass except for the graining on the plastic, and others don't like the looks.

I dunno. Just felt like being an asshole. :D

Jesus. I don't see any enthusiast who is dead f-ing set on having RWD rushing out to part with their $$$$ for a Hyundai. That's like saying you want to date a hot blonde cheerleader and then going to the trailer park for a 400 pound fleshy fattie just because she's blonde and willing.

This is just another reason why the Buick 'dealers' should GFT and STFU and support Buick importing the Holden Stateman as a Buick. I can't see any effort for this sort of car turning out anything besides cheesy for Hyundai. i would try to smuggle a statesman into this country before I would buy a cheesy ugly frail Korean RWD car that is trying to be something its not.

Statesman or Hyundai? Statesman or Hyundai?

Jesus. I don't see any enthusiast who is dead f-ing set on having RWD rushing out to part with their $$$$ for a Hyundai. That's like saying you want to date a hot blonde cheerleader and then going to the trailer park for a 400 pound fleshy fattie just because she's blonde and willing.

This is just another reason why the Buick 'dealers' should GFT and STFU and support Buick importing the Holden Stateman as a Buick. I can't see any effort for this sort of car turning out anything besides cheesy for Hyundai. i would try to smuggle a statesman into this country before I would buy a cheesy ugly frail Korean RWD car that is trying to be something its not.

Statesman or Hyundai? Statesman or Hyundai?

You must have owned an '85 Excel and never got over it. :AH-HA_wink:

Posted Image

Actually, if I am not mistaken, Peter Gabriel was part of Genesis once, so that wouldn't really be the "one and only" Genesis, techically, a la Nissan, it's Genesis 2.0 :P