FIRST LOOK: 2008 Chevrolet HHR SS Brochure

FIRST LOOK: 2008 Chevrolet HHR SS Brochure
Link to Original Posting @ Chevyhhr.net

Posted Image
Posted Image

Features read:

Finally a vehicle that can keep up with your life in the fast lane * A race-tuned, high-performance suspension developed from testing on numerous North American and European racetracks * Five-speed manual transmission with short-throw shifter * Four-wheel antilock disc brakes * Road-hugging ground effects and unique front and rear fascias * Aggressive black cross-mesh grille * Liftgate-mounted aero spoiler * Analog A-pillar-mounted titanium boost gauge * Leather-wrapped steering wheel with mounted audio controls * Available late fall 2007.

Not exactly attractive...

Might be a performer though! I'm sure everyone will find 1000 things wrong with it though, god forbid GM have a competitive sport compact. (Or the market know that it has one anyway)

Hopefully GM can promote this better than it promotes the panel and especially base HHR... This COULD be the cool alternative to Scion, if GM knew how to sell it.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

That photo does not look flattering...I hope it looks better from other angles/photos.

Since that manual-G6-with-only-two-pedals-chop we know that GM photography is... well... :lol: Edited by ZL-1

I really like it. The marketing department loses ten points because of the backwards bowtie, though. Something that concerns me.... Just as the Cobalt came as the Cobalt SS and the Cobalt SS Supercharged, this is named the HHR SS Turbocharged. Could a tamer, non-deserving-of-the-SS-name, naturally-aspirated HHR SS be on its way?

Edited by Cadavillac

I love it, even though we're looking at a mirrored image. :P

Turbo>SC

Should be fun to drive and I have yet to find anyone who has not loved their HHR after they bought it.

I even have talked to some who were PT owners in the past and they said they would not go back to a PT for anything.

The only complaint has been they should come stock with running boards to prevent the stone chips on the rear fenders and a little more power. Well they fixed one of them and the other is still an option.

The original link doesn't work Fly!

It used to work, but I think the whole site is down today. I bought a new HHR yesterday and I am bummed that the information there isn't available to me now. I hope it is a temporary problem.

Looks alright, but I'm still opposed to any front-drive car using the SS badge. I prefer LTZ, or even Z02.

It used to work, but I think the whole site is down today. I bought a new HHR yesterday and I am bummed that the information there isn't available to me now. I hope it is a temporary problem.

They're probably on a smallish server that got slammed by a eleventybillion redirected hits from here and all the other forums.

A PTCruiser, but worse looking, and "SS" badges on the sides?

"Daytona" trucks, "SS" econoboxes, what the heck is wrong with today?

First off, the HHR mimics the old Suburbans.

Second off, this isn't the 60's, SS stood for appreance packages go fast add ons. This should do a 14 second quarter easy. Show me how many other cars in this category that will for this price.

First off, the HHR mimics the old Suburbans.

Second off, this isn't the 60's, SS stood for appreance packages go fast add ons. This should do a 14 second quarter easy. Show me how many other cars in this category that will for this price.

Put the HHR beside a PT Cruiser and a "old Suburban" and tell me what it mimics... ;)

SS packages on a 2009 Camaro, sure. But an HHR. Not for me!

There are cars that can go 14s for the same money.