Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
!!!TED!!!

GM @ NAIAS '08: Cadillac CTS Coupe Concept

139 posts in this topic

Wow...I LOVE it...except for the door handles. So sleek.

Edited by moltar

Get ready to have Sixty8 come in to complain that it has B-pillars...

I love this thing. Very nice competition for the CLK.

It's okay, we all know they settled for mediocrity, cutting corners, and not making a better product than anything on the market.

Job well done. If the production car is near this Cadillac has finally arrived as promised by Mr Lutz.

Edited by hyperv6

Just saw this:

0000ctscoupexv7.jpg

It seems like there is no B-pillar on this one, but you can clearly see one in the pic of the side profile.

From the Autoblog article:

Although based on the sedan, the CT Coupe shares only the instrument panel, console, headlamps, front fenders and grille with the production model. Unique elements include:
  • Classic hardtop styling, with no B-pillar
  • CTS production windshield laid at a faster angle to create a sleeker profile
  • Crome, split seven-spoke wheel design; 20-inch front wheels and 21-inch rear wheels
  • Sculpted lower front fascia with unique brake-cooling vents
  • Slim-profile outside mirrors
  • XLR-type hidden door handles with proximity remote opening
  • Unique front fender vents
  • Diamond-cut rear fascia with mesh lower grilles and center-outlet exhaust
  • Taillamps with a subtle fin profile and are highlighted with LED lighting technology with light pipes
  • Rear spoiler integrated into the center high-mounted stop lamp
  • Sculpted roof-mounted antenna for OnStar, XM Satellite Radio, etc.
"The cliché is to say that there were no compromises in the design, but that is absolutely accurate in the case of the CT Coupe," said Manoogian. "Each line and angle of the bodywork was carefully honed, and the final design's proportions were judged by the eyes of the design team, not computer-generated math data."

Sorry, NOS. I know you were looking for some more raw, dirty, kinky sex with some Cadillac B-pillars as well. :P

Oh, and BTW, this is pure hotness.

Awesome all I can say is awesome!! Bring it out today and I will sell a kidney to buy it. GM keeps bringing hit after hit, they have to be on one of the biggest rolls right now. Toyota may gain the sales lead but it won't last...at all!!!! I'm sure Toyota is sweating right now, especially bringing out all these boring cars in which only people that eat bran muffins will drive.

From the Autoblog article:

Sorry, NOS. I know you were looking for some more raw, dirty, kinky sex with some Cadillac B-pillars as well. :P

Aww, I was lookin' for a threesome.. Guess I'll just wait for the wagon, maybe that'll cure my need.

DAMN YOU Bob Lutz. DAMN YOU! I am going to have to trade in my 08 for this.

If you were to reach into my head and pull out of my subconscious exactly what the perfect modern Cadillac (or any car) would look like, it would be this. Simply stunning beyond description.

Just saw this:

0000ctscoupexv7.jpg

It seems like there is no B-pillar on this one, but you can clearly see one in the pic of the side profile.

That is a rendering / mockup. The picture above is a production ready vehicle (right down to the little GM badge). This is pure Lutz theater right here - he did this with the LHS back in 92 - put a production car he knows people will plotz over on the stand as a "concept".

Easily the best looking Caddy ever. Toyota/Lex BMW and Mercedes should be sweating a bit more now. If GM keeps this up we may make a few more people proud to buy an American car.

I think I just came in my pants! Love those taillamps wrapping onto the decklid. Wow!

That is a rendering / mockup. The picture above is a production ready vehicle (right down to the little GM badge). This is pure Lutz theater right here - he did this with the LHS back in 92 - put a production car he knows people will plotz over on the stand as a "concept".

Right... now I see what you mean. There's no brakes on that one. Look at the front disc. No caliper.

If you think it looks good in the pics...you should see it in person.

Dear God it's hot.

Dear God, I can only imagine, I moistened the screen from only the pics.

Sonofabitch Caddy is on a roll!

DAMN YOU Bob Lutz. DAMN YOU! I am going to have to trade in my 08 for this.

If you were to reach into my head and pull out of my subconscious exactly what the perfect modern Cadillac (or any car) would look like, it would be this. Simply stunning beyond description.

I am sure plenty of C/Gers will wait in line to buy your used one..... :)

I wonder if he can be blocked from this thread...he'll ruin it with his insipid whining.

A production version of this would be great competition for the G37 and 3-series coupe, IMHO...

This is one of those cars that I had to look at for a while and from different angles to decide what I really thought about. The rear end isn't particularly flattering. The whole car seems to be yelling at me "look at how macho I am!".

I don't think the Cadillac design style fits a coupe like this very well. The basic body shape is good, but the more I look at it the less I like it. It would probably work well as a Chevy or Pontiac.

I only hope that the rear end of that can make it to production without being toned down- I'd even forgive it having b-pillars if they can manage that...

This is one of those cars that I had to look at for a while and from different angles to decide what I really thought about. The rear end isn't particularly flattering. The whole car seems to be yelling at me "look at how macho I am!".

I don't think the Cadillac design style fits a coupe like this very well. The basic body shape is good, but the more I look at it the less I like it. It would probably work well as a Chevy or Pontiac.

Well, Cadillac could have played it safe with a more vertical rear window, a more formal roofline..but they went for the sleeker, more radical fastback with this..targeting the G37, I would say.. now what will be interesting is if the production version will be this radical..

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0