Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

ALTIMA COUPE vs ACCORD COUPE 08

48 posts in this topic

Which one do you like better? I think I prefer the Altima.

Edited by regfootball

Accord, though I haven't seen it in person yet. The Altima has some awkward views.

Accord, because it doesn't have that weird Monte Carlo-ish tail. The Altima always seemed a bit crude and unrefined to me.

CPO Eldorado.

Oh. Those? I mean Accord. As others said, the Altima has funny angles and these two oddly placed chrome strips sitting alone on the grille.

Accord...I prefer it's exterior and interior. The Altima looks awkward from some angles where it didn't translate from sedan properly, while the Accord looks like it was made to be a coupe...looks good from every angle I've seen i it so far.

Accord Coupe.

I saw it in person at the Honda dealer on Wednesday. Better looking than in some of the pictures we have seen on the web.

No sheetmetal is shared between the coupe and the sedan back from A pillar.

They designed it as a different animal from the sedan. It is heavier than the $h!ima, but I think it will be a better driver.

Nissan's styling is (both exterior and interior) boring and senile.

Accord Coupe.

I saw it in person at the Honda dealer on Wednesday. Better looking than in some of the pictures we have seen on the web.

No sheetmetal is shared between the coupe and the sedan back from A pillar.

They designed it as a different animal from the sedan. It is heavier than the $h!ima, but I think it will be a better driver.

Nissan's styling is (both exterior and interior) boring and senile.

According to C&D, the Accord coupe doesn't share any body panels or glass with the sedan.

I haven't driven the Accord, but the Altima (four-cylinder, stick) was actually quite fun to drive. It did, however, get a bit squirrelly at speed in the corners. It was strange having the rear end slide out on a FWD car.

I found the Altima to be attractive in person, but the Accord may be better in that respect.

According to C&D, the Accord coupe doesn't share any body panels or glass with the sedan.

I haven't driven the Accord, but the Altima (four-cylinder, stick) was actually quite fun to drive. It did, however, get a bit squirrelly at speed in the corners. It was strange having the rear end slide out on a FWD car.

I found the Altima to be attractive in person, but the Accord may be better in that respect.

That was my own assessment. Thanks for clarifying it.

I've seen the Altima coupe in person a couple times now.

The side profile looks bland and reminds me of the last gen Accord coupe. The front end looks too bubbly and mainstream. The headlights work good on the sedan, but don't look nearly sporty enough for a coupe (I said this when I first saw the spy pics). The rear end looks good in pictures, but when I saw it in person, it just looked awkward. Overall I think the Accord coupe is a better looker, although I haven't seen one in person yet (only the sedan).

I've only seen the Accord, but from pictures, the Accord coupe all the way. The Altima is like the G6. It's awkward.

What is awkward about the Altima???

I'd say Altima all the way.

The headlights and grille on the new Accord coupe are just awful - they scream '90s styling. The greenhouse and back are not bad, but not as nice as the Altima either.

For me it's no contest. Then again it's no contest for me in almost every Honda - Nissan design comparison, I always like the Nissan better with the exception of the somewhat awkward Versa.

What is awkward about the Altima???

I'd say Altima all the way.

The headlights and grille on the new Accord coupe are just awful - they scream '90s styling. The greenhouse and back are not bad, but not as nice as the Altima either.

For me it's no contest. Then again it's no contest for me in almost every Honda - Nissan design comparison, I always like the Nissan better with the exception of the somewhat awkward Versa.

The whole rear part of the Altima is awkward, have you seen one in person? I like the Monte Carlo better for crying out loud (and that's saying something)!

The last time I was at a Nissan dealer was about 3 weeks ago. They said they weren't delivering the coupes yet.

The last time I was at a Nissan dealer was about 3 weeks ago. They said they weren't delivering the coupes yet.

They are on the road as of a week ago or so. I saw one on the freeway just last Sunday.

I've only seen the Accord, but from pictures, the Accord coupe all the way. The Altima is like the G6. It's awkward.

I agree on both statements on the Accord and the Altima coupe, but I find the G6 to be much more attractive then the Nissan. In fact, it uses some definate 350z styling cues in the rear that give it a very sporty look. I'm surprise Nissan didn't go in a similar direction.

The Altima coupe has been on the lot here for a couple of months. From pics, I would take the Accord.

I think both are good looking vehicles, though I haven't seen the Accord coupe in person. The Altima coupe looks better in person than in photos. It would be a very difficult decision for me...probably based on price/monthly payment.

Calibra! Oh wait, thats not an option. :P Whats behind door number 3? :P

Seriously, I would take the Altima. I don't like the hiked up back end of the Accord Coupe. Looks like one of those monkey showing off its red ass during mating season.

I do not feel that the Altima resembles the Monte Carlo in any way, shape, or form.

The Monte has an unappealing droopy rear to my eyes.

However, overall of the Accord Coupe vs Altima Coupe, the Altima has things sewn up from the exterior viewpoint, but the Accord's interior buts the Altima to bed without supper.

I'm sure the Accord is more refined overall, plus it has the nifty double wishbone front suspension versus struts.

Not a huge fan of either's looks but to me the Altima is a bit too much wannabe G35 and well equipped gets pretty up there in price. The TV ads up here show one equipped at $40K Canadian, basically $39K USD.

I like the fact the Accord 6 cylinder takes regular unleaded and wil probably be more fuel efficient to boot, those VQ's can be thirsty.

I'll take the Monte Carlo please. It doesn't look like every other Asian car and has it's own brand of American character.

If I went on exterior styling alone, I would choose the Altima. I do agree that the grille and headlight design should have been more distinct from its sedan counterpart, but I think the rest of the sheetmetal has a sportier appearance than the Accord coupe.

If I factor in refinement and wanted something more upscale, I would choose the Accord.

I think sportiness would probably win out if I was shopping for a coupe (the refinement and upscale aspects would factor in a little heavier if I was purchasing a sedan). I would probably lean towards the Altima.

P.S. If you really want to get something really odd in the midsize coupe segment, then head over to your Toyota dealership before the Solara coupe goes out of production. After all these years on the market, I still haven't become accustomed to this awkward vehicle.

I just saw the Altima coupe from behind for the first time today. GAHH it was ugly. The side and front profiles are nice, but that tail end from straight on is hideous!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0